PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-Staters and the Liberty Rally in Des Moines

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Hello to all out-of-staters coming to Des Moines for the June 30th rally. A few notes to help plan your time in Des Moines.

We had a meetup meeting tonight and discussed the stategy for this coming Saturday's rally. Joe Seehusen was not in attendence, he is traveling and could not make the meeting. Several things were discussed in regard to our visitors coming from different parts of the country and we are very excited you will be experiencing Des Moines first hand. There are many things to do next weekend, and I want all of you to be aware of the different activities you could take advantage of. But first, the rally.

I am aware some of you do not feel members of the Des Moines meetup have any authority regarding the activities of non-Iowa visitors, but once you understand our strategy I think you'll agree it is the best approach. Before the forum begins at 1:00 PM members of our group, and other Ron Paul supporters from Iowa will be handing out a prepared flyer informing the attendees Ron Paul will be speaking at 4:30 PM. We will have a few members posted at the entrances to hand out the flyers and we want to keep it fairly low key. Hy-Vee Hall is connected to the Iowa Events Center which is connected to downtown via a skywalk system. Many of the attendees will be entering the venue through the skywalk, and this is considered public space. Our members will be in these spaces to hand out the flyers. Needless to say the skywalk is not extremely wide..approximately 12 feet, so having several people handing out flyers/literature would not be productive. The main purpose is to inform the attendees Ron Paul will be speaking after the forum is over, so keeping our numbers unintrusive is important.

Some of you may have indicated you will attend the forum. I don't know how many this is, but you are welcome to attend if you reserved a seat through the forum's website. If you do attend, please be respectful and responsible for your actions. It would again be counter-productive to be offensive to the forum attendees by asking why Dr. Paul was not invited, or chanting Ron Paul's name, etc. If there is a question and answer period, by all means confront the participating candidates with their views on taxes. We are instructing our members to do the same. It would also be beneficial to video the event if at all possible. We think it will be interesting to compare the other candidates responses to that of Ron Paul.

[Admin Edit: Location Changed - Please see: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4790 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4790%5D)]

The time for staging is flexible, but we were thinking in the 12:00 PM time frame. This would be a good, public site away from the rallying point to organize and pass along instructions for the afternoon. This would also be a good place to purchase signage from those who bring it. Hopefully Joe Seehusen will be there, but at this time I can't promise anything. Joe will be very busy making sure the venue for Dr. Paul's visit is in order. As we get closer to the event hopefully I will have more info from Joe.

As far as passing out literature to Iowans while you're visiting the city. The Event Center/Hy-Vee Hall is located on the north side of downtown, the Capitol is on the east side. The largest event happening during the day downtown will be the Des Moines Arts Festival (http://www.desmoinesartsfestival.org) (http://www.desmoinesartsfestival.org%29), and will have thousands of people in attendence. This is where I get to spend my weekend. The weather forecast is calling for sunshine, so I expect large crowds.

On Friday night, the renowned Joffrey Ballet will give a free 1 1/2-hour-long outdoor performance that is open to the public at 8 p.m. The performance will take place on 12th Street between Grand and Locust street. There is also an Iowa Cubs baseball game at Principal Park on Friday night, with fireworks! If you attend the ballet, you will also see the fireworks...kinda.

On Saturday morning (8:00 AM - Noon) the Des Moines Farmer's Market is held on Court Ave. between 5th and 2nd Aves. This event is also attended by large crowds, especially in good weather.

Other local attractions include the State Historical Building (http://www.culturalaffairs.org/shsi/museum/index.html) located near the State Capitol, The Science Center of Iowa (http://www.sciowa.org/) (http://www.sciowa.org/%29), and the Downtown Des Moines Art Center (http://www.desmoinesartcenter.org/downtown/index.html) (http://www.desmoinesartcenter.org/downtown/index.html%29). All of these attractions will be open on Saturday, June 30th...and will offer bodies to hand out literature to!

For other events happening around the city, check out this site: http://www.dmjuice.com

I know there won't be a ton of time between the start of the forum and the beginning of the rally back at the Events Center, but perhaps when meeting at the Capitol groups can decide where they want to go and attempt hitting all of them. The arts festival will definitely be the biggest thing happening, but I don't know how it will look with a few hundred rEVOLutionaries descending upon the event handing out Ron Paul literature. There's also the option of hanging out at the Events Center until the forum is over, but that might be a bit boring.

At 4:30 when the rally begins we are going to open the doors to the Iowans who attended the ITR/ICA presidential forum. It has been requested, and we feel it is most productive if these people have first dibs on seats and food. We have no idea how many will be filing into room C, but we hope it's the majority. Once this is accomplished, everyone is more than welcome to join the fun. It has been stated by the staff at Hy-Vee Hall that a partitioning wall can be moved once the tax forum is over. Hopefully this wall will be moved and everyone will have a seat during Ron Paul's speech. Once the speech is over I have no idea what's going to happen. We haven't got that far yet. Hopefully I will know more in the next day or two.

I'm not sure how this would work, but is there anyone who would be interested in being the video coordinator for all videos shot during the weekend? I know this will be a tremendous undertaking, but perhaps someone has tackled this task in the past and would be willing to coordinate it somehow.

I think that's enough for one posting. If you have specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If I can answer, I will. If I can't, I will attempt to find the answer. I have been charged with keeping you informed, and I will do my best to do just that.

Again, we are excited you are coming, and we will make every effort to make your visit to our wonderful city enjoyable and worth your while.

Man from La Mancha
06-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Walk softly(low key and low chanting) and carry a big stick(a nice sign)

Thank you for your advice and please keep us up to date on to how to treat the great people of Iowa properly and for the entertainment your state provides!

walt
06-26-2007, 06:10 AM
literature? You're joking right?

There should be a sheet with a few Youtube URL's like the May 22nd Cspan speech on patriotism.

Dan Klaus
06-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Good job Bryan - seems like you have things well in hand and organized...wish I could make it ...hoping dearly to read about how large and supportive the rally was...everyone have a great trip..

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Excellent. We'll see you all at noon at the capitol.

I was kinda hoping we would rally outside the event center when the forum attendees arrived, but I suppose it's more important that we're all on one page.

You sure we can't have a thousand of us with RP signs being kind and polite outside the event center? :sigh:

LibertyEagle
06-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Thank you, Bryan. Excellent job.

mdh
06-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Heya Bryan, a couple of thoughts...
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a limited number of folks with the pamphlets/brochures (which are on www.ronpaul2008.com - the official ones look nice, I think) going to the baseball game, outside the iowa events center, and the arts festival. Too many people in one place may indeed be less helpful. We don't want to so much "crash" existing events and somehow make them less enjoyable, we just want to make literature available to the good folks. Another thought I had was that it seems like it might be nice to have a contingent outside the events center. It seems like most people will need to enter by the northwest side of the facility, from looking at sattelite photos of the area. Having at least some contingent there seems a good idea.
Finally, getting together earlier just so that we can all meet eachother and say hi to our intarweb friends, etc prior to actually going to work might be a good idea, too. :)

walt, as far as just passing out a list of youtube videos, I disagree. Many people may not have computers, and others may not want to deal with it. Let's give them real information, and direct them to main info website(s) from which such videos can be linked.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
bump

david.griffus
06-26-2007, 10:20 AM
There will be two of us coming in from Michigan and we'd be happy to tag along with you guys. Email me at david.griffus@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Dave

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-26-2007, 11:57 AM
What's the best parking stategy? Park halfway between the Capitol and Hy-Vee? What's the parking like at the Capitol?

mdh
06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I advise checking the sattelite/aerial photos on maps.google.com for the area - they provide a lot of info about the area, the lay of the land, etc. Bryan, what's the address of the capital? Also, have you guys thought/talked about the ideas I posted before? Some pre-stuff meet&greet time strikes me an especially good idea. Thanks!

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Heya Bryan, a couple of thoughts...
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a limited number of folks with the pamphlets/brochures (which are on www.ronpaul2008.com - the official ones look nice, I think) going to the baseball game, outside the iowa events center, and the arts festival. Too many people in one place may indeed be less helpful. We don't want to so much "crash" existing events and somehow make them less enjoyable, we just want to make literature available to the good folks. Another thought I had was that it seems like it might be nice to have a contingent outside the events center. It seems like most people will need to enter by the northwest side of the facility, from looking at sattelite photos of the area. Having at least some contingent there seems a good idea.
Finally, getting together earlier just so that we can all meet eachother and say hi to our intarweb friends, etc prior to actually going to work might be a good idea, too. :)

It is agreed by the boots on the ground here in Des Moines the best approach for the forum attendees is to woo them to Ron Paul's speech. This will be done by handing out a prepared flyer informing them Ron Paul will be in the building at the conclusion of the forum. After the Dr. Paul's speech it would be appropriate to hand out literature and perhaps hold a brief discussion regarding Dr. Paul's views. At the conclusion of the forum we are hoping a large number will simply move from one room to the other, so there won't be an attempt to hit them with more literature at that time. As far as the entrances to the venue are concerned, we will have people stationed at all legitimate enter points, including the street-side northwest corner.

walt, as far as just passing out a list of youtube videos, I disagree. Many people may not have computers, and others may not want to deal with it. Let's give them real information, and direct them to main info website(s) from which such videos can be linked.

In some literature YouTube links could be included, but if they connect to Ron Paul's website, there is a link to his YouTube, MySpace, etc., sites. So I agree, it probably isn't necessary to have specific YouTube address on a flyer.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 12:23 PM
What's the best parking stategy? Park halfway between the Capitol and Hy-Vee? What's the parking like at the Capitol?

Parking at the Capitol is abundant....both to the west and east. I would suggest using the parking to the west of the building. If you don't want to drive to both places, parking somewhere between the two is an option. All downtown parking on the weekends is free, so there shouldn't be a problem finding a spot.

One thing I forgot in regards to parking. There is another art show at the fairgrounds (far east side of town) this coming weekend. I know there are shuttles to the fairgrounds and I believe the Capitol might be one of the pick up/drop off points for this. It shouldn't be a problem tho. The 'other' art show (http://www.artfestmidwest.com) might be another option for handing out Ron Paul literature, but be advised it is in an enclosed building.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I advise checking the sattelite/aerial photos on maps.google.com for the area - they provide a lot of info about the area, the lay of the land, etc. Bryan, what's the address of the capital? Also, have you guys thought/talked about the ideas I posted before? Some pre-stuff meet&greet time strikes me an especially good idea. Thanks!

I agree with mdh's suggestion of printing off aerial maps of the area. It's something I always do when visiting an unknown place. The Capitol can be located on mapquest, google, or yahoo maps by entering the address E. 9th and E. Grand Ave. The complex actually is bordered by E. 9th, E. 12th, E. Grand Ave, and E. Walnut street. The parking lot I'm suggesting is to the west and in front of the buidling. It is located approximately 10 blocks from Hy-Vee Hall. I am going out today and will take a mileage reading.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Here are "driving directions" from the Capitol to Hy-Vee. Hope I got it right. Looks like about a twenty minute walk.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.591179,-93.603869&q=41.591179,-93.603869&spn=0.015,0.025

Man from La Mancha
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Wish I could go. Bump

yongrel
06-26-2007, 05:04 PM
I wish I could go too. Bump.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 05:40 PM

Here are a few images (I'm a visual person):

The first is the Capitol Complex. The Liberty Bell (which was eluded to in another post) is located near the small parking lot to the south of the Capitol Building. The parking lots marked in red will not be available, the lots in green will.

http://photo.livevideo.com/photo/CBB3A19CAAB74CCB896E5D8AA42CF6AA/capitol-complex.aspx

Hy-Vee Hall and surrounding area:

http://photo.livevideo.com/photo/CBD5DF3B7F3246D48F1B3B4344A189D3/hy-vee-hall.aspx

The Downtown with POI:

http://photo.livevideo.com/photo/C942C478371D48198F398F081A748AF0/downtown.aspx

Hope these help!

mdh
06-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey Bryan, is there *any* clue how many people are going to show up? Do you have a count of even just your local crew? :)
I can guess at how many out-of-towners are rolling if you know for sure how many Des Moiners/Des Moinites/Des Moinians there will be. ;)

John of Des Moines
06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
to bump this up.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Here are a few images (I'm a visual person):

The first is the Capitol Complex. The Liberty Bell (which was eluded to in another post) is located near the small parking lot to the south of the Capitol Building.

Ok...the Liberty Bell is not in this location, but it doesn't matter. The south parking lot is a good staging area. We will call it the Monument Plaza.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey Bryan, is there *any* clue how many people are going to show up? Do you have a count of even just your local crew? :)
I can guess at how many out-of-towners are rolling if you know for sure how many Des Moiners/Des Moinites/Des Moinians there will be. ;)

To get a hold of the number, Joe Seehusen posted a blog on the ronpaul2008 website. You can fill out a form here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=16OCg4C1fq5W47gNJo_2bDHw_3d_3d

Right now he doesn't have a count, but will be checking regularly to see if we need to make adjustments with the Events Center.

mdh
06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
OK, hadn't seen that link before... I'm on the eventful events and emailed John and a bunch of other stuff. On there now, too. It's hard trying to pin down a bunch of individualist type people. :D

wecandoit
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
bttt

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 01:07 AM
a bump in the night...

Dan Klaus
06-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Bryan,
I hope that the event is videotaped and posted on youtube - as deperately I would love to be a part of the experience in Iowa, I cannot due to work committments. However, a video would allow people like me who cannot travel to share in the experience. This videos keep me motivated. Have you guys found a video person?

Dan Klaus
06-27-2007, 04:28 AM
;) bump at 1:28pm from eastern europe.

Man from La Mancha
06-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Good Morning, bump

denvervoipguru
06-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Brian,

Might suggest that you or someone else from Des Moines have a megaphone just in case it makes communication with the crowd easier.

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Brian,

Might suggest that you or someone else from Des Moines have a megaphone just in case it makes communication with the crowd easier.

Good idea...I'll check into it. Thanks!

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
We are certainly gaining momentum here in Iowa! You can feel the excitement in the air...and in the email basket :eek:

One final reminder of a few things to consider...from Meg Davis in KC:

NOTE: The Friday night restaurant deal is not confirmed, but we will be spreading the word regarding this on Friday morning.

IMPORTANT notice from the Iowa Organizers:

To all out-of-state supporters:

1) People will be coming to Iowa throughout the week. The Iowa Organizers will host a meet-and-greet EVERY night at 6:00pm until Friday. This will be held on the Capitol Building grounds at monument plaza to the south of the Capitol Building. People will also be available for a meet-and-greet Saturday morning at 9:00am. We will all gather at the Capitol building for a pre-rally meet-up on 12:00 noon on Saturday.

2) Friday night starting at 11:00pm the Des Moines group will be at El Rey Burritos, 1714 Grand Ave, Des Moines. Everyone is invited – there’s a special “weekend only” deal - mention Ron Paul’s name and you get 10% off (excluding alcohol).

3) Please check the Des Moines Meetup Calendar for updated information: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/106/calendar/

4) Please bring video and/or camera equipment if you have it. Not only do we want to photograph the event; we want to photograph the crowd. Ron Paul supporters tend to be a great, energetic force and we want to document that energy. Furthermore, we expect to have some opposition forces (from the debates) attend so we would like film footage of any crowd member (whether ours or theirs) who seems to be inciting or provoking trouble. Basically, we want to document EVERYTHING.

5) There will be many opportunities to pass out flyers: the art festival which is over the weekend, the free outdoor performance by Joffrey Ballet on Friday night and the Farmers Market on Saturday morning. We will have flyers to give out to volunteers. PLEASE remember we want NO controversial materials distributed (see reminder below)

Event schedule and plan is here: (please be sure to read it)

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4408

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

In the eyes of the people we meet, we will all be representing Ron Paul; so it is imperative that we act like Dr. Paul would act. We have a mission; and that mission is to attract the mainstream voters into looking into Ron Paul. If we accomplish the seemingly simple task of getting folks to get online and listen to Ron Paul’s YouTube Video’s; Dr Paul will do the rest.

Please:
ü Act courteously at all times
ü Do not be confrontational or allow others to incite you
ü Use positive, friendly energy – this is NOT a “Protest” rally; this is a “Support of Liberty” Rally.
ü NO radical signs or other materials. Dr. Paul’s campaign has asked that we keep controversial movements separate from his campaign: this includes FFTF; Truth Movements and other worthwhile, but controversial movements. There will be another time and place for them.
ü As a side-note. It’s not mandatory, but it would be nice if a good many of us looked the mainstream part. The Tax coalition and Christian Alliance folks are probably a slacks & golf-shirt crowd with a few suits and dresses thrown in. Needless to say, we’re not saying “phony-up” we’re just saying; let’s treat this function more like a business-type sales call than a summer cookout. Like it or not, we are trying to impress a large group of skeptical voters, so it makes sense to act and dress accordingly.

Lastly, let’s have fun, enjoy one another’s company, appreciate Iowan’s for their hospitality and leave them scratching their heads and wondering….”Why wasn’t this great man invited to our debate?”

nayjevin
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
the megaphone is a good idea, but it prompted me to consider the opposite direction.

What effect would a huge group of totally silent = civil group of supporters have on those leaving the forum?

mdh
06-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Bryan, where at @ 0900 on Saturday morning? We're leaving here Friday afternoon and it's a 13 hour drive, so we won't be able to make the Friday evening get together, sadly.

ARealConservative
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
2) Friday night starting at 11:00pm the Des Moines group will be at El Rey Burritos, 1714 Grand Ave, Des Moines. Everyone is invited – there’s a special “weekend only” deal - mention Ron Paul’s name and you get 10% off (excluding alcohol).

Is there still a "Tasty Tacos" in downtown Des Moines? I used to love that place!

You post made me remember it just now.

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Bryan, where at @ 0900 on Saturday morning? We're leaving here Friday afternoon and it's a 13 hour drive, so we won't be able to make the Friday evening get together, sadly.

Southside of the Capitol...in the area I termed 'Monument Plaza.' This will be the main staging point throughout the weekend until the rally at Hy-Vee Hall.

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Is there still a "Tasty Tacos" in downtown Des Moines? I used to love that place!

You post made me remember it just now.

lol...yep...Tasty Tacos is still there!

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
What a wonderful job you guys from Iowa are doing to make this come together and be positive and pro-active. Wish I could be there.

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Bryan,

Is everyone wearing doctor's scrubs?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Damn, I missed the memo. LOL. I can just see a thousand of us milling about in scrubs. Sounds a little creepy, though, if you ask me. I can't put my finger on why . . .

mdh
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
We Can Do It... We Have The Technology... To Restore The Constitution.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
mdh, thanks a lot. Now, I've got the theme song stuck in my head. Great.

wizardwatson
06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Checklist:

Tan colored Toyota made patriot paraphenalia distribution vehicle - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/dscf2877.jpg

Ron Paul rally signs with 30" stick for $2 each (OVER 1000) - CHECK!
Note: Cute girl not included

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/girlwithsign.jpg

Ron Paul Bumper Stickers 100 for $10 (Over 20,000) - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/dscf2857.jpg

Dora the Explorer Adventure Map Indicating Staging Area - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/map.jpg

I plan to be at the red X above at approximately 12:00 NOON on Saturday, in the parking lot indicated by the red 'X'. $10 for 100 of the above stickers. $2 for a rally sign. Please bring cash or a Nintendo Wii. I may or may not have any Yard Signs available at the rally, if I do they will be $2.50 a piece. I will be driving the vehicle above and will probably tape some signs to it to make myself visible.

Questions Comments on this thread please:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4645

That is all.

Run Ronny Run!!

Electrostatic
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
This just released by the AP..... (Which means it's probably going to be picked up by enough "outlets" to affect the Google News index.)

"GOP's Paul to Crash Iowa Forum"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/27/politics/p113928D03.DTL&type=politics

Note, ABC, CBS, and the Gaurdian are already parroting it... :mad:

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Bryan,

lol :D :eek: :D Great idea!! But I think it's a bit too late...

Keep that in mind for the next opportunity to 'wow' the disbelievers :)

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Checklist:

Dora the Explorer Adventure Map Indicating Staging Area - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/map.jpg

I plan to be at the red X above at approximately 12:00 NOON on Saturday, in the parking lot of the Iowa capitol building. $10 for 100 of the above stickers. $2 for a rally sign. Please bring cash or a Nintendo Wii. I may or may not have any Yard Signs available at the rally, if I do they will be $2.50 a piece. I will be driving the vehicle above and will probably tape some signs to it to make myself visible.

Questions Comments on this thread please:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4645

That is all.

Run Ronny Run!!

Look forward to your presence oh mighty wizard....but you'll be all alone at the red X. We are meeting on the south side of the Capitol, your X marks the spot of a new walkway and is on the west side of the building. I posted last week I thought the west side would be better...but have since revised my remarks.

wizardwatson
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Bryan I changed the photo to the East side of the building (may need to refresh browser). I get that you all are meeting by the monument, but do you think I'll be able to get a car near there, as I will have far too much paper in it to carry the signs somewhere else.

You can comment on the thread I linked to from the above post and I'll edit the posts where necessary. Also, how many people will be around that area. Anyway, maybe you should just PM me and I can call you on the phone, I'm all burnt out on forum post tag.

-David

Suzu
06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
On Saturday morning (8:00 AM - Noon) the Des Moines Farmer's Market is held on Court Ave. between 5th and 2nd Aves. This event is also attended by large crowds, especially in good weather.

Since you mention this I will quote Dean from Jacksonville, Florida who posted on the meetup board about his work at a local farmer's market. I hope someone will do a similar thing in DesMoines this Saturday morning.

-----------------------------

Hi Ron Paul supporters,

Yesterday I went to the local office of the Supervisor of Elections and picked up 100 voter registration forms. I rented a table at the local flea market. Last night I went to Kinkos and printed a Ron Paul Revolution Banner from the files section of the meetup group. (While I was there I talked to a Catholic Priest about Ron's Right to Life record). I also printed 150 flyers from the files section too. I arrived at the flea market at 8:30, and things were slow up until 10:00. Then the people started coming in. I spoke with all sorts of people.

I had 75 people come to my table and pick up Ron Paul literature. I was able to speak with them personally. The typical response of 60% of the people was similar to this statement..... What is happening to America......I am deeply concerned about losing my individual rights.
The easy response to this objection was... That is why you should vote for Ron Paul.... This was a great time to tell them the following answers to this objection... Ron Paul is the biggest defender of the constitution, and he doesnt vote for legislation unless it matches up with the constitution. Ron Paul wants to simplify our government and make sure we are protected by the Bill of Rights. This is when people's eyes got big.... "How do you know that he isn't greedy like the rest of those crooks." Because Ron Paul is the only congressman who doesnt accept corporate lobbyist payoffs."

By this time, the future Ron Paul voter is salivating.... The thought of electing a politician who wants to support the constitution is an ideal to so many people, this is really what they want.

There was a Navy officer in full uniform who came to the table. I explained to him that Ron Paul does not support going to war based on UN resolutions, but he supports America fighting battles based on the constitution. The navy officer immediately grabbed the literature, and I thanked him for his service to his country. There was a sweet old lady who came up to me, and said.... "I subscribe to the magazine American Conservative, and they just had a wonderful article about Ron Paul. She took a voter application, and is changing her party affiliation to Republican.

There were many opportunities. One fellow gave me support money for Ron's Campaign, and I am forwarding that... plus my own... to the Ron Paul campaign. I made some big progress outside of the Internet, by selling Ron Paul to people, shaking hands, and pressing the flesh.

I saw a friend I know who is a musician from a church. He asked me what I was doing there. I told him I was campaigning for the biggest right to lifer I could find. He took the literature and said.... I will vote for him too, I trust you. Oh, I will be out there during following weekends.

For some people, I just gave them the literature with the website information and recommended they research it on their own, to make thier own decisions. We can win people. we can't rely on any media.... We have got to meet people face to face and discuss the issues. We are Winning. Ron Paul is winning big time. I recommend you go to your local community and try the same thing.

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 03:40 PM
What an outstanding way to not get in peoples face yet spread the word!!! I will defiantly bump this.

wizardwatson
06-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I was going to try to make it for the 9:00 organizers meeting but it looks like I won't get there till twelve. I had to count out 40,000 bumper stickers today and even with 3 people helping I grossly underestimated the time it would take to get everything ready for Saturday.

Anyway, I'll be there at hopefully 12:00 noon.

For anyone who might be reading this eleventh hour post I've counted out all the stickers in packs of 50, so it's fifty for five dollars. AKA 10 cents a piece. Also, I will not be bringing any yard signs as I've pretty much sold out of what I had and what I have left I will keep for the local Topeka/KC groups.

I WILL have the 1200 rally signs though.

see ya tomorrow!