PDA

View Full Version : ADAM KOKESH UPDATE jan. 13th

JK/SEA
01-13-2014, 01:48 PM
From Adams Facebook page.

''I have to go back to court in Washington, DC on January 17th and could be sentenced to up to 7.5 years. It would really mean a lot to me to have you standing behind me on this most important day. I'll be outside the courthouse at 8am and would love to meet everyone who supported me while I was locked up. If you have it please wear AVTM gear, if not, anything black and yellow!

If you can't be there, please like this page and check back in for a big announcement regardless of the outcome.

The hearing itself is scheduled for 10:15 in courtroom 112, but that is subject to change. The date is not.''

kcchiefs6465
01-13-2014, 08:18 PM
No words of prayer?

May he stay "free" and prosper.

The fuck is wrong with people that they can't even offer someone who has committed no crime, facing 7.5 years, an obligatory prayer for justice?

If you happen to read this, Adam, keep strong.

Fucking Nazis.

fr33
01-13-2014, 08:47 PM
No words of prayer?

The fuck is wrong with people that they can't even offer someone who has committed no crime, facing 7.5 years, an obligatory prayer for justice?

Fucking Nazis.

Be thankful that this isn't youtube. The new thing on youtube comments since his proposed march is to call him a zionist trying to trap us all because he's a jew. Keyboard warriors are both funny and sad depending on what mood you are in.

Christian Liberty
01-13-2014, 08:48 PM
No words of prayer?

Fucking Nazis.

I'm praying. Go Adam!

klamath
01-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I hope he is let off and I hope he puts his strong intellect to more productive use. Good luck.

Feeding the Abscess
01-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Be thankful that this isn't youtube. The new thing on youtube comments since his proposed march is to call him a zionist trying to trap us all because he's a jew. Keyboard warriors are both funny and sad depending on what mood you are in.

It's happening on his facebook page, too.

You're right, it's sad.

kcchiefs6465
01-13-2014, 09:52 PM
It's happening on his facebook page, too.

You're right, it's sad.
Most people here are bitter for other reasons.

Fucking Nazis.

They're not even Nazis they're the neighbors.

People who can't come around to the fact of somebody committing no crime being possibly imprisoned for 7.5 years at a ridiculous cost of over a quarter million dollars, for narrow political reasons as being egregious to any reasoning of "law"... the fuck is wrong people? They apparently, through silence, applaud these actions. And to my best estimate it is because of a mixture of jealousy and disagreement over strategy.

The state of affairs is very sad.

purplechoe
01-13-2014, 10:10 PM
I've been a fan of Adams for a long time and it sad where he ended up. The first time I saw him was on C-SPAN giving testimony to Congress about the terrible things he saw going on in Iraq.

I''ll be the first in line to criticize the Zionists but I don't believe Adam is one.

I just think he went through a lot of stress during his deployment in Iraq. That would explain his youtubes of drug consumption, which he probably used as a safer alternative in dealing with some issues rather than taking some government approved, psycho-making, doctor approved prescription, which in turn made a lot people within the liberty movement that are more socially conservative turn away from him...

Just because a lot of us are against Zionism, doesn't mean that we should treat anyone who is Jewish but not a Zionist with contempt. Rothbard and Von Mises were Jewish...

http://www.totalfascism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Insane-Jew-Atheist-Rabbi-Anarchist-Adam-Kokesh-Shills-for-the-Jews-who-did-911.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iG-apKgmTiU/SZ_KUvKZALI/AAAAAAAACy8/gFrmPnQkSbs/s400/zion.jpg

MRK
01-13-2014, 10:56 PM
It would really mean a lot to me to have you standing behind me on this most important day. I'll be outside the courthouse at 8am and would love to meet everyone who supported me while I was locked up. If you have it please wear AVTM gear, if not, anything black and yellow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAGLkyxQG0

FrankRep
01-13-2014, 11:05 PM
I''ll be the first in line to criticize the Zionists but I don't believe Adam is one.

I'm pretty sure Adam Kokesh is anti-Israel. He's was raised Jewish, but is currently an Atheist.

Israel's forgotten war crime wakes up conservatives (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKTHrl_L0I)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKTHrl_L0I

fr33
01-13-2014, 11:26 PM
I apologize for changing the subject from Adam to the bigots that hide amongst us. His legal troubles are far more important than this. But it is worth the attention and it is affecting his support. It's one thing to oppose Zionism but it's another to call all Jews, Zionists.

Adam's march on DC would have been the best example of activism we had ever seen. People in the liberty movement that had trepidation over it should have kept their mouths shut.

Feeding the Abscess
01-13-2014, 11:35 PM
I've been a fan of Adams for a long time and it sad where he ended up. The first time I saw him was on C-SPAN giving testimony to Congress about the terrible things he saw going on in Iraq.

I just think he went through a lot of stress during his deployment in Iraq. That would explain his youtubes of drug consumption, which he probably used as a safer alternative in dealing with some issues rather than taking some government approved, psycho-making, doctor approved prescription, which in turn made a lot people within the liberty movement that are more socially conservative turn away from him...

Just because a lot of us are against Zionism, doesn't mean that we should treat anyone who is Jewish but not a Zionist with contempt. Rothbard and Von Mises were Jewish...

http://www.totalfascism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Insane-Jew-Atheist-Rabbi-Anarchist-Adam-Kokesh-Shills-for-the-Jews-who-did-911.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iG-apKgmTiU/SZ_KUvKZALI/AAAAAAAACy8/gFrmPnQkSbs/s400/zion.jpg

Walter Block is also a Jew.

Feeding the Abscess
01-13-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Adam Kokesh is anti-Israel. He's was raised Jewish, but is currently an Atheist.

Israel's forgotten war crime wakes up conservatives (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKTHrl_L0I)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKTHrl_L0I

He's anti all states.

Anti Federalist
01-13-2014, 11:50 PM
The last time I prayed for justice, two fucking asshole killer cops walked.

So, good luck Adam.

If you get out of prison, GTFO out of here.

Maybe Ed Snowden has an extra room.

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 12:12 AM
I apologize for changing the subject from Adam to the bigots that hide amongst us. His legal troubles are far more important than this. But it is worth the attention and it is affecting his support. It's one thing to oppose Zionism but it's another to call all Jews, Zionists.

It's fine, I bet a lot of those same people lurk or post here as well and I think it's an important distinction we need to make between Jews and Zionists. Hell, one can even be a Christian Zionist which does not mean that all Christians are Zionists, etc...

Propaganda runs deep so we need to be extra careful in making the distinction, especially someone like me who is very critical of Zionism but at the same time a fan of Kokesh, Rothbard, etc. Just because I'm criticizing Zionism does not mean I'm some kind of Nazi sympathizer.

Back to the subject of Adam and his legal problems. :)

Adam's march on DC would have been the best example of activism we had ever seen. People in the liberty movement that had trepidation over it should have kept their mouths shut.

The only way I think it would have worked is if he had a big number of people with him doing the same thing which would mean that the mainstream media would have had to cover the event for it to have any kind of impact. It looks like the only people that are even aware of his actions are the Ron Paul folks who are already mostly awakened. I don't see how he was gonna try and get any kind of positive attention from this stunt and I never criticized him before the fact but expressed my disappointment after the fact by how he went there all by himself and a cameraman...

PS. I hope he's doing well and wish him luck...

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 12:15 AM
Walter Block is also a Jew.

Exactly, but there are certain people here who will call you an anti-semite if you say something about Zionism. It's a touchy subject and most people just have a purely emotional reaction to it instead of debating the facts...

FindLiberty
01-14-2014, 12:29 AM
I hope he is let off and I hope he puts his strong intellect to more productive use. Good luck.

yes...

Mani
01-14-2014, 01:01 AM
The last time I prayed for justice, two fucking asshole killer cops walked.

So, good luck Adam.

If you get out of prison, GTFO out of here.

Maybe Ed Snowden has an extra room.

I agree. Adam is a marked man in this country, he has no hope for getting justice or living anything even remotely close to having any kind of freedom to do anything or say anything.

IF he goes to any rally or any protest or is caught jay walking, he will be thrown in prison or fined or attacked.

His best luck is to get out of prison quickly and LEAVE the country. Leave the shackled borders and go to another country where he can continue his work on his radio show or on youtube or online activism. In another country he may have the ability to express himself and not have gov't tools ready to jump him the minute he shows up in public or raid his home.

Any semblance of freedom in Merika is completely lost for him.

Working Poor
01-14-2014, 03:41 AM
I hope Adam does not go to prison. I also hope that he will use his energy in a way that actually advances liberty. His actions have not advanced liberty and has possibly hurt it by taking credibility from the movement.

We have to be careful that our actions don't take from our credibility.

vita3
01-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Best of luck. The man has proven he is not a coward & I respect that.

Feeding the Abscess
01-14-2014, 06:04 AM
I hope Adam does not go to prison. I also hope that he will use his energy in a way that actually advances liberty. His actions have not advanced liberty and has possibly hurt it by taking credibility from the movement.

We have to be careful that our actions don't take from our credibility.

I disagree. He's going after audiences that aren't politically friendly, that aren't established bases of support for libertarianism (or of any philosophy that endorses no government). The division of labor is a beautiful thing, and Kokesh's presence is needed.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Hi guys, I've been out of the loop for a minute. What happened with Adam? What did he do (or, what is the govt saying he did rather)?

Champ
01-14-2014, 11:05 AM
I wish him the best, which probably doesn't amount to much in a federal dungeon.

There is no reason that a peaceful man such as Adam, should have to endure this kind of treatment for his civil disobedience.

All of us owe it to him, regardless of his sentencing result, to continue working hard, being disobedient towards government tyranny when we can, and ending this ridiculous reign of terror by the fed.

If we can't continue what he and many others have started and sacrificed for us, then we are in more trouble than I could have ever imagined.

Good luck Adam.

Deborah K
01-14-2014, 11:09 AM

He's an atheist.

phill4paul
01-14-2014, 11:14 AM
No victim, no crime. Of course that doesn't matter a wit in Amerika. Best of wishes for you Adam. Two pigs just got off scott free beating a man to a dead bloody pulp. Unfortunately, I do not think you will receive the same "Justice." :(

Deborah K
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM

Yeah, they should have. But we like to eat our own in this movement.

Deborah K
01-14-2014, 11:21 AM
There's so much negativity in this thread. Can we at least TRY to attract some positive-ness into our cause????

phill4paul
01-14-2014, 11:24 AM
There's so much negativity in this thread. Can we at least TRY to attract some positive-ness into our cause????

Sorry DebK. Yesterdays Fullerton verdict has pretty much convinced me that there is no hope for justice in this country. I just hope it holds together and I am left alone long enough to GTFO.

sluggo
01-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I wish Adam the best and I hope he walks.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they throw the book at him to set an example.

Deborah K
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
From Adams Facebook page.

''I have to go back to court in Washington, DC on January 17th and could be sentenced to up to 7.5 years. It would really mean a lot to me to have you standing behind me on this most important day. I'll be outside the courthouse at 8am and would love to meet everyone who supported me while I was locked up. If you have it please wear AVTM gear, if not, anything black and yellow!

If you can't be there, please like this page and check back in for a big announcement regardless of the outcome.

The hearing itself is scheduled for 10:15 in courtroom 112, but that is subject to change. The date is not.''

Will you link it? It must be a different page than this: https://www.facebook.com/adamcharleskokesh?fref=ts

Deborah K
01-14-2014, 12:14 PM
I just texted him. He asks that if you live in the area, please go stand by him. If you know someone who lives in the area, ask them to go.

He's got an important announcement to make on Friday, so stand by.

He was a little surprised to learn he has supporters on this forum.

JK/SEA
01-14-2014, 12:22 PM
I just texted him. He asks that if you live in the area, please go stand by him. If you know someone who lives in the area, ask them to go.

he has ALWAYS had supporters in here, the problem is, Adam listened to a FEW asswipes, and judged all of us. He was wrong, and i would stand with him, and watch his back if i could...

asurfaholic
01-14-2014, 12:43 PM
I hope everything goes well with his court date

phill4paul
01-14-2014, 12:50 PM
he has ALWAYS had supporters in here, the problem is, Adam listened to a FEW asswipes, and judged all of us. He was wrong, and i would stand with him, and watch his back if i could...

I would have joined him at the march. :(

Feeding the Abscess
01-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Another update (reposted on his page from a couple days ago):

Just finished going through my "Presentencing Report." Looks like I might be in big trouble on Friday:

"I pled guilty because I wanted to take responsibility for my actions and seek the quickest possible resolution." … For the purposes of the presentence report, a face-to-face interview was conducted. He was cooperative and provided the necessary information for the completion of the report. As it relates to the instant offense, he does not accept full responsibility and is not remorseful in either case. He reports that it is civil disobedience and he believes that it is his right. … The defendant was released on personal recognizance and his release conditions are to stay away from the D.C. area except for legal appointments, report to D.C. Pretrial Services Agency via telephone weekly, and do not possess weapons of any kind. … According to JUSTIS, a juvenile record was not found in Washington, D.C. for the defendant. As an adult, the instant offense represents his ninth arrest and fourth conviction.

… The defendant was raised between California with his mother and New Mexico with his father. Although it was awkward for him being shuffled between his parents, his upbringing was good. He was in good schools, played sports and within good suburban environments. According to his mother, the defendant was always an outgoing and creative child. She attributes a lot of his personality development to his Montessori education where he did very well. As a child he was challenging but very normal. He got along with others. He was independent and as early as age 8 was able to ride airplanes by himself to travel to see his grandmother with no problems. She would like for the courts to know that everything he does is for a cause of his mission to get his generation involved in the political system, because he feels that the worst problem is that so many citizens are not involved in getting the Governement to give them what they want. He is well intentioned but a little misguided and did not consider the full consequences of his actions. He has no intentions to hurt anyone and does it to make a statement, and she fully supports him.

… According to the defendant, he has nerve damage as a result of his June 8, 2013 arrest caused by the police. He has joint pain in his elbows, knees, and shoulders since 2004. He has seasonal hay fever. He has never been hospitalized overnight. His last medical physical was while detained at D.C. Jail; his last physical while in the community was in 2004. He has Veterans Health Insurance. In 2007, he was evaluated at Veterans Hospital in D.C. and he was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD). He is not on any prescribed medications but takes over-the-counter medications such as Benadryl and Advil as needed. He reports that he has a Medical Marijuana prescription out of New Mexico in 2010. A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation is recommended. … The Central Intervention Team (CIT) assessed the defendant on November 7, 2013 and it was determined that No drug treatment is needed at this time, however further comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, GPS monitoring and ongoing drug testing was recommended. This treatment result was based on the defendant’s representation, drug use history and assessment tools used.

… Mr. Adam Charles Kokesh is a 31-year-old male who is before the court for sentencing after pleading guilty to Possession of a Control Substance Marijuana-Misdemeanor in docket 2013CMD10522 (Count 1) and Carrying a Pistol without License-Outside Home Business, Possession of Unregistered Firearm/Unlawful Possession of a Firearm or Destructive Device, and Unlawful Possession of Ammunition in docket 2013 CF2 13002 (Counts 1-3). The instant offenses represent his 11th arrest and 4th conviction. A juvenile record was not found in this area for the defendant. … There is no record that the defendant has ever been afforded a prior period of community supervision. The defendant continues to demonstrate that he is a high risk for recidivism. As it relates to the instant offense, he does not accept full responsibility because he feels it is his right to protest and he has no remorse, as he has a significant history of engaging in staged political agitation. … A forensic psychiatric evaluation is recommended based on a history and his recent criminal behavior.

… The defendant’s criminal history dates back to 2005 and is high in severity, and is a risk factor for the defendant. The fact that the defendant conspired with others to smoke marijuana in front of the White House and travel to load a rifle on Washington, D.C. property knowing that it is illegal and remains loyal to his cause, shows his immaturity and lack of discipline which are severe risk factors. It appears that the defendant goes around callously engaging in staged political agitation without giving it a second thought. And he continues to exhibit this repetitive behavior with minimal consequences. He has shown time and time again that he is a danger and has made a decision not to adhere to a law abiding regimen within society. Since he has actively professed to refuse to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, a split sentence is warranted.

The last paragraph is just a giant pile of what the fuck.

The government will never be reformed from within - this is a prime example of why that is true.

ghengis86
01-14-2014, 06:26 PM

The government will never be reformed from within - this is a prime example of why that is true.

Split sentence as in not concurrent? Judas. They want to send message to the mundanes. And note that it is pure punishment.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-14-2014, 07:06 PM
What has happened to Adam Kokesh is conclusive evidence that there is, in fact, a New World Order, and that if you sufficiently offend its sensibilities, if your voice is loud enough to be heard, if your actions are clear enough to understand, you will be silenced.

Kokesh goes to prison? Guaranteed outcome: his death, by means of another inmate.

The man is a patriot. Fuck what his religion is or is not. American men have not possessed balls of his size since the 1760s.

jonhowe
01-14-2014, 07:18 PM

Agreed. I felt a chill up my spine when I read it.

kcchiefs6465
01-14-2014, 07:27 PM

I know not of many people who would openly endorse kidnapping. Authoritarians are subtle in their ways.

He has committed no crime. This is a fundamental issue of morality. Not only should he not be facing any sentence (and not have been arrested to begin with), the people who held him should be up for indictment and the pigs that violated his home should be paying a settlement personally.

Beat to death on camera? The killers walk. A fungi and racking a shotgun? They want consecutive sentences! The balls on these sons of bitches.

If he gets locked up I will be sending him books on the regular. Granted they'll probably be thrown out but it's the thought that counts. A goddamn shame.

Deborah K
01-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Father in Heaven we praise you for your mercy. Please protect Adam on Friday. Put it in the judge's heart to grant him a lenient sentence, as he believes deeply in restoring our freedom, which has been given to us by you and is being taken from us by the enemy. No one else can rescue him but you. We will meditate upon your kindness, your love, and your mercy. We ask this in your son's name. Amen.

Now is the time when we need to be focusing on a positive outcome for him. Forget about being negative for a few days and only send out positive vibes and prayers, please.

purplechoe
01-14-2014, 08:43 PM
I wish him luck, he did a lot of good just simply speaking to people, he's a very good communicator...

TomtheTinker
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Men like Adam give me hope.

QuickZ06
01-14-2014, 10:14 PM

Well that is a bit collectivists. Has more balls than I do to do what he did, even though it should not even matter. Free country.

Tell him Good luck for me please and stay strong.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2014, 10:29 PM
As it relates to the instant offense, he does not accept full responsibility because he feels it is his right to protest and he has no remorse, as he has a significant history of engaging in staged political agitation. … A forensic psychiatric evaluation is recommended based on a history and his recent criminal behavior.

So did this legal/medical template come straight from the old Soviet Union? Welcome to the USSA.

Mani
01-14-2014, 11:29 PM
The defendant’s criminal history dates back to 2005 and is high in severity, and is a risk factor for the defendant. The fact that the defendant conspired with others to smoke marijuana in front of the White House and travel to load a rifle on Washington, D.C. property knowing that it is illegal and remains loyal to his cause, shows his immaturity and lack of discipline which are severe risk factors. It appears that the defendant goes around callously engaging in staged political agitation without giving it a second thought. And he continues to exhibit this repetitive behavior with minimal consequences. He has shown time and time again that he is a danger and has made a decision not to adhere to a law abiding regimen within society. Since he has actively professed to refuse to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, a split sentence is warranted.

a danger???

So Political Agitation equals DANGER. Lock him up. He refuses to OBEY COMMANDS of the GOVERNMENT. So he needs to be put away...

Can you get anymore clear about how the gov't will treat you if you DO NOT OBEY THEIR COMMANDS? Even if there is no victim, you did NOT OBEY. Therefore, you will be caged as you are a DANGER.

Yet our psychopath heroes in blue can murder rape and steal, but since they do it with a badge approved by the gov't...they may continue.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-15-2014, 12:01 AM

Holy shit - you know the guy well enough to be able to text him? I envy you. I really admire the guy, and have shown his :24s video to friends, family, and acquaintances since he posted it. I then tell folks what happened because of the stand he took. It really opens eyes and minds. May I ask a favor of you, DebK?

Will you please let him know that my two year old son knows who Adam Kokesh is, and that in our household, Adam is as revered as, say, Benjamin Franklin or the Sons of Liberty? And that this foul-mouthed lapsed Christian knelt with his wife and child tonight, praying to merciful Christ that he might bless Adam with a favorable outcome?

The man is a victim, DebK. I'm pretty sure that many minds here agree. Here's hoping he does not become a martyr as well.

Also, let him know we also prayed that the folks who invaded his home and closed off his neighborhood, as though he was some great threat, be infested with the fleas of 1,000 camels. God was always big on that shit in the Old Testament...

TomKat
01-15-2014, 12:35 AM

I have been a Kokesh fan and supporter for years now. He is the reason I do not visualize anarchists with bombs or trying to overthrow the govt. Lol!
Seriously, much respect to him and the bestest of luck! He needs to be paid not jailed.

Occam's Banana
01-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Will you please let him know that my two year old son knows who Adam Kokesh is, and that in our household, Adam is as revered as, say, Benjamin Franklin or the Sons of Liberty?

Adam Kokesh & the Sons of Liberty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Benjamin Franklin.

Seriously. Read Rothbard's Conceived in Liberty.
Seems ol' Ben was a wily, two-faced snake on the make.
(George Washington gets taken down quite a few pegs, too.)

Deborah K
01-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Well that is a bit collectivists. Has more balls than I do to do what he did, even though it should not even matter. Free country.

Tell him Good luck for me please and stay strong.

Collectivist?? Uhh...I think you may be confused about what collectivism is.

Deborah K
01-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Holy shit - you know the guy well enough to be able to text him? I envy you. I really admire the guy, and have shown his :24s video to friends, family, and acquaintances since he posted it. I then tell folks what happened because of the stand he took. It really opens eyes and minds. May I ask a favor of you, DebK?

Will you please let him know that my two year old son knows who Adam Kokesh is, and that in our household, Adam is as revered as, say, Benjamin Franklin or the Sons of Liberty? And that this foul-mouthed lapsed Christian knelt with his wife and child tonight, praying to merciful Christ that he might bless Adam with a favorable outcome?

The man is a victim, DebK. I'm pretty sure that many minds here agree. Here's hoping he does not become a martyr as well.

Also, let him know we also prayed that the folks who invaded his home and closed off his neighborhood, as though he was some great thread, be infested with the fleas of 1,000 camels. God was always big on that shit in the Old Testament...

I'll let him know your sentiments. I've known him since '08 when he contacted me about Revolution March wanting to speak at it. I also invited him to speak at P.A.U.L. Festival, which sparked a great deal of controversy and apparently really pissed Jesse Benton off (since there is bad blood between them). I consider him a friend and although I don't agree with everything he does, and even get pissed off at him at times, I love Adam and I regard him as the Sam Adams of our time.

Thor
01-15-2014, 10:15 AM
That "Presentencing Report" (here is the original - https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/posts/10151826998216260) is so telling of a run away government hell bent on conformity, it is scary...

And yes, the last paragraph reveals just how much they are demanding compliance...

… The defendant’s criminal history dates back to 2005 and is high in severity, and is a risk factor for the defendant. The fact that the defendant conspired with others to smoke marijuana in front of the White House and travel to load a rifle on Washington, D.C. property knowing that it is illegal and remains loyal to his cause, shows his immaturity and lack of discipline which are severe risk factors. It appears that the defendant goes around callously engaging in staged political agitation without giving it a second thought. And he continues to exhibit this repetitive behavior with minimal consequences. He has shown time and time again that he is a danger and has made a decision not to adhere to a law abiding regimen within society. Since he has actively professed to refuse to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, a split sentence is warranted.

So if you want to "remain loyal to your cause", which in fact takes discipline and maturity, they say you "are immature and lack discipline" - to conform to their pretense.

"staged political AGITATION" is wrong... and it is assumed to be knee jerk because you are crazy for not conforming when you don't "give it a second thought." No agitators / non conformists are allowed in a "free" society.

"minimal consequences" for repetitive behaviors are not enough..... Animals need reinforcement in their training and more severe correction if the current training is not enough.

"he is a danger"

In Summary:

Repetitive staged political agitation is a danger to the law abiding regimen within society. He will not be broken to the demands and commands of a government as the minimal consequences are not enough. We must increase the punishment to obtain complete servitude in our "free" society.

You are as free as we tell you you are....

Deborah K
01-15-2014, 10:55 AM
This is the Adam I know and love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBv6WhejGQ

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Adam Kokesh & the Sons of Liberty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Benjamin Franklin.

Seriously. Read Rothbard's Conceived in Liberty.
Seems ol' Ben was a wily, two-faced snake on the make.
(George Washington gets taken down quite a few pegs, too.)

Ok, thanks, I will. One of the reasons I love it here so much is that folks like you help me to become more educated. College isn't going to teach me this stuff. I'd like to think that I've studied Franklin - read his letters, several biographies, source documents - but saying I can't learn more is, well, ignorant. So, genuinely, thank you. I will look that up. I have come to view Franklin as a very flawed man to say the least, but one who was always open to new ideas and interpretations of old ones. In those regards, I can see parallels between Kokesh and Franklin.

But come to think of it, lumping Kokesh, Franklin, and the Sons of Liberty together might not have been the brightest thought I had yesterday. I can't see Franklin donning a costume and chucking tea into the harbor, but I do know that he sanctioned piracy against the British in the course of the Revolution, as we had no navy to speak of. He was always willing to bend, or ignore outright, accepted social mores and conventions. Ah...maybe all this talk belongs in a different thread - after I've brought myself up to speed! :-)

LibertyEagle
01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
I'll let him know your sentiments. I've known him since '08 when he contacted me about Revolution March wanting to speak at it. I also invited him to speak at P.A.U.L. Festival, which sparked a great deal of controversy and apparently really pissed Jesse Benton off (since there is bad blood between them). I consider him a friend and although I don't agree with everything he does, and even get pissed off at him at times, I love Adam and I regard him as the Sam Adams of our time.

I wasn't going to say a thing in this thread, Deb, but that wasn't when it started and you know it. Adam blamed losing his internet TV show with RT on Benton; instead of holding his own butt accountable. Then, he proceeded to start attacking everyone in Ron's campaign and in the end, participated in attacking Ron himself. I will stop there.

That said, I do hope he gets out of this mess he is in. He certainly doesn't deserve to be in prison.

mczerone
01-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Doesn't he have an account here? Why would he be surprised?

Adam Kokesh
01-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all the support, everyone! The Independence Day action was successful beyond my wildest dreams and we were able to reach millions through the mainstream media coverage on Fox, CNN, and an absurd amount of coverage on local TV. Every time I went to court (at least a dozen times) while I was locked up, they played the original video and lots of inmates saw it. I did, however, naively underestimate the potential costs to myself, but I'm happy to pay the price for such powerful outreach. The greatest cost was not going to jail (it was far easier than combat in Fallujah in 2004) but being abandoned and betrayed by those who I thought had my back. I was openly attacked by many self-proclaimed liberty enthusiasts and my team stole my legal defense fund, (about $25k in donations) lied to the public in my name, stole all the money from my personal bank account, (a few $k) got me evicted from my home and caused damages for which I owed my landlord $24k, then stole most of my valuable personal possessions including paintings, tapestries, and a rug from Iraq, irreplaceable family heirlooms, and computers and other studio equipment. Since my TV show was cancelled, I've never taken a salary from AVTM because everything possible was reinvested into the business, in many ways poorly due to the problems with my business plan which have been addressed in my plans for relaunch. Forgive me for collectivizing the members of RPF, but I've never been so slandered and consistently demeaned by any other part of the movement and haven't checked in here for a long time. (Even now, LibertyEagle has to jump in and lie about what I've said. I would think such an esteemed member of this community would have a little more commitment to the truth, especially repping "Paleoconservative.") I only saw this thread because Deborah K asked me to read it. If you want to support me, please get people to come out Friday, and if you can't be there, be ready to share an announcement about relaunching AVTM or donate today at adamvstheman.com (http://adamvstheman.com/invest).

coastie
01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all the support, everyone! The Independence Day action was successful beyond my wildest dreams and we were able to reach millions through the mainstream media coverage on Fox, CNN, and an absurd amount of coverage on local TV. Every time I went to court (at least a dozen times) while I was locked up, they played the original video and lots of inmates saw it. I did, however, naively underestimate the potential costs to myself, but I'm happy to pay the price for such powerful outreach. The greatest cost was not going to jail (it was far easier than combat in Fallujah in 2004) but being abandoned and betrayed by those who I thought had my back. I was openly attacked by many self-proclaimed liberty enthusiasts and my team stole my legal defense fund, (about $25k in donations) lied to the public in my name, stole all the money from my personal bank account, (a few $k) got me evicted from my home and caused damages for which I owed my landlord $24k, then stole most of my valuable personal possessions including paintings, tapestries, and a rug from Iraq, irreplaceable family heirlooms, and computers and other studio equipment. Since my TV show was cancelled, I've never taken a salary from AVTM because everything possible was reinvested into the business, in many ways poorly due to the problems with my business plan which have been addressed in my plans for relaunch. Forgive me for collectivizing the members of RPF, but I've never been so slandered and consistently demeaned by any other part of the movement and haven't checked in here for a long time. (Even now, LibertyEagle has to jump in and lie about what I've said. I would think such an esteemed member of this community would have a little more commitment to the truth, especially reaping "Paleoconservative.") I only saw this thread because Deborah K asked me to read it. If you want to support me, please get people to come out Friday, and if you can't be there, be ready to share an announcement about relaunching AVTM or donate today at adamvstheman.com (http://adamvstheman.com/invest).

The Man, The Myth - The Legend is amongst us!

Stay strong man, I can't be there this week.

THANK YOU

Deborah K
01-15-2014, 01:15 PM
I wasn't going to say a thing in this thread, Deb, but that wasn't when it started and you know it. Adam blamed losing his internet TV show with RT on Benton; instead of holding his own butt accountable. Then, he proceeded to start attacking everyone in Ron's campaign and in the end, participated in attacking Ron himself. I will stop there.

That said, I do hope he gets out of this mess he is in. He certainly doesn't deserve to be in prison.

I never even implied, that it started then. Sorry you took it that way.

LibertyEagle
01-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Hello Adam. There were no lies in what I said. I remembering being very sad that you would stoop so low. I had admired you at one point.

I wish you well.

Deborah K
01-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Doesn't he have an account here? Why would he be surprised?

You really have to ask that? Haven't you ever noticed how viciously he gets attacked here, at times?

JK/SEA
01-15-2014, 01:19 PM
I am honored that Adam Kokesh, modern day Patriot, would respond in a thread i posted in....honored doesn't describe my feelings at this time.

Thankyou Adam. Even though i live in the Seattle area, and it would be difficult to meet you, i hope to shake your hand someday.

Lucille
01-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Love you, Adam! Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Thank you, Deborah, for the beautiful prayer and letting Adam know that he has friends and admirers here.

Adam Kokesh
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
If there were no lies, I'm sorry that you are so badly misinformed. Please do better research before leveling such accusations.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Well, hot damn, Adam Kokesh is in my RPFs. I can't speak for all of us here, I speak only for myself: I'm humbled by the fact that you're here. My father always told me that the pioneers catch the arrows, and damn, was he ever right. What's happened to you is wrong, Adam. I hope you remain free, and I hope you plan to appeal a negative outcome. I almost feel like I'm speaking above my station...I'm just a dude from flyover country.

I only recently came to understand you entered a guilty plea. May I ask you to please expand on your reasons why? (I know, I know, it was on fucking Youtube, but this is the American "Justice" system, after all...) May I further ask that you speak to us RPFers about this Jesse Benton thing? In your debate with Webster Tarpley, you expressed a belief that his presence in the movement was due to an outside influence, or a desire from outside the movement to disrupt it; I'd sure like to hear more about that in this thread. (Unless that exists somewhere else on the web, in that case, can anyone steer me in that direction?)

Root
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Good luck Adam. Keep your principles! Fuck the man.

LibertyEagle
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
If there were no lies, I'm sorry that you are so badly misinformed. Please do better research before leveling such accusations.

What I heard came out of your own mouth, Adam.

JK/SEA
01-15-2014, 01:31 PM

c'mon now LE, the guy is facing jail for actually taking a stand. Does that count for anything?

Deborah K
01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Well, hot damn, Adam Kokesh is in my RPFs. I can't speak for all of us here, I speak only for myself: I'm humbled by the fact that you're here. My father always told me that the pioneers catch the arrows, and damn, was he ever right. What's happened to you is wrong, Adam. I hope you remain free, and I hope you plan to appeal a negative outcome. I almost feel like I'm speaking above my station...I'm just a dude from flyover country.

I only recently came to understand you entered a guilty plea. May I ask you to please expand on your reasons why? (I know, I know, it was on fucking Youtube, but this is the American "Justice" system, after all...) May I further ask that you speak to us RPFers about this Jesse Benton thing? In your debate with Webster Tarpley, you expressed a belief that his presence in the movement was due to an outside influence, or a desire from outside the movement to disrupt it; I'd sure like to hear more about that in this thread. (Unless that exists somewhere else on the web, in that case, can anyone steer me in that direction?)

Adam isn't going to rehash old history here. I'm sure he'd rather put his focus on a positive outcome at his sentencing. I can't speak for him, or to his decision to plead guilty. I just wanted him to know that he does have friends on RPFs, that we're not ALL against him.

kcchiefs6465
01-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Good luck, Adam.

If I were anywhere close I'd stop by to show support.

belian78
01-15-2014, 02:24 PM
My prayers are with you Adam. No matter what happens, know that you and what you've contributed will stay alive in me and mine. Thank you so much for being one that stands up, no matter the cost.

QuickZ06
01-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Collectivist?? Uhh...I think you may be confused about what collectivism is.

I know what it means, not necessarily the right word per say, but lumping us all in one category is a bit collectivist when regarding people on a political forum. But if I am way off I am always ok with being corrected. No need to tell me I am wrong and not help fix what I do not know......

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Free country my ass. What a crock of shit. Praying for you Adam,.

bunklocoempire
01-15-2014, 03:55 PM
I've got a younger cousin who recently began serving 5 years Fed for exercising his 2nd amendment rights and pursuing happiness in a supposedly free market society -not the decision I would've made if I would've been in his shoes at the time -but that doesn't mean he should be there. Another victimless "crime" sentence handed down by a bastardized system that was supposed to protect that right and those pursuits.

Hang tough Adam. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you are forced to navigate what has become an obviously anti-American system of government.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Adam isn't going to rehash old history here. I'm sure he'd rather put his focus on a positive outcome at his sentencing. I can't speak for him, or to his decision to plead guilty. I just wanted him to know that he does have friends on RPFs, that we're not ALL against him.

Ok, cool. I think I can understand why he'd rather not post here too often - the guy puts up one post and gets accosted by LE...justifiably or not. The dude has enough on his plate. The point of this thread is to update those who wish to know, what's up. I probably shouldn't have posed questions as I did. It's all good. He does have friends here. I'd kinda like to know why the guy doesn't have the support of all of us here at RPF, but I suppose what makes us great is that we're not all lemmings.

Philhelm
01-15-2014, 06:10 PM
I wish him luck, but then, luck isn't so much a factor when tyranny is afoot.

ghengis86
01-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Mad props to you, Adam. May God's grace and peace be with you.

Peace&Freedom
01-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Here's more prayers for you for Friday, Adam, and cheers to you for consistently sticking your neck out for truth and liberty, even when it went contrary to the latest Paul Inc. press release. To spell that out more cleanly, we know you didn't lie, Adam, and sincerely believe certain parties contributed to you being suddenly pushed off of RT, and we know you didn't lie when you called out the Paul campaign on its contradictory signals during the 2012 primaries. Many informed, high profile observers from Kokesh to Jones to Raimondo et al were dead on in pointing out these shenanigans and compromises at the time they were happening.

As ever, the future of the movement is in building the movement, separate from one political family or one political party, and in recognizing it has multiple legitimate flavors. Adam Kokesh should go right back to using shock events to shake things up, hopefully with a new team that won't abandon or rob him when the going gets tough. And let's hope, once and for all, that his arrest/court experience provides straightforward evidence that he is not Cointelpro, and not a government provocateur trying to damage the movement from within. Real provocateurs (whom I have witnessed in person at NY marijuana rallies) always set other people up for arrest, while the authorities give the real provocateurs a pass.

mczerone
01-15-2014, 06:55 PM
You really have to ask that? Haven't you ever noticed how viciously he gets attacked here, at times?

Yeah, I guess I'm surprised he saw the hate as coming from "the community," rather than from particular members.

I've always been supportive of Adam, even while critiquing some of his decisions. And I know that I'm not alone in that on RPFs.

I guess I'm in good company being on LE's shit-list.

Saint Vitus
01-15-2014, 07:45 PM

How about taking your own advice and keep your negative/disruptive comments out of a pro-Adam Kokesh thread. Go post your drivel in the Rand forums.

asurfaholic
01-15-2014, 08:27 PM
How about taking your own advice and keep your negative/disruptive comments out of a pro-Adam Kokesh thread. Go post your drivel in the Rand forums.

Hey you ... why'd you neg rep me, with the comment "back at ya?" WTF was that all about?

asurfaholic
01-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Kokesh.... I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers for a long time now. Some people look to distance themselves from activism that they do not agree with, but my experience here tells me that there are many more who support you and everything you are doing. I hope that you find a way to get what is yours back, and begin a new chapter. You can only go UP from here.

Saint Vitus
01-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Hey you ... why'd you neg rep me, with the comment "back at ya?" WTF was that all about?

You negative repped me first.

Anti Federalist
01-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Good luck brother...nothing worse than being betrayed and backstabbed by those who you thought were friends.

GTFO and let it burn...it's not worth it.

Thanks for all the support, everyone! The Independence Day action was successful beyond my wildest dreams and we were able to reach millions through the mainstream media coverage on Fox, CNN, and an absurd amount of coverage on local TV. Every time I went to court (at least a dozen times) while I was locked up, they played the original video and lots of inmates saw it. I did, however, naively underestimate the potential costs to myself, but I'm happy to pay the price for such powerful outreach. The greatest cost was not going to jail (it was far easier than combat in Fallujah in 2004) but being abandoned and betrayed by those who I thought had my back. I was openly attacked by many self-proclaimed liberty enthusiasts and my team stole my legal defense fund, (about $25k in donations) lied to the public in my name, stole all the money from my personal bank account, (a few $k) got me evicted from my home and caused damages for which I owed my landlord $24k, then stole most of my valuable personal possessions including paintings, tapestries, and a rug from Iraq, irreplaceable family heirlooms, and computers and other studio equipment. Since my TV show was cancelled, I've never taken a salary from AVTM because everything possible was reinvested into the business, in many ways poorly due to the problems with my business plan which have been addressed in my plans for relaunch. Forgive me for collectivizing the members of RPF, but I've never been so slandered and consistently demeaned by any other part of the movement and haven't checked in here for a long time. (Even now, LibertyEagle has to jump in and lie about what I've said. I would think such an esteemed member of this community would have a little more commitment to the truth, especially repping "Paleoconservative.") I only saw this thread because Deborah K asked me to read it. If you want to support me, please get people to come out Friday, and if you can't be there, be ready to share an announcement about relaunching AVTM or donate today at adamvstheman.com (http://adamvstheman.com/invest).

Thor
01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1075537

Libertarian Activist Adam Kokesh Discusses Liberty, Upcoming Sentencing, and the Future

Video at the link.

Adam Kokesh is no stranger to arrests. The Libertarian activist has been arrested over 30 times for activities related to what he sees as an overbearing government. A veteran of the Iraq war, he began his battle for liberty on the homefront where he has participated in a series of protests including civil disobedience. Earlier this year, he was arrested for being filmed loading a shotgun in Washington DC and faces sentencing on January 17th. He faces charges related to guns and drugs, both of which he has included in his public acts of civil disobedience.

With his sentencing coming soon, I wanted to give him a chance to speak for himself. While many members of the media may report on him and speculate, I gave him a chance to speak directly to his audience and describe himself, his action and his ideals.

Produced and Edited by Ford Fischer
Filmed by Trey Yingst
Featuring Adam Kokesh
http://adamvstheman.com/

Occam's Banana
01-15-2014, 09:02 PM
I can't see Franklin donning a costume and chucking tea into the harbor, but I do know that he sanctioned piracy against the British in the course of the Revolution, as we had no navy to speak of. He was always willing to bend, or ignore outright, accepted social mores and conventions. Ah...maybe all this talk belongs in a different thread - after I've brought myself up to speed! :-)

Franklin is definitely an interesting fellow - with "interesting" being very different from "admirable." As Rothbard noted, he always had his eye on the "main chance" - he excelled at self-promotion, cronyism, detecting the quarter of the wind, and maneuvering to put himself in position to maximize his gains. He was, in other words, a "playa" ...

And you are definitely correct about Franklin not "donning a costume and chucking tea into the harbor." Quite the opposite, in fact:

To compound the irony, Franklin, at the same time, was sending his stern Tory disapproval of the the Tea Party to the Massachusetts Committee of Correpsondence. Franklin denounced the extremism of destroying what he chose to call "private property" - a designation that surely stretched the concept of "private" to the breaking point. Franklin also vainly demanded that Massachusetts repair the damages and pay compensation to the [East India Company].

IOW: Benjamin Franklin was certainly no Adam Kokesh ... /end-thread-derailment

LibertyEagle
01-15-2014, 09:04 PM

Here's the difference. This isn't the Adam Kokesh subforum.

c'mon now LE, the guy is facing jail for actually taking a stand. Does that count for anything?

Absolutely it does. What I said was in response to his comment. Regardless of our disagreements, I certainly don't want him in jail and I will be praying for him.

asurfaholic
01-15-2014, 09:09 PM
You negative repped me first, hence the "back at ya". Admittedly pretty petty on my part:toady:

aha I found what I negged you for...

Doesn't surprise me, he's closer ideologically to McCain than to Ron Paul. But he doesn't mind using us for our $$$$$$$

That deserves MORE than just negative reps. What a horrible untrue thing to say. Nobody is perfect, but Rand closer to McCain? Jeeze I'd neg it again if I could, and encourage others to do the same.

RickyJ
01-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Even if he is a Zionist, which I don't think he is, I still support him here. No one should have to go to jail for that long for merely having some weed in their house.

RickyJ
01-15-2014, 09:19 PM
He's an atheist.

That's sad. It is better than following the Talmud, but sad that one does not believe in God.

jjdoyle
01-15-2014, 09:32 PM

I doubt it, knowing your post history and claims you never back up. You probably heard about it from the same bullcrap campaign source that fed you line of bull that you apparently ate up as truth, saying the campaign ended with virtually zero cash-on-hand. Then went around thinking that stupidity and lie was the truth, when in fact they ended with more than a million cash-on-hand.

Notice how you can't just sit by and let something go that bothered you? Instead, you gotta repeat something like a broken record. Why? You ever going to move forward? LOL! I guess you like trying to defend a lying campaign and those involved, from criticisms? Or, act like it doesn't deserve many, many, many criticisms, until we get answers.

No, instead let's defend campaign staffers, that agreed to help Mitt Romney win the nomination, using Ron Paul 2012 supporters' money and time, because they are above "attacks" or criticisms that were probably 100% legitimate?

And you think Ron Paul 2012 was a beacon of honesty and liberty, and didn't sell supporters out to Mitt Romney's campaign before Michigan? So what, fine campaign staffers like Jesse Benton and others could keep jobs? Is Ron Paul 2012 and those involved with it, beyond legitimate criticism? For some, apparently yes.

Ron Paul 2012 deserves/deserved criticism, because they lied to supporters for months. They helped Mitt Romney win the nomination, as has been explained before. They helped destroy forward momentum, with their own actions and behind-the-curtain secret deals like what they did with the Romney campaign. Now, what email did Ron supposedly send about throwing in the towel that you mentioned? When was it? Oh right, another claim that you can't/won't back up?

I noticed you didn't actually dispute what was said by Penny Langford-Freeman, did you? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4DdfSGiFs) I mean, first it was supporters stating the obvious DURING the campaign, then it was Mrs. Freeman, then Doug Wead came out and said it straight up. I don't think it takes a Captain Obvious to point out Ron Paul 2012 was dishonest with supporters, from the moment they agreed to not attack Mitt Romney and instead help him win the nomination. And who was in charge? Jesse?

So, please, let's not act like Adam or anybody else questioning things about Ron Paul 2012, and saying it was a complete fraud, is a reason to have issues with them. If anything, knowing how Ron Paul 2012 betrayed supporters with a deal with Romney 2012, would you really question Adam's claims that somebody might have gotten him fired from the campaign at RT? The staffers with Ron Paul 2012 were not worried an ounce about supporters, other than for their money.

As for Adam, I hope you get some leniency with maybe something like community service, and I thank you for doing interviews with people like Penny Langford-Freeman over the years, and trying to shine some light on what was a dishonest campaign.

Feeding the Abscess
01-15-2014, 09:39 PM

Adam gets some pub from a CNN contributor.

JK/SEA
01-15-2014, 10:34 PM

Adam gets some pub from a CNN contributor.

Thanks for the link.

angelatc
01-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Men like Adam give me hope.

That's why they have to take him out.

Mani
01-15-2014, 10:50 PM

Dear Adam,

I'm really proud and in awe of all your accomplishments and sacrifices. You have walked the walk and tried to make a difference, and I appreciate all the freedoms you've sacrificed in order to show us what Tyranny looks like. Good luck to you.

I'd rather you not become a martyr and I think you can do more good and keep up your activism residing in a country where you are not a marked man. I do feel you should consider leaving the country after your court dealings are concluded.

Snowden is still able to have an impact here, and I think you could still as well. You could still be active online and still be a voice and yet still enjoy some freedoms on the outside. Here in the U.S. you've ripped off the mask and shown the true colors of this gov't and they will never forgive you. Even if you serve time, once you get out, you will still be marked, and always be subjected to raids (with or without justification) and arrested for leaving your shoes untied, you'd have a better voice elsewhere, where a SWAT team wasn't on standby 24/7.

Good luck to you, and thank you for your sacrifices.

regards,

Mani

TomtheTinker
01-16-2014, 03:06 AM
"To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal." Malcolm X

HOLLYWOOD
01-16-2014, 05:40 AM

Adam gets some pub from a CNN contributor.Did everyone vote this article's feedback up to promote it onto CNN main?

http://kwout.com/cutout/y/gi/52/ukn_bor.jpg
Libertarian Activist Adam Kokesh Discusses Liberty, Upcoming Sentencing, and the Future - CNN iReport (http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1075537)

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Wasn't a forum member in here close to Adam...Ron Paul Hawaii...i think?..

Haven't seen him post in here for awhile.

belian78
01-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Wasn't a forum member in here close to Adam...Ron Paul Hawaii...i think?..

Haven't seen him post in here for awhile.
Besides myself and you and a few other stalwarts, most of the old guard left during the last campaign when it was painfully clear the campaign staff wasn't going to actually try to win.

jmdrake
01-16-2014, 10:50 AM
I did. Thanks.

Did everyone vote this article's feedback up to promote it onto CNN main?

http://kwout.com/cutout/y/gi/52/ukn_bor.jpg
Libertarian Activist Adam Kokesh Discusses Liberty, Upcoming Sentencing, and the Future - CNN iReport (http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1075537)

ClydeCoulter
01-16-2014, 11:30 AM
I did. Thanks.

I don't have an account there, but shared and tweeted. I see the views are going up and so are the shares. :)

jmdrake
01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
I don't have an account there, but shared and tweeted. I see the views are going up and so are the shares. :)

I used a throwaway account and signed up just to vote. Come on. Back in the day we were the best swarm voters on the planet. ;)

Deborah K
01-16-2014, 12:14 PM
I used a throwaway account and signed up just to vote. Come on. Back in the day we were the best swarm voters on the planet. ;)

I signed up and even let CNN post it to my facebook. Fuck it. Here's what I wrote on their site:

The message that Adam Kokesh is sharing with us is very clear - we are systematically losing our freedom in this country. And, if we don't rise up and be heard, there will come a day when even our ability to be heard will be illegal. He's already proven through civil disobedience that the 2nd amendment is under attack. Free speech and the right to bear arms is on the way out. Our 4th amendment is gone via checkpoints, the NSA, and the TSA. Do we really want our children growing up with no concept of privacy? No ability to speak out? And no way to defend themselves? Because, that's where we're headed without people like Adam. We're losing the very principles upon which this country was founded.

Please vote it up. Like John said: Swarm it!

01-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I don't think what Adam did was a good idea. But I hope that he is able to get this resolved and get his life together.

I don't think a long prison sentence would be for the public good or good for Adam's mental state.

My opinion is give him time served and lesson learned for all.

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 02:37 PM
I don't think what Adam did was a good idea. But I hope that he is able to get this resolved and get his life together.

I don't think a long prison sentence would be for the public good or good for Adam's mental state.

My opinion is give him time served and lesson learned for all.

aaand what 'lesson' is that?

01-16-2014, 02:39 PM

I doesn't really matter. You'll just spew hate no matter what I answer. I don't think the feds should lock Adam up. Let it go.

Todd
01-16-2014, 02:44 PM
I hope there is a tremendous show of support for Adam tomorrow.

You know regardless what some think of Adam, I would rather have to work out the differences we all might have with 535 Adams than deal with the problems that the current band of 535 give to us daily.

Just food for thought about how people should put this in perspective with who the real enemy is

Thor
01-16-2014, 02:45 PM

You must always play by the rules. Even the 80,000 pages of new rules, regulations and notices filed in the 2013 Federal Register. Come on... By the rule book man, every step of the way. (sarc)

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 02:48 PM
I doesn't really matter. You'll just spew hate no matter what I answer. I don't think the feds should lock Adam up. Let it go.

hate?...what hate?

i'm motivated by fear. Fear for my family, myself, everyone in here, including you.

Repeat the phrase..'.tyranny is here' a few hundred times, then perhaps you will soon understand where Kokesh supporters are coming from.

01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
hate?...what hate?

i'm motivated by fear. Fear for my family, myself, everyone in here, including you.

Repeat the phrase..'.tyranny is here' a few hundred times, then perhaps you will soon understand where Kokesh supporters are coming from.

Some places. I sure wouldn't live in DC. I can still do everything I like here in Maine and nobody bothers me ever.

mczerone
01-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Some places. I sure wouldn't live in DC. I can still do everything I like here in Maine and nobody bothers me ever.

"First they came for the trade unionists..."

They'll railroad you for something you like, eventually. Better step up your game now, or be left standing alone while people like Kokesh and other activists are locked away somewhere unpleasant.

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 02:59 PM

Some places?....ok...i gotta laugh at that one. You know thats bullshit right?

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 03:00 PM
"First they came for the trade unionists..."

They'll railroad you for something you like, eventually. Better step up your game now, or be left standing alone while people like Kokesh and other activists are locked away somewhere unpleasant.

IF Kokesh goes down, someone will pick up the flag and take point.

jmdrake
01-16-2014, 03:17 PM

MLK's birthday is this month. (I'm sure we'll get some MLK bashing from FrankRep, but considering he defended the cops that murdered Kelly Thomas I could care less of what he thinks of MLK). But here's my point. There was a pastor named Reverend John at the church in Montgomery where MLK eventually became pastor. Rev. John tried hard to get his congregation to become socially active and resist segregation. His church wasn't having none of that. He ended up losing his church. Dr. King was brought on as pastor and was able to rally a critical mass behind him to do what Rev. John tried to do.

Fast forward to Adam Kokesh. He didn't have a critical mass of people willing to join him and go as far as he was willing to go in an act of civil disobedience. CD works when enough people do it so that the PTB can't arrest them all. If 1 million people had marched, armed, onto the Washington mall and had all loaded their weapons on camera, what would the government have done? Now, that would have been a risky move. An agent provocateur could have made that all go very badly. Or it could have gone well. As it stands we had one person (Kokesh) engaged in C.D. so it didn't go as bad as it could have, but it didn't go as well as it could have either.

Lucille
01-16-2014, 03:22 PM
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1526826_10151830446441260_1138072686_n.jpg

h/t https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151830446441260&set=pb.90664406259.-2207520000.1389907264.&type=3&theater

01-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Some places?....ok...i gotta laugh at that one. You know thats bullshit right?

No I don't.

HOLLYWOOD
01-16-2014, 03:35 PM
You must always play by the rules. Even the 80,000 pages of new rules, regulations and notices filed in the 2013 Federal Register. Come on... By the rule book man, every step of the way. (sarc)GUNNY called it out best, all the pages and text in the United States Code, alone, the IRS' 75,000 pages, the changes in laws, regulations, and codes, their interactions each year...

For the average reading and working American, it is IMPOSSIBLE to read through all of the monstrosity of; codes, laws, regulations, each and every year. Yet the rigged US Court system states you can never claim ignorance to the laws/codes/regulations.

Who ever wrote that book "3 Felonies A Day" is dead on correct. They can target ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME... they target Americans for power/control/oppression, they target the innocent. How's that for a representative government?

Deborah K
01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
GUNNY called it out best, all the pages and text in the United States Code, alone, the IRS' 75,000 pages, the changes in laws, regulations, and codes, their interactions each year...

For the average reading and working American, it is IMPOSSIBLE to read through all of the monstrosity of; codes, laws, regulations, each and every year. Yet the rigged US Court system states you can never claim ignorance to the laws/codes/regulations.

Who ever wrote that book "3 Felonies A Day" is dead on correct. They can target ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME... they target Americans for power/control/oppression, they target the innocent. How's that for a representative government?

They love to tout the phrase: Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 03:48 PM
No I don't.

why?

Anti Federalist
01-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Had I not found myself in such an irascible mood here, while replying initially, I would have said the same thing.

+rep

Dear Adam,

I'm really proud and in awe of all your accomplishments and sacrifices. You have walked the walk and tried to make a difference, and I appreciate all the freedoms you've sacrificed in order to show us what Tyranny looks like. Good luck to you.

I'd rather you not become a martyr and I think you can do more good and keep up your activism residing in a country where you are not a marked man. I do feel you should consider leaving the country after your court dealings are concluded.

Snowden is still able to have an impact here, and I think you could still as well. You could still be active online and still be a voice and yet still enjoy some freedoms on the outside. Here in the U.S. you've ripped off the mask and shown the true colors of this gov't and they will never forgive you. Even if you serve time, once you get out, you will still be marked, and always be subjected to raids (with or without justification) and arrested for leaving your shoes untied, you'd have a better voice elsewhere, where a SWAT team wasn't on standby 24/7.

Good luck to you, and thank you for your sacrifices.

regards,

Mani

01-16-2014, 04:34 PM
why?

Life is rural areas is fine. Nobody bothers us. The big cities are more or less lost.

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Life is rural areas is fine. Nobody bothers us. The big cities are more or less lost.

so you think your safe.

bad move.

i live rural as well...doesn't mean shit.

Root
01-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Life is rural areas is fine. Nobody bothers us. The big cities are more or less lost.Until SHTF and people like me flee from the suburbs try to escape to rural areas.

Todd
01-16-2014, 06:35 PM
so you think your safe.

bad move.

Not safe. Safer.

When SHTF, TPTB will have their hands full in the rat hole cities.

JK/SEA
01-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Not safe. Safer.

think i should just relax then?

ClydeCoulter
01-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Until SHTF and people like me flee from the suburbs try to escape to rural areas.

I have said this before, but here goes again.

Make sure you have friends in the rural area and a plan to get there when/if the SHTF.

I know that plans here in my area are that no one, not a single person, will be allowed out of the city into our community. Their guns and ammo will be confiscated and they will be pointed back into the city. There will be blockades, there will be no route, road, country side escape once it starts.

So, have a way to meet up at a checkpoint with a vouchsafe if you wait until it's too late (your vouchsafe will say, "I take full responsibility for the care of and any damage by this person").

Scrapmo
01-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Not safe. Safer.

Plenty of time for me to get to the camp.

RickyJ
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM

I hope you don't think that will always be the case. People don't bother you now because you aren't a good target, when the SHTF you will be a prime target. You got land for food, a well for water, and shelter. That will be like gold when everyone is starving in the cities.

01-16-2014, 11:40 PM
so you think your safe.

bad move.

Not think, know.

Until SHTF and people like me flee from the suburbs try to escape to rural areas.

I hope you don't think that will always be the case. People don't bother you now because you aren't a good target, when the SHTF you will be a prime target. You got land for food, a well for water, and shelter. That will be like gold when everyone is starving in the cities.

If you think just about every household in rural areas isn't equipped to defend themselves, you'll be in for a rude awakening.

Feeding the Abscess
01-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Not think, know.

If you think just about every household in rural areas isn't equipped to defend themselves, you'll be in for a rude awakening.

Being equipped for every day life is one thing, being equipped for apocalypse is another.

For what it's worth, I'm one of those who thinks it simply isn't worth preparing for apocalypse. The chances of everything getting that bad are fairly slim, and in the event that everything does fall apart at the seams, 'being prepared' means only that you'd stave off a drastic reduction in standards of living for a finite period of time.

01-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Being equipped for every day life is one thing, being equipped for apocalypse is another.

For what it's worth, I'm one of those who thinks it simply isn't worth preparing for apocalypse. The chances of everything getting that bad are fairly slim, and in the event that everything does fall apart at the seams, 'being prepared' means only that you'd stave off a drastic reduction in standards of living for a finite period of time.

Nobody is equipped for the apocolypse, except maybe a few extreme preppers in their bunkers. But if you think the average rural household or small town can't hold off bands of looters, you'll be in for a surprise.

silverhandorder
01-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Nobody is equipped for the apocolypse, except maybe a few extreme preppers in their bunkers. But if you think the average rural household or small town can't hold off bands of looters, you'll be in for a surprise.

Argentina is a prime example where your thinking falls apart. Rural areas get destroyed by organized crime. You are miles away from any help. These guys can wait you out, learn your habits and take you out at the leisure.

01-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Argentina is a prime example where your thinking falls apart. Rural areas get destroyed by organized crime. You are miles away from any help. These guys can wait you out, learn your habits and take you out at the leisure.

This isn't Argentina. We don't have organized crime in Maine and I'm not miles from help. Big city people like you won't get it, but we don't worry much here. The rest of the country could fall apart and life would just go on.

jclay2
01-17-2014, 12:44 AM
This isn't Argentina. We don't have organized crime in Maine and I'm not miles from help. Big city people like you won't get it, but we don't worry much here. The rest of the country could fall apart and life would just go on.

Life would be more difficult for you (would be for everyone) but, in terms of safety, you are definitely better off.

Lucille
01-17-2014, 09:17 AM
No word on Adam's fate yet.

This might be your last chance to see me for a long time! Hope to see you tomorrow morning: The Sentencing of Adam Kokesh (https://www.facebook.com/events/629225910472121/?ref=22)
https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/posts/10100202685293974?stream_ref=10

Re the SHTF and where is safer

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2008/10/thoughts-on-urban-survival-2005.html

URBAN OR COUNTRY?

Someone once asked me how did those that live in the country fare. If they were better off than city dwellers. As always there are no simple answers. Wish I could say country good, city bad, but I can’t, because if I have to be completely honest, and I intend to be so, there are some issues that have to be analyzed, especially security.
[...]
So, where to go? The concrete jungle is dangerous and so is living away from it all, on your own. The solution is to stay away from the cities but in groups, either by living in a small town-community or sub division, or if you have friends or family that think as you do, form your own small community.

silverhandorder
01-17-2014, 09:30 AM

Right because when country is descending into economic Armageddon no one is going to pick up a gun and rob some people. Argentina is relevant if you think all people react the same way to economic hardship. So unless you going to show me how Americans are a master race or something I would suspect there are lessons to be drawn of Argentina experience.

pcosmar
01-17-2014, 09:34 AM

you will be fertilizer.

JK/SEA
01-17-2014, 09:46 AM
i'm tensing up. Haven't heard anything yet.

Lucille
01-17-2014, 09:48 AM
i'm tensing up. Haven't heard anything yet.

I started a new thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?441653-Update-Prosecutors-seek-one-year-jail-term-for-Adam-Kokesh

TomtheTinker
03-14-2014, 06:18 PM
I have said this before, but here goes again.

Make sure you have friends in the rural area and a plan to get there when/if the SHTF.

I know that plans here in my area are that no one, not a single person, will be allowed out of the city into our community. Their guns and ammo will be confiscated and they will be pointed back into the city. There will be blockades, there will be no route, road, country side escape once it starts.

So, have a way to meet up at a checkpoint with a vouchsafe if you wait until it's too late (your vouchsafe will say, "I take full responsibility for the care of and any damage by this person").

So your going to steal peoples defensive tools for the action of traveling. Sounds like you may have an elitist perspective over your fellow man.

satchelmcqueen
03-14-2014, 07:18 PM
adam, youre one of my heros. youre taking the bullet for me, and have done so with great pride. good luck sir! im with you.