PDA

View Full Version : Feds bring charges against cop for forcing woman to strip then masturbating.

phill4paul
01-15-2014, 03:00 PM
The DA of course screwed up the initial trial then dragged their feet so that there wasn't a retrial.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/feds-charge-allegedly-forced-woman-strip-pleasured-article-1.1496248

Feds file civil rights charge against Philadelphia cop who allegedly forced woman to strip, pleasured himself on her
FBI agents also arrested one of ex-cop Joseph Harvey's old co-workers, Officer Sean Cahill, and charged him with lying to officials about what happened during the incident.

In 2009, after Philadelphia cops raided an abandoned home in the Kensington neighborhood, a 21-year-old woman came forward and accused Harvey of forcing her to strip and then pleasuring himself in her presence.

The young woman testified in 2011 that she was in a second-floor bedroom, high on heroin and preparing to have sex with a friend, when Harvey charged into the room as part of the police contingent, according to the Inquirer. After he was finished pleasuring himself, she said, he tossed $6 at her and told her to use the money to buy a pack of smokes.
The investigation that followed the woman’s complaint yielded what may have been an important piece of physical evidence — semen found on the woman’s sweatpants that was linked through DNA testing to Harvey, according to The Inquirer.
At trial, however, a prosecutor made reference to the sweatpants, but they had not been introduced as evidence, leading a judge to declare a mistrial, The Inquirer reported. The judge then reversed that decision.

But prosecutors later failed to bring their case against Harvey during a seven-month window provided by law. Last year, Common Pleas Court Judge Barbara A. McDermott dismissed the case, and ripped into prosecutors for dragging feet despite the existence of “an extensive investigation resulting in solid physical evidence.”

Christian Liberty
01-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Obviously it was her fault. After all, heroin is an illegal drug and she should have just said no :rolleyes:

phill4paul
01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
//

belian78
01-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Obviously it was her fault. After all, heroin is an illegal drug and she should have just said no :rolleyes:
Sadly, this is what the apologists will say. They'll put it all on her for being a drug addict and neglect to say anything about the disgusting actions of this waste of skin hiding behind a badge.

oyarde
01-16-2014, 11:18 AM
How much are smokes in Philly ?

moostraks
01-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Sadly, this is what the apologists will say. They'll put it all on her for being a drug addict and neglect to say anything about the disgusting actions of this waste of skin hiding behind a badge.

Which is why more people don't come forward. There is nothing to be had from coming forward for many people other than ridicule and aggravation.

Danke
01-16-2014, 12:09 PM
How much are smokes in Philly ?

6 bucks.

Philhelm
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
6 bucks.

Obviously. Cops never lie.

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Relatively speaking, she got lucky. :toady:

osan
01-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Common Pleas Court Judge Barbara A. McDermott dismissed the case, and ripped into prosecutors for dragging feet despite the existence of “an extensive investigation resulting in solid physical evidence.”

Whoopdeedoo... ripped into prosecutors. I'm sure they were quaking in their briefs.

How about criminal charges against them? Loss of office? Civil action?

All talk and no walk makes this a sk8.

Christian Liberty
01-16-2014, 12:59 PM

I'm glad you knew I was kidding... I hope Phil realized that as well.

But you're probably right that at least some conservatives and liberals would say that. I don't know. Remember that one case where the woman who was pulled over for speeding started driving off which caused the police to start shooting at her? My mom's first question when I told her about it was why she ran away from the police.

And the sad thing is, she's probably more pro-liberty in general than more than half the country.

This country is so screwed.

Occam's Banana
01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Whoopdeedoo... ripped into prosecutors. I'm sure they were quaking in their briefs.

How about criminal charges against them? Loss of office? Civil action?

All talk and no walk makes this a sk8.

... pro forma theater ... (exeunt justice, stage right) ...