PDA

View Full Version : Enough already??

KDT1961
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Okay, we all know that the CNN debate was completely staged, designed to make conservatives appear absurd. We all know that the "questions" given to Dr. Paul were designed to make him look like a kook, and that he was marginalized during and after the debates.
The endless posts on the board about a fraudulent debate are just preaching to the choir. Of course we need to coordinate responses and make sure our voice is heard, but I am ready to turn off the computer and go do some campaigning.

Can each of you intelligently discuss the issue's well enough to engage in meaningful conversations with other voter's to argue Dr. Paul's position, and to win them over, or at least direct to the the sources that can? I'm not talking about calling their candidate's names, but to talk about foreign policy, the economy, government intervention in our lives and most importantly, the freedom's that we are fast losing? Have you read the books on Rudy's reading list? If not, drop your $90 bucks at Amazon and get them all. Are you involved in a meetup group? Have you ever stood on a street corner holding a sign?

There is not a voter out there who does not realize that our economy is in real trouble, that we are paying more for gas, for milk and for bread than we ever have. Everyone knows about the mortgage meltdown, even if they don't understand how it happened. Everyone knows that our schools have problems, but they don't know what the problems really are. People are stretched financially, and they know it. There is only one candidate, in either party, who understands those issues and who has a plan to fix it.

I have been able to talk to Huckabee supporter's and rationally explain to them why Ron Paul is the only choice for conservative Christians. They are now either Ron Paul supporters or seriously looking at him. I talked to a Druid priestess about social issues and converted her from Kucinch to Ron Paul. I've talked to African American Obama supporters, and converted them to Ron Paul.

These forums absolutely have a strong purpose, but what else are we doing that is really going to count? This is not a game folks. It's not about one money bomb trying to outdo another. It's not about trying to convince the very establishment that Ron Paul threatens to "give him a fair shake." Get over it already. Our lives, our liberties, and our futures are at stake. The kind of nation that we will grow old in, the kind of country that we pass to our children, everything that we have ever held dear is at risk.

We need to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask ourselves, "Our we doing enough."

Know that one day, your children will ask you: "What did You do in the Revolution?"

Broadlighter
11-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I hear you KD,

I may not have converted as many people as you, but I may have converted a Communist and some other people.

If you listen to what their concerns are, you can find a place where Ron Paul's freedom message has answers.

The basic problem is that most people do not understand that freedom is not just some pie-in-the-sky ideal, it is a powerful guiding principle. Most people want to see a humane approach to governing. None of us has perfect understanding, so we err on the side of our guiding principles. Force is force and freedom is freedom. The more you employ either of them, the more you get.

It's not that difficult.

I'll be out waving signs on Sunday.

Revolution baby!!!

RonPaulFTFW
11-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Just watch his after debate interview.

He knows what's going on and really doesn't care because he has our support.

Lets just keep doing what we're doing.

robskicks
11-29-2007, 07:52 PM
You don't have to do much to convert people to Ron Paul... just point people in his direction and they will like him themselves.

Lois
11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
I converted my cat from cooked to raw food:)