PDA

View Full Version : Legalized medicinal pot has new supporter: Harry Reid

CaseyJones
01-16-2014, 08:50 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/jan/16/legalizing-medicinal-marijuana/

Several Nevada municipalities are issuing moratoriums on medical marijuana dispensaries, but Harry Reid really thinks they should be moving in the opposite direction – toward making medicinal pot legal.

“If you’d asked me this question a dozen years ago, it would have been easy to answer – I would have said no, because (marijuana) leads to other stuff,” the Senate majority leader told the Sun today. “But I can’t say that anymore.”

“I think we need to take a real close look at this,” Reid went on. “I think that there’s some medical reasons for marijuana.”

Reid, who is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is not one who normally rushes to embrace controversial substances.

“I’ve never tried it,” he initially joked, when the topic of marijuana was raised in today’s interview.

HOLLYWOOD
01-16-2014, 08:55 PM
POPULIST PRICK... knows the polling in Nevada is now a majority and will pass legalization in 2015 when it's back on the ballot. That conniving clown doesn't make a move with the public, without a well surveyed and executed plan.

Harry Reid is a Fuckin scumbag.

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 09:04 PM
i smell a flip-flop a comin'....

Natural Citizen
01-16-2014, 09:12 PM
“They realize they are going to suffer the fate of the people who ran the bureau of prohibition [of alcohol] in the ‘20s and ‘30s, and that must be a little demoralizing,” Nadelman said. “So they are trying to justify their life’s work.”

And this phenomenon we'll see happen broadly in other areas where the "life's work" of various people performing the handywork of establishment principles has dictated policy. Specifically in the field of the sciences and politics but that's for another day.

Anyhoo... DEA admits marijuana legalization 'scares us' (http://rt.com/usa/dea-against-marijuana-legalization-734/)

Origanalist
01-16-2014, 09:17 PM
POPULIST PRICK... knows the polling in Nevada is now a majority and will pass legalization in 2015 when it's back on the ballot. That conniving clown doesn't make a move with the public, without a well surveyed and executed plan.

Harry Reid is a Fuckin scumbag.

He may be a complete prick, but he can feel political wind.