PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Brossart Sentenced to Jail In Controversial Drone-Arrest Case

CaseyJones
01-15-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/01/15/north-dakota-man-sentenced-to-jail-in-controversial-drone-arrest-case

The first American man arrested with the help of a Predator drone has also become the first man who will go to jail because of it.

Tuesday, Rodney Brossart, a North Dakotan cattle rancher, was sentenced to three years in prison, with all but six months suspended, for terrorizing police officers who were trying to arrest him at his property in 2011. The strange case garnered national attention because it was the first time a law enforcement agency had used an unmanned aerial vehicle to assist in carrying out an arrest.

Brossart's trouble began in 2011, when six cows wandered onto his property. After Brossart refused to return the cows to their owner, the Grand Forks, N.D., SWAT team was called in to arrest the man. What followed was a 16-hour, armed standoff that eventually ended when the SWAT team called in a Predator drone on loan from the Department of Homeland Security's Customs and Border Patrol. The drone was able to locate Brossart and his three armed sons on the property and let police know it was safe it make to make an arrest. Brossart was allegedly tased during the arrest.

KCIndy
01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
What....

What the hell???

The drone was able to locate Brossart and his three armed sons on the property and let police know it was safe it make to make an arrest. Brossart was allegedly tased during the arrest.

Rodney Brossart, a North Dakotan cattle rancher, was sentenced to three years in prison, with all but six months suspended, for terrorizing police officers who were trying to arrest him at his property

Let's get this straight. Battle-armored, automatic weapons-toting SWAT troops use high-tech super expensive war technology to fine-tune their militarized sneak attack on some farmer in the middle of nowhere....

And the farmer is convicted of "terrorizing" the cops? TERRORIZING THE COPS?!?!???

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

This is nuts. This is absolutely, unbelievably, nightmarish insanity. How can anyone read this and NOT realize we've gone over the edge here???

:mad::mad::mad: I gotta go find something to kick.... really hard.... :mad::mad::mad:

Carson
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
"Brossart's trouble began in 2011, when six cows wandered onto his property. After Brossart refused to return the cows to their owner,"

I not seeing any reason to get off my butt to return this guys cows. There must be more to it than that.

Maybe ranching is done differently now.

phill4paul
01-15-2014, 08:17 PM
I not seeing any reason to get off my butt to return this guys cows. There must be more to it than that.

Maybe ranching is done differently now.

Cows trespassed. Cops will shoot you for trespassing. Brossart should have just shot them and had a steak out instead of a stake out.