PDA

View Full Version : Cuomo: Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Pro-Trad Marriage Conservatives Have No Place in State; Should Leave

AuH20
01-18-2014, 01:37 PM
So when will the dark forces of Albany will start rounding them up via gunpoint? That obviously is the next step.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/17/Cuomo-conservatives-leave

Anti Federalist
01-18-2014, 01:45 PM
One Party Rule.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44916312.jpg

AuH20
01-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Imagine for a second if a so-called conservative governor made comments like this..........You can tell we're getting closer. This is how it starts. They are slowly shaping public opinion for their next move.

01-18-2014, 02:47 PM
The democratic party wants the US to balkinize.

Christian Liberty
01-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Imagine for a second if a so-called conservative governor made comments like this..........You can tell we're getting closer. This is how it starts. They are slowly shaping public opinion for their next move.

I live in NYS and I hate it.

Miss Annie
01-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Ah..... so shines the tolerance of the left. :rolleyes:

Christian Liberty
01-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Tolerance is logically contradictory as a moral value, because it necessarily entails tolerance of intolerance.

James Madison
01-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Putin didn't say anything near as extreme as this, and he's been universally ridiculed by Western media.

Tywysog Cymru
01-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Andrew Cuomo vaguely reminds me of another Democratic governor, from a Southern state, who ran for President in 1968, but that guy apologized later in life.

Christian Liberty
01-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Andrew Cuomo vaguely reminds me of another Democratic governor, from a Southern state, who ran for President in 1968, but that guy apologized later in life.

Cuomo won't. His comments signal the shift of thought in this country.

LibForestPaul
01-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Cuomo makes Christie look honorable.

Peace&Freedom
01-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Does Cuomo even remember Romney's 47% PR problem? These comments will come back to bite Cuomo when Tea Party and cultural conservatives pick up seats in the mid term elections, including in NYS. How are you going to run for President in 2016 when you're on record intolerantly slamming half the country, the half that just cleaned your clock in 2014?

Christian Liberty
01-18-2014, 10:47 PM
These comments will come back to bite Cuomo when Tea Party and cultural conservatives pick up seats in the mid term elections, including in NYS. How are you going to run for President in 2016 when you're on record slamming half the country, the half that just cleaned your clock in 2014?

I hope you're right. I'm not even technically conservative except culturally, and I'm not Republican. I'm still ticked off.

Paulbot99
01-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Maybe he wants to start the purge?

DFF
01-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Cuomo's basically saying that all white people should leave NY.

Cutlerzzz
01-19-2014, 12:44 AM
Cuomo won't. His comments signal the shift of thought in this country.

Not really. Polling shows Public Opinion on guns has changed dramatically towards pro gun in the last several decades. Public opinion on abortion hasn't changed much, but polling says that society is more pro life than 20 years ago. The shift against traditional marriage is the only actual trend.

aGameOfThrones
01-19-2014, 01:23 AM
tax exempt?

Tywysog Cymru
01-19-2014, 12:17 PM

Not really, most whites in NY probably agree with him.

FSP-Rebel
01-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org)
k bye

Keith and stuff
01-19-2014, 01:36 PM
k bye

That's mentioned in the original source. The OP posted a blog post about the original source.

The governor’s suggestion that, for example, those who hold anti-abortion views have no place in the state prompted Dennis Poust, spokesman for the state Catholic Conference, to observe on Twitter, “My governor thinks there’s no place in NY for people like me. Can I get a state grant to relocate?” (And where to — New Hampshire, maybe?)
http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/203801/cuomo-extreme-conservatives-have-no-place-in-the-state-of-new-york/

I welcome all extreme conservatives, liberty Republican, Ron Paul Republicans, Rand Paul Republican, libertarian Republicans and so on to New Hampshire. If someone is against high taxes and also pro guns, there is obviously only one choice in the Northeast and it's New Hampshire.

And if you want to vote with your feet to be with like-minded individuals; again, NH is the top choice in the nation as it's the only place where an organized move is happening for liberty.

Even the Ron Paul Republican chair of the most urban GOP committee in NH was actually born in NY. So yeah, it happens ;)

DamianTV
01-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Group Psychology.

If you are going to be part of this group, you must BLINDLY accept all ideas you are told to accept without question, reject all ideas you are told to reject, and must fight to support the ideas mandated by the State.

Cowlesy
01-20-2014, 01:12 AM
It really should be national news, but since the media agrees with him, it'll get bypassed.

There's no point in getting mad or frustrated about it. That's just wasting your time. Accept the fact that there are people like Cuomo who'd be fine liquidating those whom he judged as being on the wrong side of history.

Keith and stuff
01-20-2014, 06:05 AM
It really should be national news, but since the media agrees with him, it'll get bypassed.

There's no point in getting mad or frustrated about it. That's just wasting your time. Accept the fact that there are people like Cuomo who'd be fine liquidating those whom he judged as being on the wrong side of history.

A blog post on TimesUnion.com about how the Democratic Governor of New York is trying to tell the NYGOP how to run itself/whom to include doesn't really seem like national news to me. I get it. Moderate Democrats in NY don't want conservative Democrats to even exist in NY. They want them to move to NH or something. That makes sense to me. The Democrats are trying to take control of the NY Senate. They want the few decent people that still vote in NY to move out. It makes sense to me. The only reason this is big news at all is because NYC and DC and by far the 2 most importance news markets in the nation.

AuH20
01-20-2014, 09:18 AM

You haven't met the white people who live in the sphere of influence we call NYC. They are some of the most ardent statists on the planet. I think we need to move past black vs. white at this juncture.

ObiRandKenobi
01-20-2014, 01:39 PM
good.

better politicians tell the truth then enact these sorts of policies incrementally and under cover of spin.

if new yorkers continue to support him then they get what they deserve.

Christian Liberty
01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Not really. Polling shows Public Opinion on guns has changed dramatically towards pro gun in the last several decades. Public opinion on abortion hasn't changed much, but polling says that society is more pro life than 20 years ago. The shift against traditional marriage is the only actual trend.

I don't view gay marriage as the real fight. My personal beliefs are more conservative, but I also believe in living at peace with other people. If someone wants to get gay married, I don't care as long as they find someone who is actually willing to do it. I don't support expanding government marriage control to include gay marriage though, and I don't think government should redefine marriage for them. Instead, I think government should get out of marriage and allow individuals to deal with defining it, if someone defines it wrong that's between them and God.

The real issue is that people are going to start viewing opposition to homosexuality on moral grounds as being similar to opposition to interracial marriage or something, and "civil rights" legislation is going to be extended to those marriages, which will ultimately lead to more conservative pastors getting thrown in jail. The real problem is that most people do not believe in peace and individual rights.

Well, Cuomo is the governor of the state that I'm stuck in ATM, and I suspect there are a lot of people who agree with him.

You haven't met the white people who live in the sphere of influence we call NYC. They are some of the most ardent statists on the planet. I think we need to move past black vs. white at this juncture.

I haven't talked to any of those people, but it wouldn't surprise me. Heck, they were selling shirts for the NYPD in practically every store:rolleyes:

Origanalist
01-20-2014, 02:13 PM
The democratic party wants the US to balkinize.

So do I.

nobody's_hero
01-20-2014, 04:46 PM
I kind of agree with Cuomo. All the productive, tax-revenue-generating people need to leave the state. Either that or stay, continue to feed the beast by paying state taxes, and eventually be arrested by the very same government that's been leeching off of you the whole time you've lived in New York.

jonhowe
01-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Not really, most whites in NY probably agree with him.

Living in NYC, yes. Living upstate and in middle class parts of Westchester and Long Island, no.

I used to work in state government and politics (for a democrat. I didn't know better). This is just a "get some money coming in" line. I don't think it signals anything major.

I like that Cuomo legalized medical marijuanna last week. And I liked his support for same sex marriage. That's about it though. He's a thug.

Keith and stuff
01-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I like that Cuomo legalized medical marijuanna last week. And I liked his support for same sex marriage. That's about it though. He's a thug.
He is even doing the highly limited medical marijuana thing like a thug. He just decided that he would be the dictator and go around the regular process.

Christian Liberty
01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
k bye

I hear you. Maybe some-day...

I kind of agree with Cuomo. All the productive, tax-revenue-generating people need to leave the state. Either that or stay, continue to feed the beast by paying state taxes, and eventually be arrested by the very same government that's been leeching off of you the whole time you've lived in New York.

Yeah, what you are saying is NOT what Cuomo meant.

Living in NYC, yes. Living upstate and in middle class parts of Westchester and Long Island, no.

I used to work in state government and politics (for a democrat. I didn't know better). This is just a "get some money coming in" line. I don't think it signals anything major.

I don't like the same-sex marriage support. Especially coupled with a comment like this one. I understand your line of thinking and libertarians who think this way. I too want to get the government out of marriage. But that is NOT what these liberals want. They want fascism and more government power, and they support government redefining marriage to accomodate gays precisely because it enhances government power.

Rudeman
01-20-2014, 11:52 PM
What is so special about New York? I mean I get wanting to stay in California because of the location (main reason why I still live here) but I never really got the appeal of New York.

Serious question, not trying to bash any New Yorkers.

Keith and stuff
01-21-2014, 12:20 AM
What is so special about New York? I mean I get wanting to stay in California because of the location (main reason why I still live here) but I never really got the appeal of New York.

NYC is fun and somewhat safe if you are a large male, travel in groups or restrict yourself to a small section of the city. Then there are the main 3 reasons people stay anywhere. Their stable job, their friends and their family.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1480660_10153715706325494_2136390055_n.png

jonhowe
01-21-2014, 12:49 AM
NYC is fun and somewhat safe if you are a large male, travel in groups or restrict yourself to a small section of the city.

Not at all true. The vast majority of the city is quite safe.

I admit, I often have trouble answering the "whats so special about NY" question. I've only lived here 4 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

My roof view:

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1609804_10201151050278673_1435710088_n.jpg

AuH20
01-21-2014, 12:51 AM

I was born here. Beyond that connection it's extremely overrated and becoming increasingly expensive to live. And more and more anti-liberty people move into Manhattan with each passing year. It's like a roach motel for unbridled statism. I hate to say it but I wouldn't shed a tear if something happened to New York City. And I work there! But it's become a festering pit of corruption and national domination.

TomtheTinker
01-21-2014, 01:28 AM
I live in NYS and I hate it.

New York wouldn't be so bad if we kicked out the big city and we built a fence around Albany.

jbauer
01-21-2014, 09:43 AM
So basically everyone in NY needs to be tolerant of others opinons (such as pro-choice, pro-anti-gun, pro-gay marriage) unless of course your opinion differs from Stalin....er Cuomo

Anti Federalist
01-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Whatever blows your skirt up, of course...but me?

I'll take my rooftop view any day.

http://i.imgur.com/g7ze21Q.jpg

Not at all true. The vast majority of the city is quite safe.

I admit, I often have trouble answering the "whats so special about NY" question. I've only lived here 4 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

My roof view:

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1609804_10201151050278673_1435710088_n.jpg

Philhelm
01-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Not at all true. The vast majority of the city is quite safe.https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1609804_10201151050278673_1435710088_n.jpg

Unless you are an 84-year-old man who jaywalked in front of police.