PDA

View Full Version : Gohmert: It's a moral imperative to fight against the GOP Establishment

AuH20
01-19-2014, 06:59 PM
He always treated Dr. Paul right while not always agreeing with him. Go Gohmert!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/19/Battle-Cry-Louie-Gohmert-calls-on-Tea-Party-to-fight-back-against-GOP-establishment

“So, a big national organization of corporations has declared war on us,” Gohmert said.

Earlier in his speech, Gohmert said the the vote on the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP), the bailout, was the most important vote he ever faced in Congress.

“I think TARP was the most defining vote since I’ve been in Congress. It was wrong. You don’t nationalize private—it was wrong. It desensitized people to what $700 billion was, which opened the door for a $900 million stimulus, for Obamacare, for all these things. It was wrong. It broke my heart.”

Gohmert said former Rep. John Shaddegg (R-AZ), who voted for TARP but then later expressed regret to Gohmert about the vote, is an example of how certain people who cast bad votes can be forgiven—as long as they do not do so repeatedly, and actually understand why what they did was a mistake.

“I love John Shaddegg,” Gohmert said. “Before the end of that year, he said: ‘Louie, I was wrong to vote for TARP. I deeply regret it.’ We can forgive people that make mistakes as long as they can acknowledge them and make sure it’s not going to happen again. But don’t be on every issue all the time on every position and expect us to think that’s great.

"We’ve got the NSA getting logs of every call you make. The IRS is weaponized like Richard Nixon could only have dreamed of. A law enforcement arm of the U.S. was forcing the sale of guns to people so they could get them to drug cartels to kill hundreds of Mexicans and even at least one or more Americans. You got a U.S. administration supporting rebels in other countries that are infused with America’s greatest terrorist enemies but the administration cannot even call them "radical Islamists" that they are, while we’re punishing countries like Egypt that has finally stood up them. We have Republican leaders who are not content to lose presidential elections but now they think we need to get moderates who will stand not for anything but for everything."

“We weaponized not only the IRS but other agencies like EPA, OSHA, Department of Justice,” he added. “Can you imagine being in the State Department, Justice Department, Homeland Security and you see abuses of your Constitution and trying to figure out where do you go to report it? Where do you go to report it? There’s nowhere right now. I can tell you because I have those people come to me.”