PDA

View Full Version : Claims of 'revenge beatdown' by deputies linked to mysterious killing...

phill4paul
01-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Claims of 'revenge beatdown' by Madison County deputies linked to mysterious killing (photos)

http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/pgmain/img/huntsville-times/photo/2014/01/-4a9443d9cbc6949c.jpg

[QUOTERobert Bryant says he was stomped by deputies while handcuffed at the side of the road in northern Madison County, the pummeling coming weeks after he punched a deputy during a barroom scuffle over a girl.

But if not for the mysterious killing of his wealthy benefactor, Bryant would probably never get to tell his story. Not in public. At least not in the press.

Bryant is a 44-year-old mechanic and a roofer, a self-employed handyman who never finished high school and would likely face difficulty in a courtroom dispute with police.

But the savage injuries to Bryant -- his teeth smashed out, his face swollen on all sides – set in motion the curious circumstances surrounding the final weeks of Jason Klonowski.

Klonowski paid for the attorneys and yard signs questioning the "brutality" of Madison County deputies. Klonowski even held a public rally for Bryant just weeks before he was discovered shot through the head outside his home in northwest Madison County.

The killing of Klonowski in November of 2013 and the arrest of Bryant in August of 2012 may turn out to be unrelated.

But the awkward timing -- with Madison County throwing out charges against Bryant just a week after Klonowski turned up dead – was enough to cause the Alabama Bureau of Investigation to step in.

"We don't trust the Madison County Sheriff's Department to investigate this matter because a number of Madison County deputies – and most probably supervisory personnel – were instrumental in allowing Mr. Bryant's beating to be covered up," said Hank Sherrod, the civil attorney for Bryant.[/QUOTE]

more.......http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/01/claims_of_revenge_beatdown_by.html

Dr.3D
01-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Gangland cover up?

GunnyFreedom
01-15-2014, 03:28 PM
He did it to himself. He should have known better than to defend a woman from getting raped. What cop wants, cop gets. And the lawyer? Pshaw; serves him right for trying to defend this civilian scumbag mundane.

phill4paul
01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
//

oyarde
01-16-2014, 11:23 AM
That guy needs to stay the ourse and bring all those fuckers down , they will start to roll on one another .

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 01:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZRcgWUm.png

One year later: No arrests, no answers in execution of Jason Klonowski

At one point this year, deputies even pursued charges against one of their own for mishandling a gun at the scene. Former deputy Steve Parton was fired and charged with theft over the missing gun. But it wasn't the murder weapon, and it wasn't missing. Parton that day had placed it in the car of the co-owner, Klonowski's business partner Donna Monroe.

In court, Monroe described a confusing scene, deputies walking around the house, her being handed different guns by different deputies, of guns being placed in her car without her knowledge. She said the gun in question was never stolen, but found under her front seat and she didn't understand why Parton was charged with theft. The two investigators who brought the theft charge ignored a subpoena and did not testify. The judge threw out the case.

People close to Parton say he now drives truck and stays out of Madison County.

Brown said she has been interviewed by the FBI and ABI several times. She most recently met with ABI and FBI agents at Sherrod's law office in Florence, along with Robert Bryant. But she doesn't hold out much hope for anyone solving the case.

Yet after the murder, things began to happen for Bryant.

Madison County dropped the assault charges against Bryant 10 days after they found Klonowski.

Sherrod, who represented Bryant, wrote an open letter on Nov. 20 calling for an outside investigation into Klonowski's killing.

The next day Sheriff Blake Dorning took a closer look at the Bryant case. On Nov. 21, Dorning wrote to the ABI to ask for help investigating his own men in relation to Bryant's assault. The ABI declined, saying too much time had passed.

But the ABI did take on the murder investigation. Bryant since filed a lawsuit against Madison County, Dorning and several deputies. The county this summer paid Bryant $625,000 to drop the lawsuit without taking a single deposition.

Since that settlement, the FBI confirmed that it is investigating possible civil rights abuses by deputies in relation to Bryant's beating and arrest.

Nonetheless, no deputies have been fired in relation to Bryant's case. And multiple sources close to the investigation say the ABI has never interviewed relevant deputies in relation to the Klonowski investigation.

Before he died, Klonowski told Bryant that a death threat had been tacked to the small stage where he spoke against the deputies. The note was found this year by the individual who purchased Klonowski's truck. Multiple sources say the note read: "86 this rally or die."

But Klonowski didn't report the note nor show it to many people before his death. And sources close to the investigation say the paper the note was written on seems to match stationery in Klonowski's house.

Brown last month took a chocolate cupcake to Klonowski's grave in Maple Hill. She said she usually baked him a chocolate cake for his birthday. She said Bryant has never been to the grave for fear for his personal safety.

"He doesn't come to Alabama," said Brown.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/one_year_later_no_arrests_no_a.html

Henry Rogue
12-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Without cops there would be lawlessness.

TheTexan
12-14-2014, 01:26 PM
"We don't trust the Madison County Sheriff's Department to investigate this matter because a number of Madison County deputies – and most probably supervisory personnel – were instrumental in allowing Mr. Bryant's beating to be covered up,"

That department is just a bad apple

Henry Rogue
12-14-2014, 01:38 PM
How are sheriffs an improvement over police? I don't see it.

SeanTX
12-14-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm disappointed -- the thread title made me think that some deputy who had carried out a "revenge beatdown" finally got what was coming to him.

I guess because the Sheriff is elected and is supposedly more accountable to the citizens . It's just too bad that the choice on the ballet is always at best the lesser of two evils (which is still evil).

I can't think of any case I've read of where a new sheriff got elected and actually did anything to clean up the corruption of his predecessors. The closest thing I can think of was Sheriff Richard Mack, he was a good talker about getting back to following the Constitution, but I doubt that he actually did much.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Tell me, once again, why I'm supposed to hate Eric Frein or Carl Drega?

Why I am supposed to cluck disapprovingly at protesters in NYC chanting for dead cops?

moostraks
12-14-2014, 01:58 PM

Isn't it the working theory that voting (sorry, laughing uncontrollably here) means we can keep them honest? I haven't seen it as an improvement either according to my experiences...

youngbuck
12-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Any update on this case? I hope all responsible crooks (cops) get a heavy dose of justice.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2014, 02:02 PM
And am I understanding this properly?

Bryant and some cop get into a barroom fistfight over a woman.

Cop goes to his pals, and they administer a beating to this poor bastard for that.

Poor bastard has a wealthy client that takes up his cause.

Cops come and murder wealthy client to shut him up.

The entire system then goes into "cover up" mode.

That about it?

pcosmar
12-14-2014, 02:14 PM

In Theory,,
The Sheriff is locally elected and responsible to the local people.
They are also supposed to be constrained by the limits of the Constitution.

but this has not been so for a very long time.

Henry Rogue
12-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Isn't it the working theory that voting (sorry, laughing uncontrollably here) means we can keep them honest? I haven't seen it as an improvement either according to my experiences...

In Theory,,
The Sheriff is locally elected and responsible to the local people.
They are also supposed to be constrained by the limits of the Constitution.

but this has not been so for a very long time.
Society is screwed.

Indy Vidual
12-14-2014, 05:31 PM
And am I understanding this properly?

Bryant and some cop get into a barroom fistfight over a woman.

Cop goes to his pals, and they administer a beating to this poor bastard for that.

Poor bastard has a wealthy client that takes up his cause.

Cops come and murder wealthy client to shut him up.

The entire system then goes into "cover up" mode.

That about it?

Perhaps Muslim radicals killed the wealthy client because they hated him for his freedom?