PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul brings pre-presidential campaign to Atlanta

TaftFan
01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/13/rand-paul-brings-pre-presidential-campaign-to-atlanta/#sthash.G8IJOLX9.Gf27Y9mk.dpbs

Matthew5
01-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Where does the money that he raises go to? An exploratory committee?

TaftFan
01-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Where does the money that he raises go to? An exploratory committee?
No, I'm guessing RAND PAC.

Matt Collins
01-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Some of it could also go to his Senatorial Campaign which I believe can be rolled into his Presidential campaign (but don't quote me on that)

RonPaulFanInGA
01-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Some of it could also go to his Senatorial Campaign which I believe can be rolled into his Presidential campaign (but don't quote me on that)

Sorry.

mit26chell
01-14-2014, 11:45 AM
'Though he was tripped up by a plagiarism scandal . . . '

Oh, stfu. The AJC is and always has been the WORST. They always hated on Ron. Can't stand that newspaper.

jtstellar
01-14-2014, 01:18 PM
'Though he was tripped up by a plagiarism scandal . . . '

Oh, stfu. The AJC is and always has been the WORST. They always hated on Ron. Can't stand that newspaper.

i almost forgot about that 'scandal', these guys are just begging for a miracle for anything they throw at him to stick at all for one time

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Forgot about that fake plagiarism story too.

People do have short memories. Which is why I really don't think Christie's bridge thing will matter two years from now when the primaries are kicking off.

jtstellar
01-14-2014, 02:17 PM
not sure about that..

none of rand's 'scandals' fit into the greater theme of today about government corruption. the sentiment for transparency is going higher day by day and no one knows whether it has peaked yet or what it ultimately will lead to, but this christie scandal fits perfectly into this anti authority wave and essentially melds into one with the obama scandals, and this actually got some liberals to go back and reflect on other obama issues and some of them actually give grounds a little bit. if you view christie issue in a vacuum and judge by history yes it could go away, but things are spinning out of a lot of people's expectations right now

Matthew5
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Forgot about that fake plagiarism story too.

People do have short memories. Which is why I really don't think Christie's bridge thing will matter two years from now when the primaries are kicking off.

Unless Christie is impeached...then it's a done deal.

GunnyFreedom
01-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Rand's campaign is committing a HUGE tactical error by not doing anything in NC, which will now be an early state in 2016.

jjdoyle
01-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Rand's campaign is committing a HUGE tactical error by not doing anything in NC, which will now be an early state in 2016.

Maybe they've already written NC off to Huckabee? And this seems like it was mainly a fundraising event though, but considering that NC is having a Senate race, I'm surprised there hasn't been much in NC. Maybe right before the Republican primary?

Bastiat's The Law
01-14-2014, 10:14 PM

Agreed. There needs to be more emphasis there and while he's at it Rand should host a fund raiser for Brannon.

Matthew5
01-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Maybe they've already written NC off to Huckabee? And this seems like it was mainly a fundraising event though, but considering that NC is having a Senate race, I'm surprised there hasn't been much in NC. Maybe right before the Republican primary?

You'd be foolish to write off any state to imaginary opponents.

Crashland
01-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Rand would have to make one heck of a run to take NC. The demographics, it's full of Huckabee's social conservatives, McCain/Romney's moderates, and Lindsey Graham's foreign policy hawks. IMO I don't think it will be within reach and it will probably be more of a matter of trying to create low expectations and then exceeding them. Which can still be worth a lot. I'm not suggesting at all that we don't try, but I just don't see it happening