PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think the blimp will fly?

talonferguson
11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Obviously the most Populous Metropolitan areas would be best, and since its starting on the east coast I assume it will be there until at least December 16th, but will the blimp also make it to the West Coast? I'd love to see it here in Los Angeles / Orange County.

Would it take too long to get here, or... what?

Anyone have any ideas as to what it's schedule might look like? What it's route will be, What cities it will visit ?

Talon Ferguson

Tarzan
11-29-2007, 07:58 PM
The itinerary is being planned. Options are being discussed to get a presence on the west coast but there are no definitive plans as yet. A number of variables are having to be considered in planning where the blimp can do the most good. We need to use the blimp to get results in the early primaries and plans are being made accordingly.

The early itinerary and flight route will be announced in the next week or so. Further information will be posted as plans are finalized and we move forward in the campaign schedule. So, the first schedule will be for the immediate future including the first month of operations. Updates will be made as time progresses.

Keep working to win more converts and voters for Ron Paul. And hang in there, the Ron Paul Air Force is on its way.

KevinF
11-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I was going to start a thread on this, but I'll mention it here. I am an expert in operations research modeling, so if you can come up with a list of locations and time windows, along with some basic data on travel speed and required stops, I'd be willing to work on a mathematical optimization model so that we can maximize the utilization of the blimp. There's a classical problem in my field called the "Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP)" which is very similar to this situation, but in this case we'd have the added complexity of time windows yielding a TSPTW.

Let me know and I'll give you my contact information.

Best Regards,

Kevin F.

HOLLYWOOD
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I was going to start a thread on this, but I'll mention it here. I am an expert in operations research modeling, so if you can come up with a list of locations and time windows, along with some basic data on travel speed and required stops, I'd be willing to work on a mathematical optimization model so that we can maximize the utilization of the blimp. There's a classical problem in my field called the "Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP)" which is very similar to this situation, but in this case we'd have the added complexity of time windows yielding a TSPTW.

Let me know and I'll give you my contact information.

Best Regards,

Kevin F.

Would be very ADVANTAGEOUS to have the RONPAUL2008.com have an interactive map as the BLIMP flies it's route?

This will ensure ALL to LOCALES & TIMES...

Someone should serious OPTIMIZE the fly path for TIMES and maximum EXPOSURE. ie: Washington DC, PHILLY to NYC corridor, NYC maximum coverage, Hartford, Providence and BOSTON METRO

Has or Can this flight plan be considered?

Wood

sharkcity
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Well if we head to SC first I'd say Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Spartinburg,
Charlotte, Greensboro, Raliegh, Richmond, DC, Baltimore, Wilmington, Philly, NYC, New Haven, Provendence, Boston, Portsmouth, Nashua.

The I-85 I-95 routes are used by millions each day.

If we have more time maybe throw in Atlanta and after Boston head I-80 west Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detriot, Chicago. I can see us making the local news in each town we hit.

Freaking brilliant this Blimp and money bomb ideas!! Ron Paul supporters definitely are Brightest and the Best!!

cien750hp
11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Well if we head to SC first I'd say Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Spartinburg,
Charlotte, Greensboro, Raliegh, Richmond, DC, Baltimore, Wilmington, Philly, NYC, New Haven, Provendence, Boston, Portsmouth, Nashua.

The I-85 I-95 routes are used by millions each day.

If we have more time maybe throw in Atlanta and after Boston head I-80 west Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detriot, Chicago. I can see us making the local news in each town we hit.

Freaking brilliant this Blimp and money bomb ideas!! Ron Paul supporters definitely are Brightest and the Best!!

campaign cannot be involved with grassroots in any way.

Mastiff
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
It would be cool to have a real time blimp locater though, regardless of whether the campaign is involved. Blimp-cam too?