PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence Chair hints that Snowden was a Russian spy.

phill4paul
01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/19/edward-snowden-nsa-mike-rogers-russia

Russia may have helped the former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden to reveal details of surveillance programmes and escape US authorities last year, the chairman of the House intelligence committee claimed on Sunday.

Mike Rogers, a Republican representative from Michigan, interviewed by NBC’s Meet the Press, said Snowden was “a thief whom we believe had some help”, and added that there was an “ongoing” investigation into whether Russia had aided Snowden.

“I believe there's questions to be answered there,” Rogers said. “I don't think it was a gee-whiz luck event that he ended up in Moscow under the handling of the [Russian intelligence service] FSB.”

Rogers added: “Let me just say this. I believe there’s a reason he ended up in the hands, the loving arms, of an FSB agent in Moscow. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Asked if he was aided by the Russians, Feinstein said: “He may well have. We don’t know at this stage. But I think to glorify this act is to set a new level of dishonour.”

Speaking from Moscow, the Texas Republican told ABC’s This Week: “I believe he [Snowden] was cultivated by a foreign power to do what he did.”

McCaul said he could not “definitively” say it was Russia that helped Snowden. “Hey, listen, I don't think … Mr Snowden woke up one day and had the wherewithal to do this all by himself. I think he was helped by others. Again, I can't give a definitive statement on that … but I've been given all the evidence, I know Mike Rogers has access to, you know, that I've seen that I don't think he was acting alone.”

Do not come back to America Ed. They will burn you like a witch.

Dr.3D
01-19-2014, 10:44 AM
I can see how they would like to make up something to pin on him to make it look like he really did something wrong.

Spikender
01-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Oh, of course, Snowden was cultivated by a foreign power to warn the people of a country that their government is just as corrupt and malicious as they've always thought.

Motherfucker please.

Glorifying this act is to set the stage for what it means to have courage and be a hero. Glorifying anything these Congressional puppets to me is not only dishonorable, but also treasonous.

Fuck em.

Warlord
01-19-2014, 10:47 AM
All lies. Rogers is desperate.

Cap
01-19-2014, 10:50 AM
The number of times Feinstein and Rodgers have been caught telling half truths has been staggering. The number of times Snowden has? Not one. Yet we are expected to believe these asshats this time? That's just silly.

Kotin
01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah cause Russia has a vested interest in the freedom of Americans.. These congressmen are the real traitors.

ClydeCoulter
01-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Just make shit up, throw it against the wall, and see what sticks. SMH.

Here, let me try it.
Seeing that the Texas Republican is in Moscow, it may be that he is working with the FSB to try to negate Snowdens revalations. It seems that he and Russia are working together to help keep Americans minds off of the revelations that Snowden made and instead focus on insuring that the focus be on fear mongering.

oyarde
01-19-2014, 11:48 AM
What if Rogers is a Russian spy ?He would have to be in order to know for sure .

specsaregood
01-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah cause Russia has a vested interest in the freedom of Americans.. These congressmen are the real traitors.

Is that all Snowden did though was whistle blow information affecting the freedom of americans? Or did he do more? Is PM Merkel an American? Is Brazil's President? Is china's university network part of the freedom of americans?

If I was a conspiracy theorist such as these congressman, I might suggest the revealing the internal violations was a cover story for the foreign relations stuff.

phill4paul
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
What if Rogers is a Russian spy ?He would have to be in order to know for sure .

I believe there are agents within the FBI who are working closely with Russian interests. We might need to keep an eye on them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-sending-security-help-to-sochi-olympics/2014/01/09/f56f7d5e-7960-11e3-b1c5-739e63e9c9a7_story.html

HOLLYWOOD
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
WTF... HINTS?

They don't call "PROPAGANDA SUNDAY MORNINGS" for nothing.

It was another Sunday morning of well coordinated lies, deception, and created hysteria for the viewers on EVERY political blathering propaganda talk show. CBS 'FACE THE NATION', ABC 'THIS WEEK', CNN 'STATE OF THE UNION', FOX 'Fox News Sunday', NBC 'Meet The Mess'

Same statist garbage, another Sunday morning... hosting the profiteers of political alarmists-careerist, war and security, Mike Rogers, Peter King, Mike McCaul, Michael Morrell, Tom Donilon, a slew of the USUAL SUSPECTS in Media, regurgitating the same old political pundits playing musical chairs on these Kabuki Theater shows, both broadcast and print. Sanger, Ruth Marcus, Noonan, Michael Crowley, Donna Brazile... on and on, same old rubber-stamps for the State of Deceptions.

Ronin Truth
01-19-2014, 12:10 PM
It sure doesn't say much good about our top secret clearance procedures for screening contractors now does it? :p

LibertyEagle
01-19-2014, 12:13 PM
They're just trying to make this about Snowden, instead of the unconstitutional acts that he showed our government was doing. The more they can do that, the more the spotlight moves off of the real topic.

Origanalist
01-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Rep. Mike Rogers Goes On National TV To Lie About NSA Programs And Snowden
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131223/02311625673/rep-mike-rogers-goes-national-tv-to-lie-about-nsa-programs-snowden.shtml

Who Lied? Mike Rogers, the NSA, and XKeyscore
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/16174-who-lied-mike-rogers-the-nsa-and-xkeyscore

U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers confronted at TEA Party meeting, accused of lying, video;
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/VideoNetwork/1137736661001/Rep-Mike-Rogers-confronted-at-TEA-Party-meeting

Rep. Mike Rogers spreads lies to defend a 1984 Police State
http://thefederalist-gary.blogspot.com/2014/01/rep-mike-rogers-spreads-lies-to-defend.html

Anti Federalist
01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Outside of Dianne Frankenstein, the other two sluts stood up and cheered when the DC cops slaughtered Miriam Carey, right?

Yeah, don't come back Ed.

You'll be crucified if you do.

These people are not worth it.

pcosmar
01-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Intelligence Chair hints that Snowden was a Russian spy.

Intelligence Chair proves beyond doubt the lack of intelligence.

specsaregood
01-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Outside of Dianne Frankenstein, the other two sluts stood up and cheered when the DC cops slaughtered Miriam Carey, right?
Yeah, don't come back Ed.
You'll be crucified if you do.
These people are not worth it.

I don't think he had any delusions about ever being able to come back to the US and living outside of a cage.

devil21
01-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Lord only knows what information is being suppressed in the other 95% of the stuff Snowden allegedly took that hasn't been released.

I wouldnt be surprised if Snowden was helped by the Russians (he did fly around the planet unscathed and that's not really possible if you're a wanted fugutive IRL) but I don't think he was a Russian "spy". Quite the soap opera unfolding here.

oyarde
01-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I believe there are agents within the FBI who are working closely with Russian interests. We might need to keep an eye on them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-sending-security-help-to-sochi-olympics/2014/01/09/f56f7d5e-7960-11e3-b1c5-739e63e9c9a7_story.html

I think all the FBI , DHS and the paid informants are Russian spies along with Rogers. :) All these traitors should stay away from my property and my happy , unsterilized deer. The deer are more trustworthy .

Origanalist
01-19-2014, 01:15 PM
At the Fox news story on the same subject;
Comments are currently
closed for this article
:rolleyes:

aGameOfThrones
01-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Russian spy helps Americans by exposing an illegal spying program by the American government on Americans.

enhanced_deficit
01-19-2014, 01:48 PM
We don't know that Ragers takes money from weapons makers to keeps wars going on and on.
We don't know if his wife is a war profitter too.

tod evans
01-19-2014, 02:03 PM
4-star thread!

Neil Desmond
01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
If he was an enemy Russian spy, why all this "releasing information to the public" drama? Isn't the clandestine business usually very low profile stuff?

If this is true, then why wasn't he under a microscope to make sure he didn't flee the country?

Suppose it's true that the Russians were helping him; well, prior to the USSR becoming defunct, they were the bad guys. Does this mean that the US & Russia are swapping roles? :eek: :toady:

Grubb556
01-19-2014, 02:52 PM
I've always wondered why the Russians didn't put Snowden on their Olympic delegation.

Occam's Banana
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
TRAITOR
TRAITOR
PATRIOT

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Blotter/abc_mike_rogers_gma_interview_thg_130121_mn.jpg
http://www.hoosieragtoday.com//wp-content/uploads//2013/12/Dianne-Feinstein.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0sFee-XmVCM/UoBZpKHO3rI/AAAAAAAABAk/ffDDBFkEOcU/s1600/Edward_Snowden-2.jpg

Dr.3D
01-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Does this mean that the US & Russia are swapping roles? :eek: :toady:
Well, when I was a kid in school, they told us how the USSR had government controlled media and how they spied on their own citizens.

Yeah, it does look like the US and Russia have swapped roles to some extent.

phill4paul
01-19-2014, 06:01 PM
WTF... HINTS?

They don't call "PROPAGANDA SUNDAY MORNINGS" for nothing.

It was another Sunday morning of well coordinated lies, deception, and created hysteria for the viewers on EVERY political blathering propaganda talk show. CBS 'FACE THE NATION', ABC 'THIS WEEK', CNN 'STATE OF THE UNION', FOX 'Fox News Sunday', NBC 'Meet The Mess'

Same statist garbage, another Sunday morning... hosting the profiteers of political alarmists-careerist, war and security, Mike Rogers, Peter King, Mike McCaul, Michael Morrell, Tom Donilon, a slew of the USUAL SUSPECTS in Media, regurgitating the same old political pundits playing musical chairs on these Kabuki Theater shows, both broadcast and print. Sanger, Ruth Marcus, Noonan, Michael Crowley, Donna Brazile... on and on, same old rubber-stamps for the State of Deceptions.

I shoulda put "hints" in quotations. :o

oyarde
01-19-2014, 06:03 PM
I've always wondered why the Russians didn't put Snowden on their Olympic delegation.

I would stay away from that , certain Chechens are busy making announcements about festivities there ..... and the FBI are there ....

Anti-Neocon
01-19-2014, 06:06 PM
What's the chance of primarying this POS in the near future? He's more harmful than Peter King, that's for sure.