PDA

View Full Version : MUST SEE Glenn Beck Covers Fed Gold Scam

nbruno322
01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm not a fan generally and I don't think he is "coming around" but this is well worth a watch IMO.

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=31293951

tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RLhpkaIC7g

dannno
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
His gold scam or the big one?

Occam's Banana
01-16-2014, 12:50 PM
"must see" and "Glenn Beck" are concepts that I find impossible to reconcile ...

nbruno322
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
"must see" and "Glenn Beck" are concepts that I find impossible to reconcile ...

Normally I would totally agree. But I gotta say he does a good job explaining the gold leasing/rehypothecation stuff.

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow! They melted down gold all of Germany's audited and stamped gold bricks?!

AuH20
01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm not a fan generally and I don't think he is "coming around" but this is well worth a watch IMO.

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=31293951

Pretty shady how their the German gold was melted down and recast for "storage" reasons. Gold bars are cast in a standard uniform size last I checked. They are definitely up to no good.

Travlyr
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM

The theft is right out in the open now. 2014 is shaping up to be a very interesting year.

ZENemy
01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
This video is worth watching.

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Do any coin dealers or collectors regularly do a full analysis of US Gold Eagle coins? Purity and weight? If they are legit, one could surmise that a lot of that stored gold was sold as Gold Eagles...

jct74
01-16-2014, 01:21 PM
here's a tube

ClydeCoulter
01-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Do any coin dealers or collectors regularly do a full analysis of US Gold Eagle coins? Purity and weight? If they are legit, one could surmise that a lot of that stored gold was sold as Gold Eagles...

And, if the world wants their gold, where will they get it from?

The thing is, this will end with us losing, not them. Not one big head will be chopped, only the mundane.

edit: Will the USofA be a byword like "Nazi Germany" in the not so distant future? "Off with his head, he's like an 'American'!"

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2014, 01:45 PM
A couple of stories:

We met yesterday with an individual that was interested in selling a Canadian gold maple leaf coin. Canadian gold maple leafs are among the most common coins that we purchase, so we didn’t expect this transaction to be much different than any other. However, we were surprised when we were presented with a counterfeit gold coin. This, in fact, is the first fake Canadian gold maple leaf coin that we’ve seen. More commonly counterfeited gold coins are Chinese gold pandas, $20 Liberty Head gold coins and St. Gaudens gold coins.

http://www.coinweek.com/counterfeits/avoid-becoming-victim-fake-gold-coin/

Counterfeit 2011 American Eagle silver bullion coins have been appearing in the market in Canada. The fake coins bear no silver. Arrows on this fake example point out major diagnostic points, explained in the article and on later images.

A counterfeit 2011 American Eagle silver bullion coin recently passed as genuine at a coin shop in Toronto contains no silver, but does contain a trace amount of gold in its composition.

Andrew Greenham from Forest City Coins in London, Ontario, Canada, obtained the counterfeit from a second Toronto dealer who had acquired 10 examples from yet a third, unidentified, Toronto dealer, who was duped into purchasing the pieces from an unidentified seller, as genuine silver Eagles.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=4226370308G10020

nbruno322
01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
here's a tube

Thanks for the tube link.

HOLLYWOOD
01-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Why was Germany's Gold Bars melted down at all? And why couldn't that wait until the bars arrived in Frankfurt?
journalist Lars Schall

I'd like to know, why Germans couldn't go to the New York FED and audit their OWN GOLD and match the serial numbers/stamps, etc?

I'm sure the PONZI/PYRAMID scheming FEDERAL RESERVE had a meeting with Washington DC leaders, have it explained to Germany, "If you push this issue, we'll destroy your businesses based in the U.S. and stop all the welfare we provide in Military/Economic DOD expenditures in your nation, etc. You'll take it as we give it, or else."

NSA has to spy on every Ally nation's leadership and government to see if cracks in the Central Banking CONGAME walls, which expose the rigged game of the Money Masters.

Let's lay this out in Layman's Terms for Boobus... here's an entertaining 3 minutes to understanding 'THE FED GAME'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPX_PMC_WGE

willwash
01-16-2014, 03:35 PM
truly petrifying.

Madison320
01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
His gold scam or the big one?

Ha! That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title!

On the other hand it is a pretty amazing story, even though I heard about it a while ago. I'd sure like to have more details but it's almost impossible to get facts about this story.

Matt Collins
01-16-2014, 04:39 PM
I have to hand it to Glenn Beck, he really "gets it" on this issue. Send that video to all of your tea party friends and it will help them to understand the Fed a lot better.

Matt Collins
01-16-2014, 04:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMHxZD5qrvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtf5s2HFkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrzGcopSY9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQkJl_I--Vc

Cap
01-16-2014, 07:32 PM
I wonder if Zippy has a comment.

HOLLYWOOD
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrzGcopSY9c

@9:05 "...And once you melt it(GLD) down, it's untraceable." LOL! Oh boy, what a coincidence... :rolleyes:

LibForestPaul
01-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Only way to get tungsten out of the bars I suppose.:D

Dr.3D
01-16-2014, 08:45 PM
I'd like to know, why Germans couldn't go to the New York FED and audit their OWN GOLD and match the serial numbers/stamps, etc?

I thought they had been told by the FED that their gold had been melted down and recast. If that is the case, then there are no serial numbers/stamps, etc.

mosquitobite
01-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Whatever happened to the white hats?

brushfire
01-16-2014, 10:25 PM
You'll shoot your eye out, glenn....

http://www.ohiocitywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ralphie-a-christmas-story.jpg

oyarde
01-17-2014, 12:26 AM

I do not buy those , but no , my guy does not test them , if someone orders them , he makes a phone call , gets them , they pick them up....

oyarde
01-17-2014, 12:29 AM

I'm sure the PONZI/PYRAMID scheming FEDERAL RESERVE had a meeting with Washington DC leaders, have it explained to Germany, "If you push this issue, we'll destroy your businesses based in the U.S. and stop all the welfare we provide in Military/Economic DOD expenditures in your nation, etc. You'll take it as we give it, or else."

NSA has to spy on every Ally nation's leadership and government to see if cracks in the Central Banking CONGAME walls, which expose the rigged game of the Money Masters.

Let's lay this out in Layman's Terms for Boobus... here's an entertaining 3 minutes to understanding 'THE FED GAME'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPX_PMC_WGE

LOL , Ahh , yes Sgt Bilko. I have meet him .

oyarde
01-17-2014, 12:31 AM
I wonder if Zippy has a comment.

Who do you think has it ? , LOL

Spikender
01-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Barring the fact that I heavily dislike Glenn Beck and whatever else I hold against him, that was a great video that explains just one part of the corruption of the Fed as well as the Global Scam that bankers world wide are pulling quite well. Kudos to him.

oyarde
01-17-2014, 01:02 AM
A couple of stories:

Strange , first ones I ever ran across were in the 90's , Kruggerands .

belian78
01-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Glenn is giving people just enough information to hurt themselves. I only watched half of that and had to turn it off, he isn't explaining the mechanisms of the FED and centralized banking correctly at all. He isn't explaining fractional reserve banking, and what that entails, which would give a better understanding of why the gold isn't 'just sitting in the FED's basement'. I consider myself pretty competent when it comes to fiat money and central banking, and Glenn was confusing me at times, what is this going to do to the average Blaze subscriber? Sure, they'll know the FED is bad and the economy is bad, but they aren't going to know exactly WHY and HOW it got that way. So when the USD does fall, they won't be any wiser when TPTB says 'hey we have this new international currency here, it will solve all our problems cause we won't have to worry about trading currencies between nations, yay!!'

Matt Collins
01-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Glenn is giving people just enough information to hurt themselves. I only watched half of that and had to turn it off, he isn't explaining the mechanisms of the FED and centralized banking correctly at all. He isn't explaining fractional reserve banking, and what that entails, which would give a better understanding of why the gold isn't 'just sitting in the FED's basement'. Well if you had watched the whole thing you would've known that he did in fact explain that :rolleyes:

belian78
01-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Ok, so started again to make oh so superior Matt Collins feel better. First off, the analogy with the wedding ring is utter rubbish and is nowhere near an accurate comparison. When you deposit something in a safety deposit box, you are stowing it away for safe keeping. It is not added to the bottom line of banks to borrow/lend against, at least not to my knowledge.

Second, the analogy about the houses was maybe a little better, but still not good. You don't deposit a house, and other banks don't sell your house to other banks and so on. You put up your house for collateral, which then the bank uses as an asset on their balance books, allowing them to lend out even more or borrow against. When that bank that holds your house as collateral borrows from another bank, the value of your house is lumped in with the value of all the borrowing banks other items it has on hold as collateral. That full amount of value is then added to the loaning banks balance sheets for the whole process to multiply and continue. So, this house analogy is closer, but like I said still rubbish.

Then he goes on to talk about how he thinks the folks at the central banks are all skimming the physical gold for themselves, and uses the quarter and Indiana Jones as analogies. All he has to do is explain fractional reserve banking and what that means, and no other explanation would be necessary, and everyone would know WHY fiat currency/fractional reserve banking/central banking is and will always be broken. But he doesn't do that, he plays P.T. Barnum to get ooooh's and aaahhhh's out of people, leaving them a bit more informed on the bad going on, but no knowledge of WHY and HOW it's bad. So when an international central bank is proposed, people will be ok with it, because in their eyes the shell game will be gone at that point.

The entirety of this episode is summed up and better presented, factually, in the first 10 min clip of 'money as debt'.

belian78
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I post this on FB every couple months, it explains things in simple ways and IMO is much more effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

Zippyjuan
01-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Pretty shady how their the German gold was melted down and recast for "storage" reasons. Gold bars are cast in a standard uniform size last I checked. They are definitely up to no good.

Actually the gold is of slightly different sizes. If they are now of the same size, that might suggest re-melting and casting of them. Purity also varies. To check a bar, it is weighed to the fraction of a gram and then a hole is drilled to extract some gold to test for its purity content. This of course changes the weight so a new weight must be noted.

http://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/goldvault.html

None of the gold stored in the vault belongs to the New York Fed or the Federal Reserve System. The New York Fed acts as the guardian and custodian of the gold on behalf of account holders, which include the U.S. government, foreign governments, other central banks, and official international organizations. No individuals or private sector entities are permitted to store gold in the vault.

The Fed can't do "gold swaps" because they don't own any gold. When they make loans, they do require collateral so a bank could offer gold as that collateral though (usually they use securities).

Much of the gold in the vault arrived during and after World War II as many countries wanted to store their gold reserves in a safe location. Holdings in the gold vault continued to increase and peaked in 1973, shortly after the United States suspended convertibility of dollars into gold for foreign governments. At its peak, the vault contained over 12,000 tons of monetary gold. Since that time, gold deposit and withdrawal activity has slowed and the vault has experienced a gradual but steady decline in overall holdings. However, the vault today remains the world’s largest known depository of monetary gold.

As of 2012, the vault housed approximately 530,000 gold bars, with a combined weight of approximately 6,700 tons. The vault is able to support this weight because it rests on the bedrock of Manhattan Island, 80 feet below street level and 50 feet below sea level.

Gold bars are transported by elevator from street level to the vault’s basement location. Once inside the vault the bars become the responsibility of a control group consisting of three representatives: two members of the New York Fed gold vault staff and one member from the New York Fed internal audit staff. These three individuals must be present whenever gold is moved or a compartment is opened in the vault—even to change a light bulb. This helps ensure proper safekeeping and maximum security for the gold.

All bars brought into the vault for deposit are carefully weighed, and the refiner and fineness (purity) markings on the bars are inspected to ensure they agree with the depositor instructions and recorded in the New York Fed’s records. This step is vital because the New York Fed returns the exact bars deposited by the account holder upon withdrawal—gold deposits are not considered fungible.

Following the verification process, the gold is moved to one of the vault’s 122 compartments, where each compartment contains gold held by a single account holder (meaning that gold is not commingled between account holders). In rare cases, small deposits are placed on separately numbered spaces on shelves in a “library” compartment shared by several account holders. Each compartment is secured by a padlock, two combination locks and an auditor’s seal. Compartments are numbered rather than named to maintain confidentiality of the account holders.

The New York Fed charges account holders a handling fee for gold transactions, including when gold enters or leaves the vault or ownership transfers (moves between compartments), but otherwise does not charge fees for gold storage.

While gold bars are mostly uniform, there are subtle differences that can signify, among other unique characteristics, when and where a bar was cast.

Before 1986, bars cast in the United States generally were rectangular bricks. Currently, however, bars cast in the United States conform to the long-standing international standard for most bars cast overseas, which are trapezoidal in shape. For bars cast in the United States under the pre-1986 standard, a bar’s shape can also indicate where it was cast. Bars from the Denver Assay Office have rounded sides; bars from the San Francisco Assay Office have rounded corners; and bars from the New York Assay Office have square edges. Markings on the bar also reveal information about its production. For example, a set of numbers on the bar often identifies its melt—the molten gold from which a bar is made—while another set indicates its fineness or purity. A stamped seal of a refiner often identifies where the gold was cast.

Surprisingly, gold bars are not 100 percent pure gold. If they were 100 percent pure, the bars would be too malleable to preserve their shape. This would render them difficult to store or move. Therefore, each bar contains a small amount of at least one other metal, such as copper, silver or platinum. Tinges of color can indicate the type of alloy, however modest, from which a particular bar is composed. For instance, traces of silver and platinum give the gold a whitish shade, copper is most often found in reddish bars, and iron produces a greenish hue.

The market value of a gold bar depends on its weight, purity level, and the prevailing market price for gold. Rather than market pricing which fluctuates daily, the New York Fed uses the United States official book value of $42.2222 per troy ounce for gold holdings.

Other than storing the gold, the Fed really has nothing to do with it.

Occam's Banana
01-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Ok, so started again to make oh so superior Matt Collins feel better. First off, the analogy with the wedding ring is utter rubbish and is nowhere near an accurate comparison. When you deposit something in a safety deposit box, you are stowing it away for safe keeping. It is not added to the bottom line of banks to borrow/lend against, at least not to my knowledge.

Second, the analogy about the houses was maybe a little better, but still not good. You don't deposit a house, and other banks don't sell your house to other banks and so on. You put up your house for collateral, which then the bank uses as an asset on their balance books, allowing them to lend out even more or borrow against. When that bank that holds your house as collateral borrows from another bank, the value of your house is lumped in with the value of all the borrowing banks other items it has on hold as collateral. That full amount of value is then added to the loaning banks balance sheets for the whole process to multiply and continue. So, this house analogy is closer, but like I said still rubbish.

Then he goes on to talk about how he thinks the folks at the central banks are all skimming the physical gold for themselves, and uses the quarter and Indiana Jones as analogies. All he has to do is explain fractional reserve banking and what that means, and no other explanation would be necessary, and everyone would know WHY fiat currency/fractional reserve banking/central banking is and will always be broken. But he doesn't do that, he plays P.T. Barnum to get ooooh's and aaahhhh's out of people, leaving them a bit more informed on the bad going on, but no knowledge of WHY and HOW it's bad. So when an international central bank is proposed, people will be ok with it, because in their eyes the shell game will be gone at that point.

The entirety of this episode is summed up and better presented, factually, in the first 10 min clip of 'money as debt'.

To be fair to Beck (and yeah, I know, I know ;)), I don't think he's trying to explain why the Federal Reserves system is "bad" per se or in general. He's trying to ring alarm bells on the specific issue of what, exactly, the Fed has done with respect to the actual, physical gold deposited with the Fed. In other words, he's not trying to say, "The Federal Reserve system is a bad thing, and here's why" - he's trying to say, "Here is one particular very bad thing the Fed has done, and here's how they're doing it."

I think his presentation of the problem wasn't very good and could have been a LOT clearer, tighter and "to the point." But I won't bitch about him trying ...

Brian4Liberty
01-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Are there any others sources for the story that Germany is receiving recast gold?

jct74
01-19-2014, 01:18 PM
posted on ZeroHedge this morning

Germany Has Recovered A Paltry 5 Tons Of Gold From The NY Fed After One Year

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/19/2014 13:35 -0500

On December 24, we posted an update on Germany's gold repatriation process: a year after the Bundesbank announced its stunning decision, driven by Zero Hedge revelations, to repatriate 674 tons of gold from the New York Fed and the French Central Bank, it had managed to transfer a paltry 37 tons. This amount represents just 5% of the stated target, and was well below the 84 tons that the Bundesbank would need to transport each year to collect the 674 tons ratably over the 8 year interval between 2013 and 2020. The release of these numbers promptly angered Germans, and led to the rise of numerous allegations that the reason why the transfer is taking so long is that the gold simply is not in the possession of the offshore custodians, having been leased, or worse, sold without any formal or informal announcement. However, what will certainly not help mute "conspiracy theorists" is today's update from today's edition of Die Welt, in which we learn that only a tiny 5 tons of gold were sent from the NY Fed. The rest came from Paris.

As Welt states, "Konnten die Amerikaner nicht mehr liefern, weil sie die bei der Federal Reserve of New York eingelagerten gut 1500 Tonnen längst verscherbelt haben?" Or, in English, did the US sell Germany's gold? Maybe. The official explanation was as follows: "The Bundesbank explained [the low amount of US gold] by saying that the transports from Paris are simpler and therefore were able to start quickly." Additionally, the Bundesbank had the "support" of the BIS "which has organized more gold shifts already for other central banks and has appropriate experience - only after months of preparation and safety could transports start with truck and plane." That would be the same BIS that in 2011 lent out a record 632 tons of gold...

Going back to the main explanation, we wonder: how exactly is a gold transport "simpler" because it originates in Paris and not in New York? Or does the NY Fed gold travel by car along the bottom of the Atlantic, and is French gold transported by a Vespa scooter out of the country?

Supposedly, there was another reason: "The bullion stored in Paris already has the elongated shape with beveled edges of the "London Good Delivery" standard. The bars in the basement of the Fed on the other hand have a previously common form. They will need to be remelted [to LGD standard]. And the capacity of smelters are just limited."

read more:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-19/germany-has-recovered-paltry-5-tons-gold-ny-fed-after-one-year

jct74
01-19-2014, 01:30 PM
also on ZeroHedge today

Physical Gold Shortage Goes Mainstream

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/18/2014 23:18 -0500

While the topic of rehypothecation and the shortage of physical gold is well covered here at Zero Hedge (and the ever-changing COMEX gold vaults' inventories), it appears the concept of the exploding "leverage" or default risk of the COMEX has now hit the mainstream media. As BNN reports, veteran trader Tres Knippa, pointing to recent futures data, says "there may not be enough gold to go around if everyone with a futures contract insists on taking delivery of physical bullion." As he goes on to explain to a disquieted anchor, "the underlying story here is that the people acquiring physical gold continue to do that. And that’s what is important," noting large investors like hedge fund manager Kyle Bass are taking delivery of the gold they're buying. Knippa's parting advice, buy physical gold; avoid paper.

One of the problems...

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2014/01/120140118_gold.jpg

read more:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-18/physical-gold-shortage-goes-mainstream

Warlord
01-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Nice find jct

nbruno322
01-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Also a must read:

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/01/17/hows-whys-gold-price-manipulation/

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2014, 03:34 PM

The "bad delivery" occured even as official gold refiners had warned that the quality of gold emanating from the US Assay Office was consistently below standard, and which both the BOE and the Fed were aware of. Instead of addressing the issue of declining gold quality and purity, the banks merely covered up the refiners' complaints...
To summarize: Bank of England discovers discrepancies with US Assay Office gold bars, notifies the NY Fed that its gold bars have major "bad delivery" issues, but, and this is the punchline, on this occasion, we'll keep it quiet, because the Bundesbank got these bars.
...there is no way to check what the real gold consistency of these gold bars is, and whether the refiners found ongoing future inconsistencies with "good delivery" standards of bars handed off to other "non-core" central banks. And, yes, without further evidence the above is merely speculation.

In light of the above facts and evidence, one can see why the Buba is doing all in its power to avoid the spotlight being shone on the purity of its gold inventory...

read more:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-19/germany-has-recovered-paltry-5-tons-gold-ny-fed-after-one-year

Well, that article made my original question even more relevant... is anybody melting down US Mint issued Gold Eagles and assaying them? Or are gold plated tungsten disks being sold?

Zippyjuan
01-20-2014, 12:43 PM

Going back to the main explanation, we wonder: how exactly is a gold transport "simpler" because it originates in Paris and not in New York? Or does the NY Fed gold travel by car along the bottom of the Atlantic, and is French gold transported by a Vespa scooter out of the country?

read more:

Germany had announced that it intended to repatriate all their gold (300 tonnes or so) from France as well as about 300 tonnes from the US (out of some 800 tonnes there). The gold from Paris was not the gold from the US being sent to Germany via Paris. It is simpler to ship the gold from Paris since the travel distance is shorter and can use trucks or trains while gold coming from the US has to use either ocean ships or airliners in addition to trucks or trains.

oyarde
01-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Well, that article made my original question even more relevant... is anybody melting down US Mint issued Gold Eagles and assaying them? Or are gold plated tungsten disks being sold?

I do testing on anything I buy , but I buy no modern US gold. I just get all the various acids from the guy at my local pawn shop.

Zippyjuan
01-20-2014, 01:20 PM
If they are not sealed in something, the sound can tell you if you have a tungsten core vs solid gold. They will "ring" differently when dropped on a surface. (If you are buying from the mint directly or a dealer, they are not likely to be tungsten). I have not heard of any gold coins being found with tungsten cores.

qh4dotcom
01-20-2014, 01:47 PM

The Germans don't give a shit.....I don't hear them complaining....they should have demanded all their gold back when the US defaulted on their gold obligations and went off the gold standard in 1971....the NSA spies on Merkel and she doesn't give a shit

oyarde
01-21-2014, 12:16 AM
The Germans don't give a shit.....I don't hear them complaining....they should have demanded all their gold back when the US defaulted on their gold obligations and went off the gold standard in 1971....the NSA spies on Merkel and she doesn't give a shit

Yes , they should have asked for it back then .

AuH20
01-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Well if you had watched the whole thing you would've known that he did in fact explain that :rolleyes:

He's covered the Fed and it's questionable functions in depth previously. G. Edward Griffin appeared on his show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5LK-jihgk