PDA

View Full Version : Question about all this...

rooteroa
11-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey, I'm a recently party changed Republican in Anne Arundel County... just changed from independent :P I'm a little confused as to how this works... if I goto Annapolis and register I am then able to vote as a delegate for the election? That's all there is to it or what? This is one aspect of our political process I don't quite understand.

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Your local meet-up group organizer should have all this info for you.

bbachtung
11-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Paging inibo!

Marshall
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
If you register as a delegate candidate for your district, during the primaries people in your district can vote for you. If you finish in the top 3, then you become a delegate for your district, along with the other top 2.

rooteroa
11-29-2007, 09:53 PM
If you register as a delegate candidate for your district, during the primaries people in your district can vote for you. If you finish in the top 3, then you become a delegate for your district, along with the other top 2.

Ok, I get it. Interesting.

tekkierich
11-29-2007, 10:58 PM
AA county meet up organizer here and District 2 Ron Paul Delegate captain. All Delegate positions are filled except for one alternate in the 4th and one alternate in the 8th.

In the second district we are making business cards for Ron Paul supporters to take to the polls on election day. These cards will have the names of the Ron Paul committed delegates.

At this point, voting wise, it is best to just be a voter on election day (Feb 12th) and know who you need to vote for delegate wise in your district. You can find the congressional district you are in from your voter registration card int he upper left corner (mine says cong-2).

Please e-mail me via rich at richandwendy dot com if I can explain further.