PDA

View Full Version : "Women Should Hate Freedom"

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 07:19 PM
http://therightstuff.biz/2013/12/02/women-should-hate-freedom/

Women Should Hate Freedom
NorthmanDecember 2, 2013 36 comments

Much ado has been made recently in the left wing of the “liberty movement” over the fact that men are its predominant constituents. Much speculation has been devoted to how women might be sold on the virtues of freedom and liberty, thus cleansing libertarianism of the stain of inequality that has long befouled its name.

Unlike “libertarian feminists” or even regular libertarians, I think women are absolutely right to hate freedom. There are reasons they do, and those reasons have served them well. Women’s sensibilities are wholly appropriate; to women. They just shouldn’t, under any circumstances, be given the power to impose them on men. As the old cliche goes, what’s good for the goose isn’t necessarily good for the gander, and vice versa.

Freedom is dangerous and uncertain. If you’re a man, you’re going to be much more tolerant of danger and uncertainty than most women because you can afford to be, and you can’t afford not to be. Women are just the opposite. The very existence of male and female, is –in part– an evolved risk management strategy. Men take most of the risks, women reap most of the rewards. The losers, mostly men, take their bad luck to an early grave. Meanwhile, humanity just keeps on keeping on, oblivious to their sacrifice. Whine about the unfairness all you want, this works. All is as it should be, plaintive protests of feminists and MRAs notwithstanding.

As individuals, men can afford to spend decades learning how not to be fuck ups and acquiring marketable skills. Women can’t. As a group, men can afford to unceremoniously abandon the hopeless cases who never learn. Women can’t. Men need a certain amount of freedom to really thrive, but it comes with great downside risks.

History will record giving women freedom as one of mankind’s greatest mistakes. This is what happens when you do. Also this…

This is also more or less what happens when you give men freedom. But for men, fucking around until you’re 33 before finally getting your life straightened out is a victory. For women such a victory would be Pyrrhic at best, if not an outright defeat. More than half of a woman’s child bearing years are gone at that point, and all of the best ones.

Liberty is not best for women. The comfort and security that is best for women is not best for men. The natural compromise has been to give men the freedom to rule women; providing them the guidance and protection they desire and require. When “libertarian feminists” talk about how to sell women on liberty, they’re missing the point. Even if it were possible that’s not to say it would be best.

Libertarians often object when others propose “one size fits all” solutions, imposed top-down. Yet they’re never slow to offer liberty as a one-size-fits all solution. Reality is somewhat more complex. Some people can benefit from freedom, and a certain amount of it is undeniably necessary, or very bad things happen. But it’s neither universally desirable nor beneficial.

http://i0.wp.com/therightstuff.biz/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/barbarian.jpg

The toughest opponents against liberty I've encountered have been women... :(

Occam's Banana
01-14-2014, 07:45 PM
As the old cliche goes, what’s good for the goose isn’t necessarily good for the gander, and vice versa.

Dude needs to brush up on his old clichés ...

https://englishedithelp.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/words1.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Oh boy...

asurfaholic
01-14-2014, 07:51 PM
The toughest opponents against liberty I've encountered have been women... :(

same. my wife......

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Oh boy...

Most of the women I've encountered are afraid of freedom. They think I want to take them back to the stone age when I speak about liberty... :(

TheGrinch
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/what.gif.pagespeed.ce.p76gzRGC6K.gif

This is schtick right?

Anti Federalist
01-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Most of the women I've encountered are afraid of freedom. They think I want to take them back to the stone age when I speak about liberty... :(

Polling and voting records indicate that all the time.

You're just not allowed to say so.

MelissaWV
01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Men take most of the risks, women reap most of the rewards.

Yeah lucky, lucky me.

History will record giving women freedom as one of mankind’s greatest mistakes.

Absolutely. Few worse things have ever happened. I mean, I can't think of any, can you?

cajuncocoa
01-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah lucky, lucky me.

Absolutely. Few worse things have ever happened. I mean, I can't think of any, can you?LOL

NewRightLibertarian
01-14-2014, 08:27 PM
We just got to appeal to women differently than we do men. Talk about the human costs, not the dollars & cents.

DamianTV
01-14-2014, 08:34 PM
End Woman's Suffrage! :(

(Suffrage = Right to Vote, nothing to do with "Suffering")

ghengis86
01-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Polling and voting records indicate that all the time.

You're just not allowed to say so.

We just got to appeal to women differently than we do men. Talk about the human costs, not the dollars & cents.

This^

Both are spot on.

I believe what we have here is a failure to communicate.

kahless
01-14-2014, 08:38 PM
End Woman's Suffrage! :(

(Suffrage = Right to Vote, nothing to do with "Suffering")

If you slipped it in the ballot without the media noticing the clueless would be enough of the vote to "End Woman's Suffrage".

A viral campaign that the evil Republicans are against "Ending Woman's Suffrage" would work to. :)

July
01-14-2014, 08:40 PM
The exact same argument can be made in favor of the state. The men who managed to become powerful enough to wield it were simply smarter and more capable (and better armed) than you; therefore the natural compromise has always been for some men to rule other men. So to recap, if 'liberty' is the freedom to rule others, and that would make state rulers the 'anarchists' in this equation.

heavenlyboy34
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
This thread-can of worms has opened. :eek:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bSbjIJca_M4/UWcmL-hZFPI/AAAAAAAAAsY/1-4a1P33aew/s1600/can-of-worms.jpg

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 08:59 PM
The exact same argument can be made in favor of the state. The men who managed to become powerful enough to wield it were simply smarter and more capable (and better armed) than you; therefore the natural compromise has always been for some men to rule other men. So to recap, if 'liberty' is the freedom to rule others, and that would make state rulers the 'anarchists' in this equation.

Well put, that would make them 'anarchists in charge'. More chaos, grip tightens...

coastie
01-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh boy...

LOL, says the man with the wife we'd all LOVE to have....<ducks in case that comes across wrong>

:D

DamianTV
01-14-2014, 09:30 PM
If you slipped it in the ballot without the media noticing the clueless would be enough of the vote to "End Woman's Suffrage".

A viral campaign that the evil Republicans are against "Ending Woman's Suffrage" would work to. :)

Should check out some of the Mark Dice videos. He tests to see how stupid people are, and the results are not suprising.

Origanalist
01-14-2014, 09:31 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

WM_in_MO
01-14-2014, 09:40 PM
http://sadpanda.us/images/1005453-EWC0HX6.jpg

Occam's Banana
01-14-2014, 09:54 PM
We're gonna need more soda pop ...

eduardo89
01-14-2014, 09:55 PM

Side effects may include dry mouth.

Origanalist
01-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Side effects may include dry mouth.

He's going to need a bigger pop.

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 09:59 PM

he should be more worried about a potential retired peace officer in his vicinity, that popcorn looks dangerous...

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Divide and conquer: false left right, false gender wars, false race wars. Fishermen would love to have bait this effective. Drop the hooks, the fish are biting.

Somewhere, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Piers Morgan and the staff at MSNBC and CNN are smiling. Hillary 2016!

Grubb556
01-14-2014, 10:19 PM

But didn't all those warrior women who did whatever they want live in the stone age ?

ghengis86
01-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Meh...

Everybody's been fucked with to suit our rulers desires. Men are told and taught to hide their masculinity and strength (by the state). Women are told and taught that they are weak and can't survive without help (by the state).

Everybody is being fucked with. All your natural, healthy desires and needs are suppressed, distorted and destroyed so that you are an empty shell with no grounding that can therefore be filled with anything our rulers wish. The goal is to break you down to nothing to build you up into a compliant slave to our rulers desires.

So, this is true, but only because our rulers have ingrained it in women. And in men, they play on that thoughtless, barbaric thug that loves war and beating the 'enemy' over rational thought. How many fat asses scream their lungs out at the war displays at sporting events? They love the state just as much or more than women.

We're all being manipulated. We're all being fucked with.

Seeing through it is the first step. The rest is up to you.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2014, 10:41 PM
This^

Both are spot on.

I believe what we have here is a failure to communicate.

What I've said all along.

The facts are the facts, women, as a whole, as a demographic, vote and support bigger government.

Ignoring that fact does not make it go away.

So, address it in terms that work, if at all possible.

Not that I really think it is, of both men and women, most people hate freedom and do not support it or want it.

FrankRep
01-14-2014, 10:48 PM
http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/C/Hillary-Clinton-9251306-2-402.jpg

ghengis86
01-14-2014, 10:58 PM
http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/C/Hillary-Clinton-9251306-2-402.jpg

http://eyebleach.com/

Anti Federalist
01-14-2014, 10:59 PM
LOL, says the man with the wife we'd all LOVE to have....<ducks in case that comes across wrong>

:D

Nah, it's cool.

Origanalist
01-15-2014, 12:20 AM
We're gonna need more soda pop ...

Lol, I didn't even see your post.

Nirvikalpa
01-15-2014, 12:39 AM

Surround yourself with better women, or change your approach to it.

oyarde
01-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Many ladies , by some nature seek security.There has to be a way to point out that that is best achieved through a free market and not expensive govt buildings and employees to dole out what has been stolen from others.

erowe1
01-15-2014, 10:32 AM
There's something to the OP.

But if freedom is dangerous and uncertain, so is life. And tyranny doesn't take that away. It makes it worse. To live in a constant state of punishable disobedience under a code of laws too massive for anyone to know, much less obey, where the sheer capriciousness of corrupt bureaucrats is all that keeps you and your loved ones out of prison, is dangerous and uncertain. That is not security.

Pericles
01-15-2014, 02:30 PM

Sadly true

Pericles
01-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Should check out some of the Mark Dice videos. He tests to see how stupid people are, and the results are not suprising.

If you assume that you need people of above average intelligence to understand what you advocate, you have already lost half of them.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I've encountered plenty of women in the liberty movement, but obviously we need more, much more. I often wonder if women are simply more authoritarian. I've had debates with women about the police state and said "Soon we'll have police on every corner" ...her response? "Well thats fine, we'd be safer!" sigh....

Snew
01-15-2014, 04:19 PM
I've encountered plenty of women in the liberty movement, but obviously we need more, much more. I often wonder if women are simply more authoritarian. I've had debates with women about the police state and said "Soon we'll have police on every corner" ...her response? "Well thats fine, we'd be safer!" sigh....

The thing is, 90% of the population would say that...

Anti Federalist
01-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Nazism’s Feminine Side, Brutal and Murderous

‘Hitler’s Furies,’ by Wendy Lower, Examines German Women

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/09/books/hitlers-furies-by-wendy-lower-examines-german-women.html?_r=0

Ms. Lower’s revisionist insight is to track more mundane lives, and to argue for a vastly wider complicity. She follows more than a dozen German women — nurses, secretaries, schoolteachers, wives of SS officers — who stand in for an estimated 500,000 German women who went into the occupied East and thus undeniably stood, the author argues, in the killing fields.

“The role of German women in Hitler’s war can no longer be understood as their mobilization and victimization on the home front,” Ms. Lower says. “Instead, Hitler’s Germany produced another kind of female character at war, an expression of female activism and patriotism of the most violent and perverse kind.”

Or, as she puts it more memorably, about SS wives who became perpetrators: “These women displayed a capacity to kill while also acting out a combination of roles: plantation mistress; prairie Madonna in apron-covered dress lording over slave laborers; infant-carrying, gun-wielding hausfrau.”

acptulsa
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
There are people who think the way described in the OP. They are not all women, nor are all women they. Everyone thinks differently. There are trends, and some can be related to gender to an extent. But to make blanket statements about gender is to alienate people unnecessarily because people who don't 'fit the mold will, one, resent being told they should 'fit the mold' in order to be a good sample of their gender, and two, we are libertarians and our main appeal is to people tired of being stuffed into the mold.

Now, if you come across someone willing to 'trade liberty for security' you can usually still win them over to our cause, at least when it comes to trying to cut the federal government down to size. If the federal government has its hooks into your local fire department, and your local fire department isn't getting the job done, you have to convince forty million voters that your local fire department is more important than abortion, gay marriage and their own local fire departments combined in order to get the change you need accomplished. You may think that's not an issue because your local fire department is local, but I guarantee you that since 9/11 and the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, your local fire department has quadrupled its staff of grant writers, and that is not a good sign. There you go. Works to win almost anyone over.

In fact, that works with so many things that government tries to do that women could and should be our best allies. Because when it comes to economic security and protection from abusers and things along those lines, local government is clearly best. The only thing that could arguably be done better nationally is the armed forces (which is a large part of the problem) and that stuff is mainly supported by a certain type of Republican voter--which, if the polls can be believed, is a mainly male demographic.

idiom
01-15-2014, 06:33 PM
There are a few ways to convert women into anti-authoritarians.

Just take her kids off her for their own good.

Or give her over to the local authority for a night when she is of age, as was traditional for millennia.

Seriously who thinks government is ever good for women?

DamianTV
01-15-2014, 07:28 PM
If some women truly hate Freedom, I believe it is the consequence of no other reason than they are TAUGHT to hate Freedom. The citizens of the USSR were also taught to hate freedom the same way as our Govt and MSM now try to teach that exact lesson to every citizen of the US Empire. The more that those citizens express their hatred of freedom, the stronger the Govt gets.

If one truly believed in Conspiracies, they would believe that the entire Govt is all in cooperation and complete agreement that Freedom itself needs to be abolished, and we know this simply isnt true. There are Factions of Conspirators that see specific benefits from abolishing certain Freedoms. Big Data and Data Mining stand to benefit financially from the abolishment of Privacy, which is in and of itself, a form of Freedom. Govt itself benefits also from zero Privacy, but not financially, but by a measure of Control that it enables. Both benefit, but they benefit differently. These two Factions may agree that eliminating Privacy will benefit them, but the way they benefit is very different. If the entire Govt completely agreed to destroy ALL Freedoms, they'd just come right out and declare War on Civilians. But since these Factions do not fully agree on all topics, Freedom remains while they attack each other in office. There is a lot of competition in Govt where one Faction wants power over another Faction. The results of those power plays by the Factions result in people being pulled in many many different directions. The owners of Burger King would demand laws that outlaw McDonalds and only allow Burger King. The owners of McDonalds would demand laws that outlaw Burger King and allow only McDonalds. But both McDonalds and Burger King would agree that laws need to exist to protect the way they do business, thus, they agree to allow Pink Slime to be sold as safe for human consumption and without being labeled as either of their products as having containing Pink Slime. They agree that Freedom of Information to be given to the Consumer is bad for their business, but their goals are to eliminate their competition. If you introduce Whole Foods into the equation, Whole Foods has an opportunity to eliminate both McDonalds and Burger King as competitors by requiring the labeling of Pink Slime.

The results of the above is that each Faction tries to influence the people to support laws that would benefit that Faction. Sometimes, they are in agreement on certain rules of their game, sometimes they're not. The elimination of Freedom itself is the result of certain rules that they agree on. They do not want the people / consumers to have any choice what so ever on anything that is Truly Important.

Men view their world a bit differently than women do. Women are told they should hate Freedom and it will be certain Factions trying to persuade the female population. Likewise, other Factions cater to the male population. There are different Factions that focus on men, and different reasons for influencing men to hate Freedom, but the ultimate unifying goal needs to be recognized that Freedom itself is what is under attack. Too many of these Factions stand to benefit from the elimination of Specific Freedoms, but as a whole, efforts are collectively made by these Factions to eliminate ALL Freedoms.

The statement "Women Should Hate Freedom" needs to be observed as part of the Big Picture. It is part of a Divide and Conquer strategy. The way that Divide and Conquer works is to Divide certan sections of the population by things that make each individual member of the population different until we are so divided that we stand only as individuals in opposition to the actions of certain Factions, where by we have the least ability to influence the outcome of the situations. Look at it this way. Our population can be divided into Men and Women. Then Subdivide. There are both Christian and Muslim groups of both Men and Women. Subdivide again. There are both Gay and Straight members of both Christian and Muslim groups of both Men and Women. Continue this process of Subdivision by any possible category. Smokers. Education. Income Level. Race. Language. Occupation. Health. The process of Subdivision has become so effective that it is now systematically destroying the Family Model around the world. The ability to organize as a cohesive group is undermined as is our ability to resist the changes being made by these Factions.

Once the process of Division and Subdivision to Conquer is underway, the willingness of people to find common ground to work together on is comprimised to say the least. Thats when the direct attacks begin. They will systematically attack any opposition at its lowest level. The ability to target a specific individual is the most effective because they are many and the individual stands alone. They will go after those with the least ability to defend themselves first. They will make efforts to create groups of people based on information they provide to those people that represent the interests of the Factions. Women are taught to hate the Freedoms of others, and thus, have support from the people to oppress the opposing group. Straights are taught to hate Gays. It isnt because the powerful Factions that exist have anything against either being Gays or only support Straights, but the conflict between the two allows them the ability to exact a measure of control over BOTH Divisions. US goes to War with Germany because of what ever reason both groups are told to hate the opposing group. Each group being provided a different reason to hate the other group. Once war starts, follow the money, and find that the Conflict between the US and Germany results in a measure of Control by specific Factions (banks) over Both Groups. Both US and Germany go into Debt to pay for the War between them, but that Debt is owed to the same Factions that now have a greater measure of Control. "You owe us".

Take the same strategy and apply it to any possible way you can think of to subdivide a populus. Many types of subdivision are useful. Typically subdivisions that provoke strong emotional, and thus non intellectual responses, (Problem Reaction Solution), other types of subdivision are not useful, at least not to specifc Factions. A division of the people by means of Chocolate vs Peanut Butter is not as useful to the Prison Industrial Complex as it would be to Food Manufacturers. The divisions of people are intended because once divided, they can be united in a way that is most useful to each Faction. We stand united on ways they tell us to unite. Many Non Smokers stand in agreement against Smokers. But both the Smoking and Non Smoking groups of people are not groups entirely formed by the people, but those that stand to benefit from Conflict that occurs as a result of the existence and empowerment of both groups. When the division of these groups is left to the individual between Smokers and Non Smokers, the conflicts that result remain as Individual Conflicts. Dont smoke in my house. You can smoke in my house. But in Groups. the Freedom to Smoke is what goes under attack. Non Smokers that respond to the emotional provocation respond the the Problem Reaction Solution paradigm by demanding the Right to Smoke be taken away from Smokers are servicing some benefit of a Faction or Group of Factions.

This is Group Think Psychology. Worship Microsoft, or worship Apple. Worship Smokers or worship Non Smokers. Divide by things that we should not be divided on and group us together by things that we should not be grouped together by. Men vs Women. Children vs Adults. Black vs White. Christian vs Muslim. Smoker vs Non Smoker. Chocolate vs Peanut Butter. Our natural groups and individuality are eliminated, and the people tha comprise those natural groups and the individual suffer loss of Freedoms as a direct result.

People need to recognize BOTH efforts made to Divide and Subdivide as well as Categorical Grouping as a means of these Factions to obtain more and more power. When we realize how they are dismantling our society, we also see that they rebuild that same society into something that does not benefit the individual. Understanding their methods gives us a specific ability to resist each of those methods. We should also realize that it is Humanity itself that is under Full Attack, and our responsibility to push back against those that do the attacking. Then we can form our Natural Groups. Groups that resist the Full Oppression of a Natural Human Race.

purplechoe
01-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Surround yourself with better women, or change your approach to it.

As if I have a choice on deciding who my co-workers are?

At the last job I had in marketing I was the only male full time employee with the rest being all women and a couple of guys who were part timers while going to school. One of the guys who worked there with me actually turned me onto Ron Paul in 2007 but all the females were utterly hostile when I started talking about things like state rights, etc.

That was about 7 years ago and I have to admit that I was probably unprepared and not a very good communicator when it came to discussing liberty because the whole philosophy was very new to me. Since then I've done a ton of research on subjects like history, economics, philosophy, religions, etc. and have had some time to have all that knowledge permeate within the brain so in the last few years I've become much better at presenting the message.

At the job I have now there are a lot of Polish immigrants who have been in the States for about 20-30 years and I was excited to talk to my fellow country man (I was born in Poland) figuring that these people and their parents have lived through fascism and communism so they should be ripe for the picking when it came to the message of liberty only to have my hopes crushed. My supervisor and one other co-worker actually have a very similar philosophy but the rest of them (especially women) have learned nothing from their experience under communism and are wholeheartedly supporting Obamacare and all the social safety programs. One of the women actually started calling me a "gówniarz" which would translate to a snot-nosed juvenile who lacks life experience and I'm naive to hold the views I do.

Yeah people in general hate freedom, but women hate it just a little mare than the average man has been my personal experience...

Philhelm
01-15-2014, 09:02 PM

Maybe it's illegal to purchase a larger soda where he lives...

DamianTV
01-15-2014, 09:04 PM
I guess theres two options for me to find a "good woman" then. By good, I mean one that values Freedom and Liberty, not Social Programs or Fascism.

#1 Import good woman from another country, at that country's discression
#2 Export myself to that country, at this countrys discression

Either way, I think Im getting the short end of the stick. Good women here are so few and far between that I've got a better chance winning Megabucks, getting struck by Lightning, hit by a Meteor, and being involved in a Plane Crash all at the same time as opposed tofinding one good woman that is available.

purplechoe
01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
I guess theres two options for me to find a "good woman" then. By good, I mean one that values Freedom and Liberty, not Social Programs or Fascism.

#1 Import good woman from another country, at that country's discression
#2 Export myself to that country, at this countrys discression

Either way, I think Im getting the short end of the stick. Good women here are so few and far between that I've got a better chance winning Megabucks, getting struck by Lightning, hit by a Meteor, and being involved in a Plane Crash all at the same time as opposed tofinding one good woman that is available.

One of the women I talk to at work actually said that Jesus was the first communist. I told her that I don't remember reading the bible and remembering any passages where Jesus talks about forming a government to which you pay at least half of your income which would absolve you of actually getting of your butt and trying help your fellow man. "I paid my taxes, my charity is done" - what morons?!!!

As idiotic as it is for her to call Jesus a first communist, socialism has actually been tried by the Jews in the land the Jesus supposedly walked through hundreds of years before ...

Origanalist
01-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Maybe it's illegal to purchase a larger soda where he lives...

Nanny State.

Rothbardian Girl
01-16-2014, 01:06 AM
This article may be useful as a companion piece to the OP:

"Why Do Women Hate Freedom?" by Gina Luttrell - http://thoughtsonliberty.com/why-do-women-hate-freedom (quoted in part below)

Let me ask y’all a question. In the last 30 days, how many of you have talked about gender discrimination? What about LGBT discrimination? Sexual harassment? What about rape? Here’s a good one. What about doulas or midwives? Now, out of those of you who talked about those issues, how many of you said that the issue wasn’t a problem at all? Or perhaps shifted the focus of the conversation onto women in general, maybe by saying that the gender wage gap was a myth, or that differences in occupational representation was due to personal preferences, or that, dare I say it, most rape cases were in some way preventable by the person raped?

This, after sexism, is the second biggest thing that keeps women away from liberty my friends. Libertarians either don’t know, don’t care, or don’t “believe” in problems that affect women’s liberty. I can tell you, the biggest threats to their freedom are things that libertarians weren’t talking about before Thoughts on Liberty existed. Women feel unsafe to let down their guard among friends, lest they be attacked and raped. They feel that they cannot succeed in their lives on par with men because for whatever reasons, they will not make as much money. They feel enormous, unyielding pressure to live two lives at once: one as the primary caregiver of the children of the home and one wherein they have a successful career—and to look fabulous doing both. Their right to their bodily autonomy when giving birth to children is not respected. In 23 states, home births are illegal and midwifery is banned. Women who are gay or transgender or polyamorous or asexual or black or hispanic or poor or any other kind of marginalization are routinely ostracized, misrepresented, and sometimes outright abused.

And libertarians don’t take these problems seriously. So much that we just don’t seem to care.

These are significant barriers to women’s liberty in our country. They are facts of women’s lives that significantly, substantively, visibly affect the quality of life and quality of freedom of women in the world, and libertarians would rather talk about marginal tax rates and agricultural subsidies.

Which brings me to the subject of economics. Whether it’s because women are “soft-hearted” or not, women—at least the women that work for me—don’t reach to economics to talk about liberty. Out of the 20-ish writers TOL has hosted over its lifetime, only three have had economics degrees. Thoughts on Liberty’s most popular topics are Social Issues, Domestic Policy, Women’s Issues, and Theory. Keeping in mind that TOL does have a separate category for all things to do with economics. Out of nearly 500 articles over the span of a year, only 19 of them have been written about economic policies. If libertarians want to bring more women into the movement, we have to realize that liberty is more than supply and demand. Liberty is about the way people live their lives. Libertarians need to look beyond economics and start talking more about the things that women care about: their lives, their homes, their families, their friends. Because when you make anywhere from 33% to 3% less than your male friends do, getting upset about a .05% tax increase just doesn’t seem as important.

The takeaway here is this: Don’t assume that people move through the world the same way you do. Just because an issue isn’t a problem for you doesn’t mean it’s not a problem. The world libertarians are selling right now is a world in which women will be tossed under the bus, and all libertarians will do is throw up their hands and say, “Freedom of association. Not my problem.” But how could such a society be free when its citizens cannot all participate according to their individual will, when some get advantages from the setup while others are cast out? From a woman’s perspective, libertarians are selling a society that isn’t free to them at all. And we’re surprised that they don’t rush to sign up for it? I’m not. No amount of marketing can fix a product that looks rotten.

Working Poor
01-16-2014, 02:01 AM
One of the women I talk to at work actually said that Jesus was the first communist.

The truth will set you free comrade

limequat
01-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Women are a demographic. Tailor your message.

Miriam Carey - Did the state protect this poor Mother of a 1 y/o? Or did it mercilessly execute her in front of her infant?
Kim Nguyen - Did the state protect this young, attractive pharmacist? Or did they rape and beat her?
Lien Family - Attacked by a rabid biker gang consisting of off duty cops. 2 y/o in car. Did the state protect them?

These stories involve regular women who did nothing wrong and were punished heavily by the state or the state workers. Every other day there's a story of cops beating women (by the way cops are statistically much more likely to be wife-beaters).
Take these stores, show the videos...seeds will be planted.