PDA

View Full Version : Scariest paragraph from Obama NSA speech

smithtg
01-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Really read this and think about what he (and the government) is saying

"Given the fact of an open investigation, I’m not going to dwell on Mr. Snowden’s actions or motivations. I will say that our nation’s defense depends in part on the fidelity of those entrusted with our nation’s secrets. If any individual who objects to government policy can take it in their own hands to publicly disclose classified information, then we will never be able to keep our people safe, or conduct foreign policy. Moreover, the sensational way in which these disclosures have come out has often shed more heat than light, while revealing methods to our adversaries that could impact our operations in ways that we may not fully understand for years to come."

objection to government and disclosure of "classified" (aka criminal) information means the "government" will never be able to keep the people safe?????

belian78
01-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Complete and utter bullspit, but most everyone here should already know that. How in the heck is spying on American citizens doing ANYTHING for foreign policy or our safety? Safety of course, within the context of their use of the word, being from foreign attackers.

Philhelm
01-17-2014, 02:12 PM
"Moreover, the sensational way in which these disclosures have come out has often shed more heat than light, while revealing methods to our adversaries that could impact our operations in ways that we may not fully understand for years to come."

Except, in this case, the American people are the adversary.

HOLLYWOOD
01-17-2014, 03:43 PM

"Given the fact of an open investigation, I’m not going to dwell on Mr. Snowden’s actions or motivations. I will say that our nation’s defense depends in part on the fidelity of those entrusted with our nation’s secrets. If any individual who objects to government policy can take it in their own hands to publicly disclose classified information, then we will never be able to keep our people safe, or conduct foreign policy. Moreover, the sensational way in which these disclosures have come out has often shed more heat than light, while revealing methods to our adversaries that could impact our operations in ways that we may not fully understand for years to come."

objection to government and disclosure of "classified" (aka criminal) information means the "government" will never be able to keep the people safe?????So, the teleprompter puppet's recital, is obviously written by "Team Propaganda"... because as an mature adult and the leader of a so-called "Free Nation and Free People", you would expect to the president to address Congress and the people, the laws broken by the; NSA, by their executive staff/officers, by the DOJ for refusal to prosecute felonies committed by numerous government employees and departments, in violation of the Constitution, Congress, and the People. No, it was nothing more than the usual mind control bullshit and childish attacks at a person who understands what this unaccountable government has done; which is known to be corrupt and proven FOR SALE everyday, which has done to destroy the rule of laws, the country, and people.

BTW, it has been proven time and time again, over the past 500 years, that; Government Security, National Security, State Security, Internal Security, Secret Security... are always to protect the tyrannical government and eventually leads to the oppression of freedoms, the voice from the people, dissent to graft, corruption, & imprisonment. Nothing new, has been proven over and over, yet Obama's crafted speech proves, the government needs to oppress the people, domestically, commit tyranny through security at ever corner and communication port, so the rouge government may continue it's harsh mischief and brutal ventures on foreign lands around the world.

You may not agree, but their very own words prove I am correct and Obama sealed the deal today... that happens to be the governments right hand man called the U.S. State Department. Go ahead, call up any US embassy/consulate website... their first and foremost main statement is "What is in the best interest of the United States Government". That always comes before the country or before the American people. Obama proved today, we need complete security at home so we may continues our(U.S. Government) ruthless endeavors overseas/foreign lands. No secret, the U.S. State Department is also used as a money laundering front in the form of foreign USAID, back to Military/Security Industrial complexes. Once diplomatic U.S. embassies and consulates for trade, communicating with host nations, have been turned in covert ops for alpha agencies, spy agencies, weapons running, subversion, and of course,secret dealers to launder USAID money back to MIC corporations to buy their military weapons/gear.

With all the RICO violation of government and government officials, does anyone trust them on rule of law or controlling complete security? Hell, the CIA & FBI testified to the 9/11 commission that it was all of the US government's overseas interventions; the invasions, the overthrowing governments, the installing and supporting oppressive dictators/regimes, occupation of foreign lands, theft of natural resources, and of course, the complete support for the brutal policies Apartheid Israel. No secret, it's there in black and white.

'National Security... The Age Old Cry of the Oppressor'

PS:FDR early 1941
"The people of Europe don't ask U.S. to do their fighting. They ask for the implements of War...The Planes, The Tanks, The Guns, The Freighters, which will enable them to fight for their liberty and OUR SECURITY. We Must Be The Great Arsenal of Democracy"

At the time, FDR just forgot to mention he and the US government had been violating the Neutrality Hague Convention of 1907 Act for over a year.
June 11, 1941 U-boat sunk a American freighter, FDR used this event to occupy Iceland, relief of the British garrisons isolated and US militarize it.
Sept 4, 1941 US Destroyer attacked by a U-Boat between Iceland and the UK, FDR now authorized full attack against any German vessel at sea.

Root
01-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Translation: Government rights (to exist) supersedes your rights (to exist).

smithtg
01-17-2014, 04:01 PM

objection to government and disclosure of "classified" (aka criminal) information means the "government" will never be able to keep the people safe?????

Its the use of absolutes here - "never" is just a BS term to scare people; also being an engineer/educated person, we all know that using never in most contexts doesnt make sense.

Safe from foreigners? yeah the USA wouldn't have to worry about its safety if it didn't go starting wars all over the world for no reason and then lying to everyone about why they are in a war/invasion

PaulConventionWV
01-17-2014, 04:08 PM

Good. I wish they'd stop keeping me safe.

fisharmor
01-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Its the use of absolutes here - "never" is just a BS term to scare people; also being an engineer/educated person, we all know that using never in most contexts doesnt make sense.

No, it makes perfect sense to use it here, because the state will actually never make us safe.
This is all just a scapegoat that Barry gets to use to mask that.
I think this is actually quite brilliant. In the past he would have had to blame the state's inability to protect us on Jews, or negroes, or some other physical scapegoat.
Nowadays he gets to just point to resisters. They're the real reason it ain't working, see? It has nothing to do with the fact that it won't work no matter what they do...

Carson
01-17-2014, 04:56 PM
It seems they can take people's constitutionally protected information, whether it is classified or not, and dole it out to whomever they please and get away with it.

Contractors included.

DamianTV
01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Except, in this case, the American people are the adversary.

... and Freedom / Transparency are their Weapons.

HOLLYWOOD
01-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Com'on in Layman's Terms... Obama states, I'm not stopping or terminating any surveillance programs. It doesn't matter who's in the White House, it's the same Statist-Establishment puppets being told what to say and to keep the con game going. their lips are moving to the recording programmed by the money masters.

Now let's reflect on Obama's history... August 1, 2007

Presidential candidate Barack Obama, "This administration(W Bush) acts like violating civil liberties is the way to enhance our security."

PS: After Obama's NSA-Security State speech, former Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, you know, the same government clown that was going to suspend Posse Comitatus within the United States, praised Obama's speech,
Gonzalez's statement, "I think you get a little wiser, when you put your hand on that bible." :rolleyes:

DamianTV
01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Obama has a Pen and a Phone.

We have the Constitution.

---

Dig deeper.

Obamas declaration of being able to do anything he wants for what ever reason completely eliminates the need for the other two branches of the Govt. It effectively makes him a Dictator by declaration. And Congress has already shown a great fear that Congressional Obsolescence is what he is accomplishing.

Goodbye ALL Checks and Balances built into our form of Govt as our Founding Fathers designed into its structure.

Carson
01-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Here is a link to a Fark thread on this topic;

http://www.fark.com/comments/8104146/Will-Obama-announce-sweeping-reforms-Will-he-punt-it-to-Congress-to-change-lawsince-they-make-them-Will-Obama-thank-Americans-for-sexting-each-other-making-his-morning-briefs-far-more-amusing-This-is-your-Obama-NSA-speech-thread

And somewhere out there are stories about how they've been using the illegally obtained evidence to take people to court and cover up the fact that it was illegally obtained in the first place. One real grabber today I think but I've lost it for now. (Found it. It was on these forums all along.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?441656-NSA-Official-We-Are-Now-a-Police-State

“The main use of the collection from these [NSA spying] programs [is] for law enforcement.[See the 2 slides below].”[images at link]

“These slides give the policy of the DOJ/FBI/DEA etc. on how to use the NSA data. In fact, they instruct that none of the NSA data is referred to in courts – cause it has been acquired without a warrant.”

“So, they have to do a ‘Parallel Construction’ and not tell the courts or prosecution or defense the original data used to arrest people. This I call: a ‘planned programed perjury policy’ directed by US law enforcement.”

“And, as the last line on one slide says, this also applies to ‘Foreign Counterparts.’” )

And they are worried about an honest man named Snowden!

DamianTV
01-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Off Thread Topic

And what happens when the Constitution is Secretly Amended with a Secret Amendment? An Amendment that you and I and everyone else are not even allowed to know? How devestating could such an Amendment be? What if it already happened? What if it was approved of in another means, just as an Executive Order? What if all it took to Amend the Constitution was a Pen and a Phone?

HOLLYWOOD
01-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Today, after Obama's canned speech, the rebuttal from...

NSA Whistleblower, J Kirk Wiebe, "People say to me, 'Why are the Europeans so upset?' Well, the Europeans tell me 'They've Lived It'... We've haven't. We're headed towards that Fascist kind of a construct."

Here is a link to a Fark thread on this topic;

http://www.fark.com/comments/8104146/Will-Obama-announce-sweeping-reforms-Will-he-punt-it-to-Congress-to-change-lawsince-they-make-them-Will-Obama-thank-Americans-for-sexting-each-other-making-his-morning-briefs-far-more-amusing-This-is-your-Obama-NSA-speech-thread

And somewhere out there are stories about how they've been using the illegally obtained evidence to take people to court and cover up the fact that it was illegally obtained in the first place. One real grabber today I think but I've lost it for now. (Found it. It was on these forums all along. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?441656-NSA-Official-We-Are-Now-a-Police-State
“The main use of the collection from these [NSA spying] programs [is] for law enforcement.[See the 2 slides below].”[images at link]

“These slides give the policy of the DOJ/FBI/DEA etc. on how to use the NSA data. In fact, they instruct that none of the NSA data is referred to in courts – cause it has been acquired without a warrant.”

“So, they have to do a ‘Parallel Construction’ and not tell the courts or prosecution or defense the original data used to arrest people. This I call: a ‘planned programed perjury policy’ directed by US law enforcement.”

“And, as the last line on one slide says, this also applies to ‘Foreign Counterparts.’” )

And they are worried about an honest man named Snowden!

Anti Federalist
01-17-2014, 06:22 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44916312.jpg

Dianne
01-17-2014, 07:19 PM
The government cannot keep us safe, as evidenced by Obama's Presidency. The government gave us a President operating under an alias, that no one knows a damn thing about.. If that is keeping America safe, fk the U.S. Government.

Dianne
01-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Obama has a Pen and a Phone.

We have the Constitution.

---

Dig deeper.

Obamas declaration of being able to do anything he wants for what ever reason completely eliminates the need for the other two branches of the Govt. It effectively makes him a Dictator by declaration. And Congress has already shown a great fear that Congressional Obsolescence is what he is accomplishing.

Goodbye ALL Checks and Balances built into our form of Govt as our Founding Fathers designed into its structure.

He has a pen and a phone, and he'll call the Saudi's for his next move.

smithtg
01-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Never had a post put at the top of RPF. Thanks mod, now I am on the NSA watch list ;)

I have been around here, goodness, 7ish years now? Thanks for all the conversations RPF'ers

goRPaul
01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
"We will never be able to keep people safe or conduct foreign policy."

http://media.tumblr.com/faf838594a6f9bdb6b2f9e00b3fc2a0c/tumblr_inline_mrqh76Q4mv1qz4rgp.jpg