PDA

View Full Version : Christie administration held city's Sandy recovery funds 'hostage' to help developer

specsaregood
01-18-2014, 11:42 PM
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/hoboken_mayor_claims_christie_administration_held_ citys_sandy_recovery_funds_hostage.html

excerpts:

Hoboken mayor claims Christie administration held city's Sandy recovery funds 'hostage' to help developer

Christie's administration denies the accusations.

Guadagno, Zimmer said, pulled her aside during an event in Hoboken in May and made the connection explicit. Zimmer recalled the interaction in her diary, which was quoted on the show:

“She pulls me aside and says that I need to move forward with the Rockefeller project. It’s very important to the governor. The word is that you are against it and you need to move forward or we are not going to be able to help you. I know it’s not right. These things should not be connected. But they are, she says. ‘If you tell anyone I said it, I will deny it.

But even though Zimmer requested more than $100 million from Christie, she received only $342,000.

In May, Zimmer again took to her diary to recount an event she participated in with Constable.

“We are miked up with other panelists all around us, and probably the sound team is listening, and he says ‘I hear you’re against the Rockefeller project… If you move that forward, the money would start flowing to you.”

ClydeCoulter
01-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Just to make sure the horse is dead?

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Just to make sure the horse is dead?

The horse was stronger than ever last week.

Natural Citizen
01-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Seems like there isn't a whole lot of response on these Christie threads. Heh....

kathy88
01-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Seems like there isn't a whole lot of response on these Christie threads. Heh....

I can't hear you, I'm stuffing my face with a Krispy Kreme.

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I can't hear you, I'm stuffing my face with a Krispy Kreme.

Yum. That sounds good right now.