PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Police Know Florida Man is Concealed Carry Owner BEFORE Pulling Him Over

Deborah K
01-17-2014, 11:37 AM
How Did The Maryland Transportation Police Know An Unarmed Man From Florida Was A Concealed Carry Gun Owner Before They Pulled Him Over?

A Florida man was traveling South with his family on the way home from a wedding in New Jersey when the Maryland Transportation Authority Police (MTAP) began tailing his Ford Expedition. After about 10 minutes, the police pulled him over and told him they knew he owned a gun. They demanded he produce it for them on the spot — even though the firearm was locked away in a safe 1,000 miles away.

John Filippidis of Hudson, Fla., told The Tampa Tribune he wasn’t speeding or doing anything illegal when the cops took an interest in his car. In fact, he’d intentionally left his Kel-Tec .38 pistol locked up at home precisely because he understood the potential legal headaches that can arise when traveling through multiple State jurisdictions with a firearm.

“I know the laws and I know the rules,” he said. “But I just think it’s a better idea to leave it home.”

So when the Maryland police pulled him over, they took his license and registration back to the patrol cruiser, then returned to the car and ordered him to get out.

more here:http://personalliberty.com/2014/01/17/how-did-the-maryland-transportation-police-know-an-unarmed-man-from-florida-was-a-concealed-carry-gun-owner-before-they-pulled-him-over/

belian78
01-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Dupe post.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?441591-Conceal-Carry-Permit-constitutes-probable-cause-for-a-search-and-seizure

Deborah K
01-17-2014, 11:54 AM
sorry...shoulda known..

oyarde
01-17-2014, 11:55 AM
This is why I prefer a 12 guage.

DamianTV
01-17-2014, 04:43 PM
And if Walmarx knows you went shopping at Target, do they have the right to deny you permission to shop at their store because a person is then labeled as a "Traitor to Walmarx"?

Applications of this kind of Total Information are HUGE.

Dont just think about Law Enforcement, think about how EVERY aspect of a person's life can be ruined by this kind of Total Information.

Carson
01-17-2014, 05:29 PM
All a thief might have to do is automatically read license plates and run for that one search term.

Occam's Banana
01-17-2014, 05:54 PM
And if Walmarx knows you went shopping at Target, do they have the right to deny you permission to shop at their store because a person is then labeled as a "Traitor to Walmarx"?

Applications of this kind of Total Information are HUGE.

Dont just think about Law Enforcement, think about how EVERY aspect of a person's life can be ruined by this kind of Total Information.

:confused: Why in the world would Walmart want to refuse the custom of Target shoppers - or of anyone who wanted to spend their money at Walmart? :confused:

And even if they did want to do such an idiotic thing, why shouldn't they have the right to do so?