PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Marijuana No More Dangerous Than Alcohol

jct74
01-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Obama: Marijuana No More Dangerous Than Alcohol

By Mollie Reilly
01/19/2014 12:05 pm EST

With a majority of Americans now in favor marijuana legalization, President Barack Obama is now saying weed is no more dangerous to individuals' health than alcohol.

In an interview with the New Yorker's David Remnick published Sunday, Obama said while he believes marijuana is "not very healthy," the drug isn't as harmful as some insist.

“As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol," Obama told Remnick.

When asked if he believes marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, Obama said it is less damaging "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer."

"It’s not something I encourage, and I’ve told my daughters I think it’s a bad idea, a waste of time, not very healthy," he added.

read more:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/19/obama-marijuana-alcohol_n_4627740.html

Origanalist
01-19-2014, 01:06 PM
From the comments;

Actually, marijuana is more safe than both alcohol and tobacco to both the User and Society.

Democrats support change. Republicans -- claiming to be the party of "freedom" -- still want to put users in prison.

Republicans, take notice.......

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-19-2014, 01:15 PM
It goes without saying to never trust anything from Zero's mouth. He's like a Slick Willie, a weakling who wants to be on the winning side.

Also, he probably finally realized that being Willie Nelson is a whole lot cooler than being president.

Origanalist
01-19-2014, 01:24 PM
It goes without saying to never trust anything from Zero's mouth. He's like a Slick Willie, a weakling who wants to be on the winning side.

Also, he probably finally realized that being Willie Nelson is a whole lot cooler than being president.

Being Willy Nelson will always be cooler than being President.

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2014, 01:31 PM
It goes without saying to never trust anything from Zero's mouth.

Oh no. Going by past experience form the liar's mouth, this means that marijuana is dangerous! ;)

There are comparisons and contrasts to be made between marijuana and alcohol. On the comparison side, they are both drugs with real effects and side effects. They are personal choices and there should not be laws or regulations on them.

On the contrast side, they are very different drugs, with different effects and side effects. That is often overlooked with all of these comparisons of the two.

muh_roads
01-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Legalization is going to happen across the board. They are going to make it look like the peoples Government works for them by giving the serfs this one thing.

We're still getting screwed over in plenty of other areas. They probably figure that we'll care less about getting fucked over when we're all high.

Warlord
01-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Oh no. Going by past experience form the liar's mouth, this means that marijuana is dangerous! ;)

There are comparisons and contrasts to be made between marijuana and alcohol. On the comparison side, they are both drugs with real effects and side effects. They are personal choices and there should not be laws or regulations on them.

On the contrast side, they are very different drugs, with different effects and side effects. That is often overlooked with all of these comparisons of the two.

What about MDMA, cocaine etc?

enhanced_deficit
01-19-2014, 01:51 PM

Good point.

SWC Obama is a disgraced person. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433586-Majority-of-Americans-now-believe-Obama-is-quot-dishonest-and-untrustworthy)

sluggo
01-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Wake me up when he reschedules cannibus. Otherwise this is just political hot air to make Dems look like the "cool" party.

Dr.3D
01-19-2014, 02:09 PM
He is absolutely wrong when he says that. Marijuana can ruin you life. Just let the feds catch you with some and you can lose your job and even be locked up.

Emmmm.... maybe he should say, Marijuana isn't dangerous, it's the part about it being illegal that's dangerous.

tod evans
01-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Wake me up when he reschedules cannibus. Otherwise this is just political hot air to make Dems look like the "cool" party.

That'd be a good start...

Rescheduling all plants, their alkaloids and derivatives would make more sense to me..

otherone
01-19-2014, 02:22 PM
That'd be a good start...

Rescheduling all plants, their alkaloids and derivatives would make more sense to me..

A better start would be to eliminate the DEA and let the States handle it.

tod evans
01-19-2014, 02:32 PM
A better start would be to eliminate the DEA and let the States handle it.

I'm all for that...As a start.

Cleaner44
01-19-2014, 02:37 PM
He is absolutely wrong when he says that. Marijuana can ruin you life. Just let the feds catch you with some and you can lose your job and even be locked up.

Emmmm.... maybe he should say, Marijuana isn't dangerous, it's the part about it being illegal that's dangerous.

Marijuana isn't dangerous.

The U.S. federal government is dangerous.

How the government treats users of Marijuana in the beacon of freedom is extremely dangerous.

jkr
01-19-2014, 03:35 PM
LESS
dangerous
$ man

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2014, 04:23 PM

Either they decriminalize cocaine, or put half of Wall St and Hollywood in jail. I'll be fine with either. ;)

Ender
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM

Name me one president since JFK that hasn't been a liar.

At least O is admitting to actually using pot/tobacco etc. And, I'm not an O fan.

DamianTV
01-19-2014, 04:30 PM
When the Legal Consequences of drug use are more severe than the Medical Consequences, you have Injustice.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-19-2014, 08:24 PM

At least O is admitting to actually using pot/tobacco etc. And, I'm not an O fan.

Well, everybody lies, so I was just referring to the degree of lying.

I care about anybody's dope smoking like I care about the blades of grass in anybody's yard. Zero's presentation assumes that people should care about his petty indulgences. The average American boob will find such trivialities fascinating, and that seems to set the stage for his reciprocity. That reciprocity then justifies his "caring" about citizens' other indulgences and his intervention in them.

In other words, everybody mind your own business regarding dope and so many other things.

Acala
01-19-2014, 08:58 PM

JFK was a liar too. He lied about the "missile gap" with the Russians when the US had very high level, very reliable intelligence that the USSR was far behind the US in its nuclear ICBM arsenal. His lies brought us very close to nuclear war with the USSR. And let's not get started on VietNam.

Ender
01-19-2014, 09:03 PM
JFK was a liar too. He lied about the "missile gap" with the Russians when the US had very high level, very reliable intelligence that the USSR was far behind the US in its nuclear ICBM arsenal. His lies brought us very close to nuclear war with the USSR. And let's not get started on VietNam.

I realize he wasn't perfect- I just believe he woke up and it killed him.

Snew
01-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Safer, actually.

kcchiefs6465
01-19-2014, 09:48 PM
He pardoned two turkeys.

As millions rot.

Fuck him.

dannno
01-19-2014, 11:05 PM

It really depends on the pureness/quality of the substance and how you use it.

Alcohol can be much more dangerous than both of those if you drink heavily and blackout while putting yourself in dangerous situations OR you drink heavily and blackout in a safe setting but on a daily basis.

MDMA should only be taken on rare occasions, no more than once a month and preferably less often. Purity/quality is a big concern and so is dosage, you don't need to over-do it. 1 pill or dose is usually enough, 2 pills or doses is definitely enough.

Cocaine is really only bad if the quality or pureness is poor or if it becomes a habit and you start having to do more and more, or you do very large quantities in a short timespan or you keep doing it constantly for a long time. If you do a few lines of high quality cocaine while you're out drinking with some friends once in a while and you don't over-do it then you will probably be ok. However there was a case recently in my town where this guy was driving with these girls on the hood of his car while they went over a bump. Apparently they did it at least 4 times in a row going about 40 mph. Then suddenly the dude goes, they estimated, 70-92 mph and they all go flying off the car and one of the girls died. He's getting 14 years. Alcohol + cocaine + hot girls + stupidity that all those things can cause may be dangerous, but there are also plenty of people who you can give all the cocaine and alcohol you want to and they will not get on the hood of a car to go over a bump at a high rate of speed.

Weed is still way safer than all those things tho.

jkob
01-19-2014, 11:23 PM
How about a blanket presidential pardon? Put your money where your mouth is Obama.

MRK
01-20-2014, 04:21 AM
However there was a case recently in my town where this guy was driving with these girls on the hood of his car while they went over a bump. Apparently they did it at least 4 times in a row going about 40 mph. Then suddenly the dude goes, they estimated, 70-92 mph and they all go flying off the car and one of the girls died.

Groupthink in action.

Hey, no one else is saying this is a bad idea, it must be just fine.

tod evans
01-20-2014, 06:09 AM
How about a blanket presidential pardon? Put your money where your mouth is Obama.

Repeal the Brady act too.....

Danke
01-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Obama is much more hazardous to one's health.

klamath
01-20-2014, 09:01 AM
locked up the libertarian vote right there.

pcosmar
01-20-2014, 09:07 AM

What about them?

pcosmar
01-20-2014, 09:10 AM
locked up the libertarian vote right there.

Nope,, I doubt it.
He is another politician,,talking out both sides of his face.

Jimmy Carter was going to decriminalize Marijuana, and so was Clinton.

when they were campaigning. :rolleyes:

mczerone
01-20-2014, 12:22 PM
In other obvious news, the radiation exposure from a banana is no more dangerous than the radiation exposure from being near the core of a melting-down nuclear reactor.

Jumping from a curb is no more dangerous than jumping from a plane without a parachute.

Sleeping is no more dangerous than taming a lion.