PDA

View Full Version : GOP establishment panics over Christie’s troubles: “I think we need Mitt back”

RonPaulFanInGA
01-18-2014, 09:48 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/chris-christies-crisis-plunges-republican-party-deeper-into

In interviews with more than a dozen party officials, fundraisers, and strategists in New York and Washington over the past 10 days, Republicans described a palpable sense of anxiety gripping the GOP establishment in the wake of Christie’s meltdown, and an emerging consensus that the once promising cast of candidates they were counting on to save the GOP from the Tea Party — and the nation from Hillary Clinton — is looking less formidable by the week…

“There are definitely people jumping ship,” the operative said, noting that confidence in Christie’s electability has dropped off sharply among the donors he’s heard from…

In fact, it’s gotten so bad, the operative said, that some donors have started looking back fondly on the good old days of 2012: “You know what a lot of them say to me? I think we need Mitt back.”

JK/SEA
01-18-2014, 09:58 PM
sure, why not...

Teenager For Ron Paul
01-18-2014, 10:06 PM
I actually saw some ad on Facebook advocating for Romney 2016. Strange stuff.

CPUd
01-18-2014, 10:09 PM
LOL these people are fickle. Just over a year ago, they wanted to ban Christie from the RNC because he had a photo op with Obama. Then a few months later, they want him to be the nominee, and now this.

Occam's Banana
01-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Establishmentarianism at wit's end - it's not a pretty sight ...

kahless
01-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Luckily today.

Mitt Romney On Running For President Again: 'Oh, No, No, No. No, No, No, No, No. No, No, No.'
www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/18/mitt-romney-president_n_4624365.html
The Huffington Post | By Chris Gentilviso Posted: 01/18/2014 4:27 pm EST
“Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no," Romney told the paper. "People are always gracious and say, ‘Oh, you should run again.’ I’m not running again."

klamath
01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
The best thing about this is the hit he took with the "he can win!" voters. Those are the ones that shot him to the top of the polls after his landslide reelection. good stuff.

JustinTime
01-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Something I find funny is that just two months ago Christie was supposed to be the "adult", a moderate who could win for the GOP if the party just ejected all the freedom wingnuts.

I refuse to defend the guy, if his political career goes down in flames, fine by me.

ClydeCoulter
01-19-2014, 11:45 AM
It's like watching the Little Rascals planning something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM4iQHxpUAM

Henry Rogue
01-19-2014, 11:47 AM
In fact, it’s gotten so bad, the operative said, that some donors have started looking back fondly on the good old days of 2012: “You know what a lot of them say to me? I think we need Mitt back.”
Ha ha. Yeah, but its all our fault repubs can't get elected.

Tywysog Cymru
01-19-2014, 12:24 PM
I'd love to see Romney run again, got to split that Neocon vote.

specsaregood
01-19-2014, 12:33 PM
The best thing about this is the hit he took with the "he can win!" voters. Those are the ones that shot him to the top of the polls after his landslide reelection. good stuff.

I disagree. The best thing about it is that it hits his credibility. Christie made a name for himself by going after and convicting corrupt government officials. That was the best part of his resume. And these scandals directly contradict that image.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2014, 12:34 PM
"the once promising cast of candidates they were counting on to save the GOP from the Tea Party — and the nation from Hillary Clinton"

This is the problem with the GOP. They still don't understand that the Tea Party, and only the Tea Party side of the Republican Party has any chance of beating a Democrat.

Icymudpuppy
01-19-2014, 12:43 PM
The GOP brand is dead. It cannot be resuscitated. We should seriously work on convincing all our best liberty republicans in office to officially go third party.

FSP-Rebel
01-19-2014, 12:51 PM
The GOP brand is dead. It cannot be resuscitated. We should seriously work on convincing all our best liberty republicans in office to officially go third party.
The brand may have issues but so does the democrats to a bigger extent maybe. We're/Rand is working on repairing those issues and jumping ship back to third party irrelevance is a terrible idea, man. The establishment would love for Rep Amash to come out and say, "Yo, I'm running for reelection on the LP ticket." Then the GOP would install their crap sandwich nominee and the dems would take the seat back for the time being. We've been electing more solid liberty candidates across the country in each election and in an exponential fashion, it would be crazy to mess with this formula no matter what your distaste for party politics or the establishment is.

kahless
01-19-2014, 01:02 PM

They are further damaging their brand by not distancing themselves from Christie. This whole Christie business actually hurts Rand in 16 due to guilty by party association that is intent in taking the entire party down by sticking by him. Fools!

speciallyblend
01-19-2014, 01:22 PM
as the gop dies in 2016 with the establishment.

mrsat_98
01-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Bumper Sticker Suggestions for 2016

2016 Take a Mitt !!!

I actually some ad on Facebook advocating for Romney 2016. Strange stuff.

I'd love to see Romney run again, got to split that Neocon vote.

as the gop dies in 2016 with the establishment.

klamath
01-19-2014, 02:56 PM
I disagree. The best thing about it is that it hits his credibility. Christie made a name for himself by going after and convicting corrupt government officials. That was the best part of his resume. And these scandals directly contradict that image.No Christie shot to the head of the polls because of his massive reelection win in a blue state. Christie may have made a name by fighting corruption to the NJ voter but to the national republican voter it was the thought he could beat the democrat even on their on turf. Those voters that switched in one day were "He can win!" Voters.

Dr.3D
01-19-2014, 02:59 PM
If you keep doing what you have always done and keep getting the same results, why would you continue to do what you've always done?
Yeah, put Mitt back up against another democrat and watch as the democrats win again.

Bastiat's The Law
01-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Steve Deace weighed in on this.

The Impact of Bridgegate: Deace on NPR’s “On Point” (http://stevedeace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/deace-on-point-npr-chris-christie.mp3)

DamianTV
01-19-2014, 04:31 PM
We dont need Mitt. We needed Ron and now need Rand.