PDA

View Full Version : Somone may be spamming MSN poll for Huck.

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I've been monitoring the response count, which is updated every minute. They poll is receiving about 60 responses a minute. That's pretty remarkable. Not only is it an unrealistic amount of submissions to sustain minute after minute, but it's also uncannily steady. It's also remarkable that a sleep(1) in a loop would cause this always greater than 60 but too much not greater trend minute after minute.

As a case study, I wrote a little script that registers votes, with a sleep(1) between iterations. Guess how many new responses were upon the next refresh....127. That's 120 spammed responses and 7 real ones.

Does anyone actually believe this poll is recieving 60 responses a minute, every minute?

I don't.

Here's the script I used to give 60 votes in 1 minute. I've ommitted a line so the script as is will not function to keep you honest guys honest:

PeacePlan
11-29-2007, 06:54 PM
We don't need to cheat to win polls - bad idea for us to use scripts!

yongrel
11-29-2007, 06:54 PM
FFS, don't script polls in our favour!

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
FFS, don't script polls in our favour!

Relax. It was a test case, and the script above won't work. It's called investigation, not cheating. I submitted 60 votes, in random favor, just to PROVE THAT THE POLL COULD BE SCRIPTED! I'm not going to get on this board and make accusations until I know that a) it's very likely and b) it's frigging possible.

EDIT: Ah, I see, I said in my post above I gave RP 60 votes in a minute. That was a brain to keyboard mistake, I didn't give them to RP. Sorry about that. OP corrected.

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
We don't need to cheat to win polls - bad idea for us to use scripts!

Read the whole post and not just the non-functional script I posted. I didn't use the script to cheat at all.

Lord Xar
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
John,,, REMOVE 'how they can do it better'.. better to make it easy to spot AND then get on youtube...

can your remove your reference....... pretty please...

perhaps a youtube should be in order..

john_anderson_ii
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
John,,, REMOVE 'how they can do it better'.. better to make it easy to spot AND then get on youtube...

can your remove your reference....... pretty please...

perhaps a youtube should be in order..

Done, and I removed the whole script, it would actually be very easy to fix and get working. I'm not that experienced with youtube, nor do I have access to the software to make videos off my screen at work.

Anyone who can do this quickly, all you have to do is watch the response amount and refresh every 60 seconds, then subtract.