PDA

View Full Version : Libertarians who dislike Rand are the same as conservatives who dislike Ron

Matt Collins
01-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Analogy time!

Libertarians who dislike Rand Paul for whatever irrational reasons are exactly the same as conservatives who dislike Ron Paul for whatever irrational reasons.

The key word being "irrational".

Kotin
01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
lol thats a horrible analogy and a gross oversimplification.

(and I support rand)

ClydeCoulter
01-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Blonds who dislike spinach are like brunettes who dislike asparagus.

Christian Liberty
01-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Well, I have very rational issues with Rand so, whatever you say.

Neil Desmond
01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm sure plenty of neocons dislike Ron, but I don't think there are a significant number of conservatives who dislike Ron. So, I suppose with Rand and libertarians it's the same? There are an insignificant number of libertarians who dislike Rand?

Matt Collins
01-15-2014, 09:57 PM
I don't think there are a significant number of conservatives who dislike Ron. Try the Hannity Forums and bring up Ron Paul sometime

Matt Collins
01-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Well, I have very rational issues with Rand so, whatever you say.If you consider yourself a lover of liberty, your issues against Rand are probably not as rational as you think they are.

Christian Liberty
01-15-2014, 09:58 PM
If you consider yourself a lover of liberty, your issues against Rand are probably not as rational as you think they are.

Of course I'm a lover of liberty.

I don't know for sure whether you are or not, though.

Why not actually engage me when I criticize Rand instead of complaining about it? Why not do the same for other people who criticize Rand? Instead of simply complaining about us?

mosquitobite
01-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Try the Hannity Forums and bring up Ron Paul sometime

I was banned from FreeRepublic back in the day for being a Ron Paul supporter.

Apparently some of them have come around, but yeah...

Matt Collins
01-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Why not actually engage me when I criticize Rand instead of complaining about it? Why not do the same for other people who criticize Rand? Instead of simply complaining about us?What are your criticisms?

muzzled dogg
01-15-2014, 10:23 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kotin again.

ClydeCoulter
01-15-2014, 10:34 PM
What are your criticisms?

For real? There are plenty of threads, just take a look around.

Neil Desmond
01-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Try the Hannity Forums and bring up Ron Paul sometime

Hannity has a forum? Wow, I'm impressed.

I wouldn't consider Hannity's fans to be conservative; to me they'd be neocons themselves, just like him. Perhaps it's a matter of semantics.

Czolgosz
01-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Fuck yeah, label wars!

cajuncocoa
01-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Analogy time!

Libertarians who dislike Rand Paul for whatever irrational reasons are exactly the same as conservatives who dislike Ron Paul for whatever irrational reasons.

The key word being "irrational".are you bored tonight, Matt?

Feelgood
01-16-2014, 11:16 AM
http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams%5C2012/April/120405%5C295723-trolling-irl-1.blocks_desktop_small.jpg

Matt Collins
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
lolz

Dianne
01-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Well I get pissed at Rand, when he does stupid chit like endorse Mitch McConnell .... McConnell, who should be facing a firing squad instead of smoking dope and bringing in millions to his personal bank account... Rand should have never endorsed McConnell... Rand should have been smart enough to say ... he never endorses anyone ....the people will decide.

Matt Collins
01-17-2014, 04:16 AM
Well I get pissed at Rand, when he does stupid chit like endorse Mitch McConnell .... McConnell, who should be facing a firing squad instead of smoking dope and bringing in millions to his personal bank account... Rand should have never endorsed McConnell... Rand should have been smart enough to say ... he never endorses anyone ....the people will decide.

Ron does the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJqSLNy8ms

Natural Citizen
01-17-2014, 05:03 AM
It bugs me to no end when people use Ron for political leverage or to sell their own political memes.

Bunch of vultures....

Ronin Truth
01-17-2014, 10:19 AM
So does it therefore necessarily follow that, Libertarians who dislike Ron Paul for whatever irrational reasons are exactly the same as conservatives who dislike Rand Paul for whatever irrational reasons? :confused:

Christian Liberty
01-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Ron does the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJqSLNy8ms

His answer makes it blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that he didn't actually support Lamar Smith, he just had to.

Christian Liberty
01-17-2014, 10:27 AM
So does it therefore necessarily follow that, Libertarians who dislike Ron Paul for whatever irrational reasons are exactly the same as conservatives who dislike Rand Paul for whatever irrational reasons? :confused:

That's actually probably more accurate, actually.

Ronin Truth
01-17-2014, 10:48 AM
That's actually probably more accurate, actually.

Therefore irrational Libertarians and conservatives that don't like either of the Pauls are the same. I think I've got it.

Cap
01-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Since you want to play the label game, just what camp are you in Matt?

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Thread read, thread rated. Moving on...

Spikender
01-17-2014, 08:42 PM
So any libertarian who doesn't support Rand Paul 100% of the time for any reason is being irrational?

Of course we are.

Don't act like he's above criticism. When he missteps, I criticize. When he does something right, I praise.

Never let a person become untouchable in your own mind. A person is never above being criticized for doing something wrong.

fisharmor
01-17-2014, 08:44 PM
If you consider yourself a lover of liberty, your issues against Rand are probably not as rational as you think they are.

If the rebuttals to our rational arguments were ever more rational than this statement of yours, you might prove capable of reasoning with us.

Unfortunately, all we ever get is "Nyu-uhhhh! You're a poopyface!"

Physician, heal thyself.

fisharmor
01-17-2014, 08:46 PM
What are your criticisms?
...seriously? You're gonna ask?
It's been like four years now, haven't you picked something up?

Here's my favorite criticism, which I'm typing out for at least the third time on this site:
If you guys aren't even going to be bothered to listen to us, then we sure as fuck aren't going to listen to you.

MichaelDavis
01-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Some conservatives disliked Ron for the same reason some libertarians dislike Rand: Foreign Policy.

Spikender
01-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Some conservatives disliked Ron for the same reason some libertarians dislike Rand: Foreign Policy.

That's really looking at it in a basic sense, especially since that same statement can be used in a lot of situations.

Some conservatives disliked Ron for the same reason some libertarians dislike McCain: Foreign Policy.

And let's be honest, that's not the only reason they disliked Ron, that's just the one they went to to save them the trouble of having to think about why they disagree with him.

LibertyEagle
01-18-2014, 05:41 AM

Endorsing McConnell is what got Rand on the committees he is on. If he hadn't been on these committees, he would not have had the podium he has had, the media coverage, or frankly, much of anything.

ClydeCoulter
01-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Endorsing McConnell is what got Rand on the committees he is on. If he hadn't been on these committees, he would not have had the podium he has had, the media coverage, or frankly, much of anything.

Justin Amash doesn't have the fame/msmtime that Rand has, but he's also not in the Senate. Amash lost his committee position because he didn't play the game, but, he has a pretty good start on building a very good reputation with his peers in the house. Building those coalitions may go a long way toward steering this country in the right direction during an even worse crisis ahead.

I really do hope that Rand is able to stay the course for liberty and not get bound to the devil for fame and position. Currently, it seems has is building political capital, at least on the surface.

Matt Collins
01-18-2014, 12:41 PM
So does it therefore necessarily follow that, Libertarians who dislike Ron Paul for whatever irrational reasons are exactly the same as conservatives who dislike Rand Paul for whatever irrational reasons? :confused:Yes, the logic follows.

Matt Collins
01-18-2014, 12:44 PM
His answer makes it blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that he didn't actually support Lamar Smith, he just had to.
Exactly. And Rand is in the same position.

Matt Collins
01-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Since you want to play the label game, just what camp are you in Matt?I support both Rand and Ron fully, I have worked on both of their campaigns, and would be happy do serve them in any of their liberty oriented endeavors.

Matt Collins
01-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Some conservatives disliked Ron for the same reason some libertarians dislike Rand: Foreign Policy.Which just goes to show that they are irrational because Ron and Rand's FP is essentially the same thing with mostly minor rhetorical differences.

RickyJ
01-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Matt, I don't think you want to go down this road.

Generalizing people is never a good idea especially for politicians and their supporters. You saw what that did for Romney, so don't make the same mistake.

speciallyblend
01-18-2014, 01:37 PM
crap sums up the op.