PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bad vibe here

luckystars
11-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I get the feeling most are hardcore conservatives. If you want to win a Presidency you have to be inclusive. I have worked hard to convert liberal Democrats, they are mistrustful of the Republican party and rightfully so. If they came here and read some of what is written, they would write it off.

I'm just not feeling the love....

Oddball
11-29-2007, 08:00 PM
The truth doesn't always come lined with mink.

OptionsTrader
11-29-2007, 08:04 PM
The difficulty is this:

Ron Paul's message is tough medicine for an electorate that largely doesn't like to take medicine. And a lot of people have apathetically ignored the atrocities of a few people in power that hijacked the Republican party and hijacked the country. The trouble is, people are so misinformed (much blame is due to a corrupt media), they are not even fully aware of how badly they need to take this medicine Ron Paul is offering, they don't realize how desperately the country needs to be repaired before the damage is permanent economically and governmentally.

luckystars
11-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Well I get that, in my mind Ron Paul is not the leader. He is the one to cut off the heads of the Hydra. Let me tell you how hard it is to convert these people, it goes against everything they have ever held in their hearts. I have the balls to face the truth because I have a revolutionary soul and truth is all their is for me. Im just sayin that its a tough pill to swallow for that crowd which you need to win. I heard from Wisconsin today that liberals are saying Ron Paul is the guy to support.
Strange bedfellows for sure.
They divided us so we could not do this, just sayin its not easy.

Sandy
11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
The difficulty is this:

Ron Paul's message is tough medicine for an electorate that largely doesn't like to take medicine. And a lot of people have apathetically ignored the atrocities of a few people in power that hijacked the Republican party and hijacked the country. The trouble is, people are so misinformed (much blame is due to a corrupt media), they are not even fully aware of how badly they need to take this medicine Ron Paul is offering, they don't realize how desperately the country needs to be repaired before the damage is permanent economically and governmentally.

Yes, and plenty of people have believed the utterly ridiculous propaganda that one side is good, and one side is evil. Both sides are basically corrupt, except for a few exceptions. When the Democrats took majority the ratings of Congress continued to plunge, and are now at the lowest rating in history. So why do these people mentioned rightfully distrust the Rep party and not the Dem? When the incumbent Prez is really disliked, people think voting for the other party is the answer. History is repeating itself, and people are thinking collectively and putting everyone in the Republican party in a box as if they are all the same chocolates.

The question to ask is: Why are those liberal Democrats being exclusive and putting all Republicans into one box and not looking at them as individuals?

Also, there are plenty of liberal minded people on this board, it's not dominated by conservatives, but seems to be a big mix of people. There is naturally going to be disagreements and differences in beliefs and opinions.

klamath
11-29-2007, 08:28 PM
The trouble is RP is a hard sell to both the average Democrats and Republicans. There is one wild mix of charactors in this campaign. It took me awhile to get used to the idea that I was now standing shoulder with liberal pot smoking democrats. As time goes by you become fond of the charactors standing next to you. It is very much like comrades at arms in a battle. You must learn to trust that man or women next to you.

Just read the thread about not being hard on Bush and you will get the idea that this place isn't just partisan Republicans.

OptionsTrader
11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Totally agree with the previous 2 posts.

I do not even consider myself a Republican or Democrat. I think most people that are truly concerned about the direction the nation is heading understand that those labels are absolutely meaningless except to those that wish to divide us.

I think it is truly remarkable and powerful how Ron Paul can get so many people of different political histories to align for the common defense of what it means to be patriotic and defend the liberty of the people of the Republic of the United States of America.

PatriotOne
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
For me, I was always an Independant who never really took much notice of a parties platform, I took some notice on their words. It was only when Ron Paul came along did I realize I more closely matched the description of a Libertarian. It took exposure to that platform for me to even realize there was a name to describe me...LOL.

I suspect this might be true of many people. We've only been spoon fed two choices for the most part...who knew we had other choices on the menu unless your a political junkie?

luckystars
11-29-2007, 09:16 PM
I think it is truly remarkable and powerful how Ron Paul can get so many people of different political histories to align for the common defense of what it means to be patriotic and defend the liberty of the people of the Republic of the United States of America.

Its not hard they have destroyed our county, we can only hope to pick up the scraps that are left. Most people are only somewhat aware of the economic crisis that is about to unfold. We have become a beggar nation sold on the auction block to the highest bidder. Was it engineered? You bectha.

They are finally waking up and soon to be....desperate.

Doriath
11-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately, there's just not much of a constituency for small gov't these days. Big gov't is like a addictive drug, and like any junkie the American public at large is going to have to hit rock bottom before they'll give it up.

lucius
11-29-2007, 09:43 PM

They are finally waking up and soon to be....desperate.

QFT