PDA

View Full Version : NYC-911 call for medical help ends up with cops giving a beating "to teach a lesson".

Anti Federalist
01-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Professors Detail Brutal Tangle With Police

By JAMES C. McKINLEY Jr.JAN. 16, 2014

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/17/nyregion/professors-detail-brutal-tangle-with-police.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=1

Mr. Peltomaa denies he ever fought with Officer Giambra, though he recalls being confused about why he needed handcuffs to go the hospital. After he was cuffed, he said, the officer shoved him down face first on the tile floor, splitting open his chin and dislocating his thumb.

Then the officers flipped Mr. Peltomaa over, grabbed him by his clothes and dragged him to the ambulance. Ms. LaFont said she was taken to the precinct and put in a squalid cell. Officer Giambra, munching a candy bar, told her Mr. Peltomaa was fine and would be home before she would. “He said he needed to teach me the lesson that you are never allowed to touch a police officer,” she recalled.

The experience, she said, shook her faith in the police: Her heart races when she sees the officer around the neighborhood. “It was terrifying,” she said. “It was really a life-changing event to witness police brutality to my husband. I was so afraid that they were going to kill him.”

Mani
01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Were the officers OK? Those Professors should know better than to touch the untouchables. That's an offense of the greatest kind and needs to be dealt with some good ole fashion punishment.

GunnyFreedom
01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
This goes here:

http://video.pbs.org/viralplayer/2365155129/

phill4paul
01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Ms. LaFont dialed 911.

They did this to themselves.

Mani
01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
This goes here:

Those officers were way too lenient on that woman! How dare she touch him and push him! They allow for waaaay to much leniency in that country. In USA she'd get a proper smack down. It does not matter what law she had broken, the law is the law, and the officers were just following orders. I don't know why they let her stand there and push them around. A good ole Cop from USA would teach her a lesson. If that lady would have gotten the crap beat out of her she would have deserved it. Did you see how she talked to the officer? She had it coming, she would have brought it onto herself.

What kind of country allows people to push around their officers like that? They need to be more strict like in the US.

GunnyFreedom
01-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Those officers were way too lenient on that woman! How dare she touch him and push him! They allow for waaaay to much leniency in that country. In USA she'd get a proper smack down. It does not matter what law she had broken, the law is the law, and the officers were just following orders. I don't know why they let her stand there and push them around. A good ole Cop from USA would teach her a lesson. If that lady would have gotten the crap beat out of her she would have deserved it. Did you see how she talked to the officer? She had it coming, she would have brought it onto herself.

What kind of country allows people to push around their officers like that? They need to be more strict.

North Korea. :p

Anti Federalist
01-19-2014, 11:46 PM
North Korea. :p

Freedom.

RickyJ
01-20-2014, 12:21 AM
This goes here:

I guess the guy had no stars or was embarrassed to show how puny they were. America is getting mostly what it deserves. You can't collectively reject God and expect to prosper as a nation.

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2014, 01:13 AM
I guess the guy had no stars or was embarrassed to show how puny they were. America is getting mostly what it deserves. You can't collectively reject God and expect to prosper as a nation.

The ones who have rejected God the most are the nominal Christians. For example, they think they are doing God a service by stripping Him of the authority over marriage and cementing it into the hands of woefully corrupt politicians. If you disagree, stating that marriage belongs to the sole dominion of God, they accuse you of not being a Christian because you do not want to rob God of His rightful authority and dominion. Pharisees of the worst sort these have become. And who did Yeshua hate the most, Samaritans (semi-pagans) or the Pharisees? The Pharisees. The ones pretending to be godly while robbing God of His authority. Legitimate Christians are a shred of a remnant in America today. I would venture to say that 95% or more of those who call themselves "Christian" in this country are nothing of the sort.

Christian Liberty
01-20-2014, 01:21 AM
The ones who have rejected God the most are the nominal Christians. For example, they think they are doing God a service by stripping Him of the authority over marriage and cementing it into the hands of woefully corrupt politicians. If you disagree, stating that marriage belongs to the sole dominion of God, they accuse you of not being a Christian because you do not want to rob God of His rightful authority and dominion. Pharisees of the worst sort these have become. And who did Yeshua hate the most, Samaritans (semi-pagans) or the Pharisees? The Pharisees. The ones pretending to be godly while robbing God of His authority. Legitimate Christians are a shred of a remnant in America today. I would venture to say that 95% or more of those who call themselves "Christian" in this country are nothing of the sort.

I hope that last part isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I still can't shake the moral equivalence (Well, not even really "equivalent", I'd argue that one is worse than the other but its not the one that your average joe Christian thinks it is) between war and homosexuality in my mind, I feel like those who support the former are at least just as bad morally as those who support the latter. I agree that when you first get saved you can believe some pretty screwed up stuff about pretty much any moral topic, but will God keep you here? Will a saved person still be saying "God bless the troops" and "We need to fight them over there before we come over here" and the like 20* years after they get saved? I'm not the judge of that, but I can't help but wonder if most of these "God and country" people are more like "God is country." And I think that's doubly true in the south, in NYS I have slightly more hope for them because being a Christian isn't exactly culturally expected so its more likely that if someone says they are an evangelical, they are serious about it. Even still, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a minority.

Christian Liberty
01-20-2014, 01:24 AM
To be fair, I have yet to have anyone I know IRL tell me I'm not saved because of my views on marriage, even if most people disagree with me on the issue.

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I hope that last part isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I still can't shake the moral equivalence (Well, not even really "equivalent", I'd argue that one is worse than the other but its not the one that your average joe Christian thinks it is) between war and homosexuality in my mind, I feel like those who support the former are at least just as bad morally as those who support the latter. I agree that when you first get saved you can believe some pretty screwed up stuff about pretty much any moral topic, but will God keep you here? Will a saved person still be saying "God bless the troops" and "We need to fight them over there before we come over here" and the like 20* years after they get saved? I'm not the judge of that, but I can't help but wonder if most of these "God and country" people are more like "God is country." And I think that's doubly true in the south, in NYS I have slightly more hope for them because being a Christian isn't exactly culturally expected so its more likely that if someone says they are an evangelical, they are serious about it. Even still, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a minority.

Make no mistake, God and country ARE heavily conflated in the United States. You can thank Lyndon Baines Johnson for that, and the straight-from-the-pits-of-hell 501(c)3 tax status that has 98% of all the established churches in the US putting Washington DC above God. Now, the government gets to dictate what you can and can not say from the pulpit, when that authority clearly belongs to God, and God alone. The fact that Americans are somehow by and large OK with that demonstrate that they worship government above God, which is blasphemy. Look no further than the vast majority of churches putting the American flag in a position of honor to it's own right and center of the pulpit, and often even before the cross itself.

Paulatized
01-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Make no mistake, God and country ARE heavily conflated in the United States. You can thank Lyndon Baines Johnson for that, and the straight-from-the-pits-of-hell 501(c)3 tax status that has 98% of all the established churches in the US putting Washington DC above God. Now, the government gets to dictate what you can and can not say from the pulpit, when that authority clearly belongs to God, and God alone. The fact that Americans are somehow by and large OK with that demonstrate that they worship government above God, which is blasphemy. Look no further than the vast majority of churches putting the American flag in a position of honor to it's own right and center of the pulpit, and often even before the cross itself.

Not intending to high jack the thread, but, I know of at least 3 churches in a 30 mile radius that display the American flag over the Christian flag in the front of the church. I am highly offended by this. I cringe every time I see it. Government, God, and Family, this is the message they send to all. It is as you said, they worship government above God. If confronted about it they would deny it, but never the less, they are sending a message that speaks louder than words.

kathy88
01-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Oh look. Another thread derailed by religion.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Oh look. Another thread derailed by religion.

LoL - Well, my thread and my "friends", so they can derail if they like.

Honestly, what more can be said about the OP?

Just another day in the AmeriKan police state.