PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul add healthcare as one of his issues?

njandrewg
06-26-2007, 01:25 AM
It seems that health care is going to be a major issue for the democrats, if he takes the time to explain his health care position, he'll be able to convert a bunch of Obama and Clinton supporters.

mikelovesgod
06-26-2007, 02:23 AM
It's not a Republican issue. If he wins the nomination it will be.

Gee
06-26-2007, 02:34 AM
He does need to articulate the problem better, though. I think it would help if he described his stance as more being for consumer choice, and less managed care which drives up costs.

CAKochenash
06-26-2007, 03:42 AM
umm the dood is a doctor...i think its time he express his expertise...

gravesdav
06-26-2007, 06:27 AM
I think Health Care is the number 1 domestic issue for a lot of people. I was talking to two different people and the first thing they asked after I convinced them that RP wasn't corrupt was What is RP's stance on Health Care. I talked about how insurance is the problem and a third party payment makes things worse and that's what government will be. And then I said remember how cheap it was in the old days when you paid the doc up front. That satisfied them. But I don't know what would Ron Paul do about health care. How do you get people off health insurance, when he doesn't believe it's the job of the federal gov?