PDA

View Full Version : Please How do you set-up a pc to robo-call?

Dave Wood
11-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Gurus out there...is this something that can be done from a home pc?

Google yields very little detail, not enough.

After last nights charade, I started searching for ways to get RPs name out to everybody and this seemed like the quickest most cost effective way.

I know that it seems impersonal but if the recorded voice is warm and the info is short, it shouldnt be intrusive to many people.

If this is a horrible idea, please state why. I think we can reach a very large number of people for name recognition quickly with this.

One option that was brought up to me today was to set the system to only leave messages and not actually play to a live pick-up....less interference.

I feel like we need to really step it up after last night.
P.S. I apologize to anyone I may have put off last night.....that was the last straw for me.

RobS
11-29-2007, 07:46 PM
It wouldn't be easy to set up on your own, sorry. You would probably need a SIP line coming in, I don't even know what kind of software... maybe something like Asterisk?

Probably better to look into companies that provide a calling service at a price per 1000 calls or something. I actually think there is a thread about this already, maybe someone else can post it and you can help out over there!

Dave Wood
11-29-2007, 07:48 PM
It wouldn't be easy to set up on your own, sorry. You would probably need a SIP line coming in, I don't even know what kind of software... maybe something like Asterisk?

Probably better to look into companies that provide a calling service at a price per 1000 calls or something. I actually think there is a thread about this already, maybe someone else can post it and you can help out over there!

Thanks, I couldnt find a thread using robo-call. I will try a different search.

Dave Wood
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Is there a thread somewhere on how to do this?

tried: Telemarketing, robo-call, robocall

the phone call threads are impossible to search....too many

raystone
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27047&highlight=old+autodialer

Cimbri
11-29-2007, 08:26 PM
http://www.voiceshot.com/

freedominnumbers
11-29-2007, 08:58 PM
My problem with robo calling is that it gets abusive real quick.
Almost nobody likes unsolicited computer messages.
It gets worse when they intentionally don't answer the phone and then your robo dialer calls them back 15 times a day because it got no answer or a machine.

This is one means of contact that I have never once heard spoken of positively except by those doing the calling. If you want to call me, at least be there when I pick up the phone.

Dave Wood
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
This looks doable!

Just to avoid conflict, is anyone else doing this?

Random phone lists are probably not as good as targeted lists, has the campaign issued any digital lists that can be used?

Data entry seems to be the only time consuming thing here, am I wrong?

I think i`m going to take this project on..........please speak up if this is bad or wont work.

I will send the voiceover recording through the forums prior to launching it to allow for critique.

Let me know, I am kind of excited once again but I`ve never done this kind of thing before.

Dave Wood
11-29-2007, 09:10 PM
My problem with robo calling is that it gets abusive real quick.
Almost nobody likes unsolicited computer messages.
It gets worse when they intentionally don't answer the phone and then your robo dialer calls them back 15 times a day because it got no answer or a machine.

This is one means of contact that I have never once heard spoken of positively except by those doing the calling. If you want to call me, at least be there when I pick up the phone.

But there is a way to program it to only leave a message once according to my friend/comp guru?

Mr. White
11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
But there is a way to program it to only leave a message once according to my friend/comp guru?

You missed the point. People want to talk to people.

Dave Wood
11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
You missed the point. People want to talk to people.

Understood...just for name recognition only. The message will have a few small bits on issues just for a hook but this is for name.

The wifes a flight attendant and she assures me that NO-ONE knows who RP is. Everytime she offers info on him, people respond and state that they will look him up(shes not allowed to distribute literature to passengers) but they have never heard of him.

I just thought this could be an efficient way of getting his name to a large number of people. :o