PDA

View Full Version : America’s Police State: Worse than Communist North Korea?

Anti Federalist
01-16-2014, 05:05 PM
America’s Police State: Worse than Communist North Korea?

William Norman Grigg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/americas-police-state-worse-than-communist-north-korea/

If Kelly Thomas had lived in Communist North Korea, rather than conservative Orange County, California, he might have survived his encounter with the police.

Two days ago, a jury in Orange County, acquitted the two police officers who led the fatal gang-beating of Thomas, an unarmed, mentally troubled homeless man.

The jurors acted on the assumption that the lethal violence was justified because the victim tried to defend himself after the police began their assault.

American police taught to treat any act of non-compliance as “resisting arrest,” a supposed offense that justifies the use of pain compliance and – in cases like that of Kelly Thomas – lethal force, if it is necessary to subdue the victim. In fact, most police who go “hands-on” with a victim will pre-emptively shout “Stop resisting!” even when no resistance is offered. Any incidental contact with the sanctified person of a police officer is treated as criminal battery or even aggravated assault.

Interestingly, this doesn’t appear to be the case in North Korea.

Last night (January 14), the PBS program Frontline aired a documentary entitled The Secret State of North Korea that drew heavily from footage collected by a group of underground videographers. Among the scenes captured in that documentary are two encounters between women and soldiers acting as police officers. (The Communist government in North Korea, unlike the proto-totalitarian US regime, doesn’t cling to the fiction that the military and police are separate entities.)

In the first confrontation, a woman running a private bus service is accosted by a soldier who attempts to issue a citation. She is angrily and openly defiant of the uniformed bully’s “authority”; at one point, she actually shoves him several times and treats him to a well-earned outpouring of verbal abuse before turning back to her work. The second incident involved a woman who refused to accept a citation for wearing pants in defiance of a mandatory dress code.

If these incidents had occurred in the United States, the women would have been beaten, tasered, and — quite possibly — killed. The onlookers who had recorded the encounters on video would probably have been arrested for “obstruction,” and their cameras would have been confiscated on the scene.

“Often now when North Koreans are challenged for infringing a certain law, as long as the offense is not political, they won’t hesitate to protest if they believe the law to be irrational,” explains Jiro Isimaru, the Japanese journalist who organized the underground videographer network. This is in stark contrast with the common perception that North Koreans have been “brainwashed” into docile conformity and reflexive submission.

That isn’t true, apparently, of a growing segment of the population suffering under Communist rule in North Korea.

It is emphatically true, tragically, of too many citizens of the purported Land of the Free.

aGameOfThrones
01-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Up is down

WM_in_MO
01-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the police state, your first beating will be administered by________.

Fuck you and enjoy your stay.

KCIndy
01-16-2014, 07:00 PM
“Often now when North Koreans are challenged for infringing a certain law, as long as the offense is not political, they won’t hesitate to protest if they believe the law to be irrational,” explains Jiro Isimaru, the Japanese journalist who organized the underground videographer network. This is in stark contrast with the common perception that North Koreans have been “brainwashed” into docile conformity and reflexive submission.

I'm guessing what I highlighted above is the key phrase. In North Korea the Enforcers are just one more group of minions. Here they are glorified by the state and held up as "heroes" and afforded special status.

On the other hand, in the U.S. we can generally get by with stuff like this:

HEY NSA! OBAMA AND BOEHNER AND REID AND GRAHAM ARE ALL INBRED ASSHOLES!

Try saying that about Kim Jong-Un while in North Korea. :D

dillo
01-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Its better, thats the point. We are just comfortable enough to not revolt and but not dumb enough to know were not getting fucked.

Grubb556
01-16-2014, 09:10 PM
I know China isn't exactly a free state, but in China the road builders can't just take your home.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/22/article-2236746-1628CC77000005DC-552_964x637.jpg

ZENemy
01-16-2014, 09:20 PM
I know China isn't exactly a free state, but in China the road builders can't just take your home.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/22/article-2236746-1628CC77000005DC-552_964x637.jpg

lol

Origanalist
01-16-2014, 09:37 PM
It's worse for me, I don't live in North Korea.

Occam's Banana
01-17-2014, 09:19 PM

Try saying that about Kim Jong-Un while in North Korea. :D

They're working on it. "Free speech zones," Joint DHS/SPLC watch lists, etc., etc. Just give 'em time.

In North Korea the Enforcers are just one more group of minions. Here they are glorified by the state and held up as "heroes" and afforded special status.

Which will make it even easier when the Kim Jong-Uns over here eventually decide to go full Nazi ...

Spikender
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Excellent timing on this, I actually saw this on PBS and decided to catch some snippets of it, and I saw the portion where the woman was shoving that soldier.

I have to say... I instantly thought about what would've happened if that was in America.

And my thoughts honestly horrified me. When you can get charged for assault in America after the police beat you down, and when in the supposed worse-off North Korea, you can get away with shoving soldiers and telling them to fuck off when they try to write you a citation...

The world truly is upside down. America is not becoming anything, we are a police state, plain and simple. People refuse to see it because they accept the petty tyrannies and when others get the beat down, they say it's justified and that the police are heroes.

Fuck em.

JK/SEA
01-17-2014, 09:48 PM
maybe we can have some kind of President exchange program.....

Spikender
01-17-2014, 09:50 PM
maybe we can have some kind of President exchange program.....

With Dennis Rodman as Vice.

JK/SEA
01-17-2014, 09:52 PM
With Dennis Rodman as Vice.

no...we eliminate the VP position. It complicates things.

phill4paul
01-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Excellent timing on this, I actually saw this on PBS and decided to catch some snippets of it, and I saw the portion where the woman was shoving that soldier.

I have to say... I instantly thought about what would've happened if that was in America.

And my thoughts honestly horrified me. When you can get charged for assault in America after the police beat you down, and when in the supposed worse-off North Korea, you can get away with shoving soldiers and telling them to fuck off when they try to write you a citation...

The world truly is upside down. America is not becoming anything, we are a police state, plain and simple. People refuse to see it because they accept the petty tyrannies and when others get the beat down, they say it's justified and that the police are heroes.

Fuck em.

"Assault on an officer" and "resisting arrest."

Two things that RPF's "law and order" crowd masturbate over. These two charges are all that is needed to condemn those accused.

Spikender
01-17-2014, 10:04 PM

Two things that RPF's "law and order" crowd masturbate over. These two charges are all that is needed to condemn those accused.

Even better when I've seen cases where resisting arrest is the only charge. Because that makes perfect sense, right?

How in the blue hell can resisting arrest be the only charge? I know this has been discussed on here before, at least I think so, but that has always baffled me as to why there isn't more outrage over something as simple as this. Essentially there was no reason to arrest them, but since they resisted an unlawful arrest, they were charged for it.

Fucking joke. And most assaults on an officer are actually less severe than that woman who shoved that North Korean soldier. Reminds me of that video of that black cop telling a woman if her bubble that she was blowing touched him, he could charge her for assaulting a police officer.

Scrapmo
01-17-2014, 10:04 PM

Two things that RPF's "law and order" crowd masturbate over.

At least it's a very small circle jerk. Noisy though.

Scrapmo
01-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Even better when I've seen cases where resisting arrest is the only charge. Because that makes perfect sense, right?

How in the blue hell can resisting arrest be the only charge? I know this has been discussed on here before, at least I think so, but that has always baffled me as to why there isn't more outrage over something as simple as this. Essentially there was no reason to arrest them, but since they resisted an unlawful arrest, they were charged for it.

Fucking joke. And most assaults on an officer are actually less severe than that woman who shoved that North Korean soldier. Reminds me of that video of that black cop telling a woman if her bubble that she was blowing touched him, he could charge her for assaulting a police officer.

It's your duty as a freedom loving American to be willing to be arrested, even if you aren't being charged with anything. Don't make the jobs of our heros any harder. They have family to terrorize when they get home, DAMMIT.

Spikender
01-17-2014, 10:19 PM
It's your duty as a freedom loving American to be willing to be arrested, even if you aren't being charged with anything. Don't make the jobs of our heros any harder. They have family to terrorize when they get home, DAMMIT.

I love me some freedom, but...

I never thought it would taste like dog hair and the bottom of a combat boot.

Scrapmo
01-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Lol, outta rep.

phill4paul
01-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Fucking joke.

Yukfest........

http://gifs.gifbin.com/347774515.gif

phill4paul
01-17-2014, 10:37 PM
At least it's a very small circle jerk. Noisy though.

Big or small. F*ck being the pivot man.

Philhelm
01-18-2014, 12:50 AM
I'd imagine that at least in North Korea, the fucktards don't run around puffing their chests about how free they are.

KCIndy
01-18-2014, 12:58 AM

Lol, outta rep.

Covered it for ya!

KCIndy
01-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by KCIndy

Try saying that about Kim Jong-Un while in North Korea.

They're working on it. "Free speech zones," Joint DHS/SPLC watch lists, etc., etc. Just give 'em time.

Originally Posted by KCIndy
In North Korea the Enforcers are just one more group of minions. Here they are glorified by the state and held up as "heroes" and afforded special status.

Which will make it even easier when the Kim Jong-Uns over here eventually decide to go full Nazi ...

You're 100% right on both counts, I sure not going to deny it.... you are absolutely correct.

But oh, for the love of freedom, how I wish you weren't. :(

DamianTV
01-18-2014, 03:25 AM
We are on a path that will put North Korea to fucking shame. I'd say "give the State the time it needs to metasticize into a full blown Cancer", but the risk of that is already too high and exactly what is at stake. Our opportunity to restore Freedom and Liberty rests upon a razors edge. Stray but a little and hope will be lost. We've already outdone 1984. We've outdone Germany. We've outdone the USSR. We've blown China out of the water with our levels of Tyranny. North Korea will barely be a challenge. In the future, new Tyrannies will arise from the ashes of Freedom and Liberty. Unfortunately, there will be those who will aspire to achieve levels of Tyranny exceeding even what has come and will come to the US already. The actions of the men who pull the strings of our Puppet Leaders are enabling Communism and Tyranny to not only survive but thrive on the backs of the innocent indefinitely.

Tyranny must stop with us.

JK/SEA
01-18-2014, 08:53 AM
We are on a path that will put North Korea to fucking shame. I'd say "give the State the time it needs to metasticize into a full blown Cancer", but the risk of that is already too high and exactly what is at stake. Our opportunity to restore Freedom and Liberty rests upon a razors edge. Stray but a little and hope will be lost. We've already outdone 1984. We've outdone Germany. We've outdone the USSR. We've blown China out of the water with our levels of Tyranny. North Korea will barely be a challenge. In the future, new Tyrannies will arise from the ashes of Freedom and Liberty. Unfortunately, there will be those who will aspire to achieve levels of Tyranny exceeding even what has come and will come to the US already. The actions of the men who pull the strings of our Puppet Leaders are enabling Communism and Tyranny to not only survive but thrive on the backs of the innocent indefinitely.

Tyranny must stop with us.

''Tyranny must stop with us.''

Thats one reason i come in here. This place is literally my 'ear to the ground' spot. Keeps me somewhat in tune to the shit going down.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2014, 03:59 PM
////