PDA

View Full Version : CA-Remember that Asiana Airlines crash, the girl who was run over by a fire truck?

Anti Federalist
01-16-2014, 01:28 AM
We haven't got time for this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMyK2_xlqI#t=145

SFC Crash Firefighter Saw Girl Before Hitting Her

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/video-shows-aftermath-san-francisco-plane-crash-21544994

Video from the helmet camera of a firefighter responding to the crash landing of an Asiana Airlines flight in San Francisco shows at least one rescuer was aware someone was on the ground outside the aircraft and even warned a colleague. Yet two fire trucks subsequently ran over an injured passenger.

The video, first aired by CBS News on Tuesday, shows the girl, 16-year-old Ye Meng Yuan, lying in the grass before she was struck, according to an attorney for her family. A coroner concluded she was alive at the time and died when she was later hit by a fire truck.

In the video, a firefighter with a helmet camera tells the driver of a fire truck that there's a person in front of him. A fire truck-mounted camera shows a firefighter directing the truck away from the person.

What's not clear from the video is why rescuers didn't try to move or clearly mark the presence of the person on the ground during the chaotic aftermath of the July 6 crash at San Francisco International Airport.

Mani
01-16-2014, 03:56 AM
How about helping her the fuck up? Carrying her to the truck? She's 16 and from the pics looks to weight nothing.

Sorry I don't know EMT protocol but something was pretty damn fucked up, if one guy is standing over a body and directing traffic away, then later one everyone forgets about the body and just runs over her...something is just fucked up. I had no sound so couldn't hear the explanation, so forgive me if it's answered in the audio.

Danke
01-16-2014, 05:29 AM
I'd be interested if first officer Sum Ting Wong has any thing to say about the incident.

Czolgosz
01-16-2014, 05:33 AM
"We need better training..."

Case closed.

*edit: Forgot to add, "These hero's risk their lives..."

Now, go away.

WM_in_MO
01-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Gross negligence at the least.

Occam's Banana
01-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Heroes. So there! Now just shut the hell up, you goddam ungrateful wretches ...

eduardo89
01-16-2014, 07:15 AM
So a plane crashes, you're a fire fighter on the scene. You see a 16-year old girl alive on the ground, instead of helping her you decide to direct traffic? Wtf?

moostraks
01-16-2014, 07:57 AM
So a plane crashes, you're a fire fighter on the scene. You see a 16-year old girl alive on the ground, instead of helping her you decide to direct traffic? Wtf?

It is because the responders lives are more important than the people they are supposed to be helping. There is no respect for life in our society, so she is considered a statistical condition. It was too much to be bothered with when the heroes lives were at risk. /sarc

Origanalist
01-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Survives plane crash, get's run over by her rescuers. Bad luck, that.

donnay
01-16-2014, 08:08 AM
It is really is disgusting the total disregard for human life that some people have anymore. We are descending much faster into the pit of hell--God help us.

Philhelm
01-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Fucking welfare queen firemen.

Origanalist
01-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Fucking welfare queen firemen.

Ungrateful twit, these hero's deserve every dollar of overtime and pension they get. We should be washing their cars and mowing their lawns and buying them breakfast every day.

pcosmar
01-16-2014, 08:19 AM
I want to hear from the defenders and deniers when this story first broke.

Come on,, speak up. :(

Occam's Banana
01-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Survives plane crash, get's run over by her rescuers.

Paging Douglas Adams ... paging Douglas Adams ...

Warlord
01-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Paging Frank/Zippy, etc

jmdrake
01-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Ummmm.....that makes no sense. I'm not a firefighter. I've just had basic first aid and CPR training. One think you learn is that if a victim is still in danger move the victim. If the victim is not in danger, keep them where they are until the "professionals" arrive. She clearly was in danger (Trucks were being routed around her) and the "professionals" were...where exactly? No way in hell this family doesn't collect on this. The city will probably try to settle. That doesn't bring the girl back though.

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2014, 11:22 AM
I want to hear from the defenders and deniers when this story first broke.

Come on,, speak up. :(

It's pretty obvious from the audio that everyone thought she was dead. The major error was that no one verified or helped her. After that, it appears the truck driver forgot, or determined that running over a dead body was no big deal.

Anti Federalist
01-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Heroes. So there! Now just shut the hell up, you goddam ungrateful wretches ...

These maggots don't understand the stress they are under.

DamianTV
01-16-2014, 04:13 PM
We dont have time to Protect and Serve the Public.

MRK
01-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Excuse me while I vomit. :(

ZENemy
01-16-2014, 05:09 PM
IF we didnt have government, who would run us over when we are injured and injure us more?

oh yea, that and ROAAAAAAAAAAAAADS, muhhh roads.

2young2vote
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Sounds like there were alot of under trained people working that day. I think this is more a matter of the rescuers doing a very poor job than being evil blood-hungry government workers like everyone on here seems to be suggesting.