PDA

View Full Version : SWAT team shoots man as he lies prone with hands extended.

phill4paul
01-14-2014, 09:45 AM
L.E. changes story as evidence provides new light and not a f*ck will be given........

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/latestlocalnews/1806955-8/photosvideo-man-fatally-shot-by-police-in-selah

“At approximately 5:15 p.m., a SWAT unit from Yakima Police Department approached the house. We had been talking to the individual on the phone, he commented that he was going to come out. At that time he opened fire. There were more shots exchanged. The suspect was shot at this time,” Durand said.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Video-from-deadly-SWAT-team-shooting-near-Selah-goes-viral--240026531.html?mobile=y

"I didn't even know what I was really looking at, at first until I recognized the trailer house on it," said Woolem.

Woolem said he has no idea who brought it to him and why. But he followed the instructions on the note and posted the unedited video on YouTube.

"It shows that he had his hands over his ears when he pulled the trigger so both of his arms were in front of him,” said Vandiber. “He wasn't reaching for anything when they shot him."

"The one thing that I think this man could've done was simply just do what the officers were telling him to do and just don't move,” said Yakima County Sheriff’s Sergeant Mike Russell. “Just keep your hands where we could see them and don't move."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQplEHcAt_Y

phill4paul
01-14-2014, 11:09 AM
This, by the way, is the same Yakima, Washington where the man was shot for holding a dissasembled air soft gun.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?440733-Man-Shot-and-Killed-By-Police-For-Holding-Part-of-an-Airsoft-Gun

phill4paul
01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
//

moostraks
01-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Deputies told KIMA they wanted to be cautious and make sure Humphrey wouldn't harm them.

No truer statement ever spoken by LEO. This is their mentality. The entire lot of narcissists are only concerned with their own self interest. They will shoot to kill at anyone and blame their victim for being a threat. This is why the courts are no remedy. They uphold this belief because of the fallacy that our society would collapse without these "brave heroes" who do a thankless job.

GunnyFreedom
01-16-2014, 12:05 PM
It's his own fault. He did this to himself. He should have known better than to have the audacity of demonstrating a pulse in the vicinity of these brave heroes in blue.

bunklocoempire
01-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Incidents like this may seem like they're thousands of miles away but the attitudes are closer than the casual observer realizes.

There was a police standoff in my district last year that I listened to on my handheld scanner/transceiver. I heard this thing unfold from the beginning and they had called out the resident sniper cops etc. They were discussing tactics, suspects info, -there was a lot of info aired.

The officer on scene and in charge kept referring to the man holed up in his house as "the body" -I thought I had missed something because I never heard any go-ahead given for engagement of force.

Turns out "the body" was the living and breathing suspect who gave himself up after 7 hours and was taken into custody. I don't know if that is a common thing to refer to the living suspect as "the body" -but hearing that used to describe a living person in my area really help put it all in perspective for me.

Please folks, get a cheap scanner/transceiver and monitor what your employees are up to. You'd be surprised at what little information the police roll on as well as the attitudes towards their employers. I'm very surprised the body count isn't higher in my area -I'm NOT surprised by the body count that exists already.

GunnyFreedom
01-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Incidents like this may seem like they're thousands of miles away but the attitudes are closer than the casual observer realizes.

There was a police standoff in my district last year that I listened to on my handheld scanner/transceiver. I heard this thing unfold from the beginning and they had called out the resident sniper cops etc. They were discussing tactics, suspects info, -there was a lot of info aired.

The officer on scene and in charge kept referring to the man holed up in his house as "the body" -I thought I had missed something because I never heard any go-ahead given for engagement of force.

Turns out "the body" was the living and breathing suspect who gave himself up after 7 hours and was taken into custody. I don't know if that is a common thing to refer to the living suspect as "the body" -but hearing that used to describe a living person in my area really help put it all in perspective for me.

Please folks, get a cheap scanner/transceiver and monitor what your employees are up to. You'd be surprised at what little information the police roll on as well as the attitudes towards their employers. I'm very surprised the body count isn't higher in my area -I'm NOT surprised by the body count that exists already.

The ability to do this is going away. First responders everywhere are moving to encrypted trunked radios like VIPER that make it basically impossible to listen in.

bunklocoempire
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
The ability to do this is going away. First responders everywhere are moving to encrypted trunked radios like VIPER that make it basically impossible to listen in.

Good point. Folks should research thoroughly and ask hams in their area. Hopefully the shortcomings of these trunked systems will become evident and the public to realize what trade offs have been made for this latest and greatest thing to come along. Some interesting info: http://blog.tcomeng.com/index.php/2007/the-difference-between-trunked-and-conventional-radio-systems/ (I'm a newb so I don't pretend to understand everything the guy mentions.) Maui County currently has a trunked system while Hawaii County (Big Island) does not. Yet.

Sorry OP about the thread drift. Tools to document/combat these atrocities is my angle.