PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's awsome poll turnout

Rhys
11-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Huckabee is doing awesome in the post-debate polls. I don't know what to make of the fact that participation is through the roof, other than to say either Huck is spamming like they thought we did... or Huck is real and their members are like us.

The MEDIA likes Rudy and Mit... the POEPLE seem to like Paul and Huck.

Richandler
11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
The MSN poll isn't legit so I don't know what other poll you are talking about.

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 05:43 PM
You can vote multiple times in the MSN poll. clear your cache, vote again. Those polls are worthless.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 05:43 PM
CNBC and AOL

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Links??

Rhys
11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
http://news.aol.com/?feature=20071128120609990001
sorry, just aol then. but? you can only vote once

JacobLyles
11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
MSNBC

http://election.msn.com/

Paulitician
11-29-2007, 05:59 PM
SPAM.

And I'm not kidding someone had to spam it. Either that or MSNBC intentionally skewed the votes somehow. Anyway, I don't care. When it comes down to it, we have more supporters, we have way more money, we've won more straw polls etc. etc.

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
AOL has always been like that...from the very beginning... perhaps AOL users are still on dial-up and in their elder years. As a computer tech, i can tell you.. the only people using AOL are those people that don't know better. Which tend to be those who are less computer savvy in general, the eldest.
That's the only way I can explain every AOL poll as being anti-paul. even when paul is getting 65% in other polls.

1000-points-of-fright
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
SPAM.

And I'm not kidding someone had to spam it. Either that or MSNBC intentionally skewed the votes somehow. Anyway, I don't care. When it comes down to it, we have more supporters, we have way more money, we've won more straw polls etc. etc.

Oh the irony:rolleyes:

Spirit of '76
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
AOL polls are always screwy.

I've watched 'em dump numbers from one candidate and add thousands of votes to another candidate within seconds.

Richandler
11-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Another thing, this is why I said that we as a community need to stop the polling thing. It's very smuggish and childish to link to every poll so you can go vote. These things don't matter at all. In fact by going to the websites you are giving them ad revenue. You a literally paying these companies to give you the self satisfaction that they will only discredit.

JAYCEE
11-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Huckleberry Hound is the new John McCain. The media adore him.

yongrel
11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Ya wanna know why Huckabee is winning the polls?

It's not spam, and it's not a conspiracy. It's that he actually did really well.

He didn't talk about the issues, nor did he establish himself as the most qualified.

But, he did three very important things

1) He stayed clean. He didn't throw mud, and he stayed largely out of the mudslinging. No one was taking shots at him, or criticizing him (short of Fred's video).

2) He was well-spoken. Unlike Fred Thompson, he didn't say "um" every three words. Unlike Romney, he didn't stumble, pause or waver. Unlike Giuliani, he spoke deliberately and clearly while maintaining a calm speed. Speaking is Huckabee's single greatest strength. This is the reason he's being propped up by the media. He is by far the best speaker of either the Democrats or the Republicans.

3) He was likeable. This is big. Viewers walked away from the debate, whether they agreed with Huckabee or not, with the impresion that Huckabee is a good guy. He was positive, he was calm, and he was funny. The "Jesus was too smart" line was a really good example of this. Even as an atheist, I thought that was pretty good. Charisma is a major factor in who the media focuses on. Remember 2000, when Bush was labeled the "Charismatic Candidate"?

Mike Huckabee isn't a great candidate for the GOP. He hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning the General election against any candidate, and his platform isn't gonna motivate new people to vote who otherwise wouldn't. But ya know what? He's being propped up for a reason: He's the easiest candidate to vote for if you aren't concerned about being informed. And that means a lot.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
yongrel, good point.

one upside is, he legitimizes Paul when he says abolish the IRS.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Huckabee is doing awesome in the post-debate polls. I don't know what to make of the fact that participation is through the roof, other than to say either Huck is spamming like they thought we did... or Huck is real and their members are like us.

and why does this thread belong in the grassroots section?

janeuner
11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Spam? =(

RevolutionSD
11-29-2007, 06:39 PM

Huck is also a media candidate.
He's a CFR member and very pro-war.

sharedvoice
11-29-2007, 06:41 PM
You can vote multiple times in the MSN poll. clear your cache, vote again. Those polls are worthless.

True, and that is exactly what they are doing.
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2762

davidt!
11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
In all honesty Huckabee did vey well last night. He is very polished. But people are starting to realise that if you want real change in America Ron Paul is the man.

Revolution9
11-29-2007, 09:23 PM
AOL has always been like that...from the very beginning... perhaps AOL users are still on dial-up and in their elder years. As a computer tech, i can tell you.. the only people using AOL are those people that don't know better. Which tend to be those who are less computer savvy in general, the eldest.
That's the only way I can explain every AOL poll as being anti-paul. even when paul is getting 65% in other polls.

AOL = Time-Warner = Colin Powell = Criminal Cabal Mouthpiece... for starters..

HTH
Randy

literatim
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
True, and that is exactly what they are doing.
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2762

Typical Huckabee supporters.

partypooper
11-29-2007, 09:29 PM

of course it's real. check out his fund-raising today.

ConstitutionGal
11-29-2007, 09:31 PM
of course it's real. check out his fund-raising today.

Must we? :D

Won't you just kindly fill us in?

azminuteman
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
He pulled a Clinton performance last night.

They must teach the same thing over in AR.

steph3n
11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Same thing happened to Thompson till the skeleton just stood there....Huckabee has skelton's in his closet they won't be so sleepy as Thompson

partypooper
11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
we raised 130+k and he raised 170k. and this was a solid day for us.

here. (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html)

ursamajor
11-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I think that you guys are missing the bigger picture here, as well. The 'top-tier' is so washed down that every is jumping ship. Now, do you think that they are going to jump ship to the 'nutjob' or to the nice, 'conversative' former-pastor. that's right, they will feel most comfortable with the pastor, until they do a little research and realize he is neither friendly, nor fiscally conservative. we have a month left for them to jump huckabee's ship the way they jumped everyone else's. flattery, pandering and tomfoolery can only feign interest for so long. new hampshire won't be fooled, either.

merlin
11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Must we? :D

Won't you just kindly fill us in?

OK

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_yesterday.html

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

ConstitutionGal
11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
we raised 130+k and he raised 170k. and this was a solid day for us.

here. (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html)

Thanks! I was afraid it was something serious! :D When the Huckster raises over a million in one day, THEN I MIGHT start getting concerned. Until that happens, I'm not too worried - especially knowing that tomorrow we're going to blow him away - figuratively, of course :eek: and after that it's Party Time!! - Tea Party, that is!

I kinda figure the PTB are running out of candidates to try and shove down people's throats.

They came out for McCain and he bombed
They got behind the Ghoul and, thanks to the Internet, his sordid past got out and he bombed;
Then they tried Romney but the public wasn't buying and even Romney's $$$ hasn't fixed it;
Then, they figured Thompson could be the Golden Boy who the base would flock behind, but he's asleep at the switch and it's evident;
Now they're pushing Huckabee but he's got so many bad policies in his background (illegal aliens and taxes to name just two) that he's not going to gain much traction I don't care how likeable he seems;
That only leaves Hunter and Tancredo and, while the mainstream may eventually try rallying around Hunter, Tancredo's as much of a party outsider as Paul;
so.....what does that leave them? Gingrich maybe?
Pretty soon the only vialble option that's going to be left is Dr. Paul if the Republicans want to beat Hilary - THAT my friends is when it's REALLY going to get interesting.

jt8025
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
On

http://news.aol.com/?feature=20071128120609990001

Ron Paul is in second over Fred Thompson by about 300 votes. If you think that Fred Thompson did the worst in the debate vote for Fred in this poll. This will put Ron Paul lower in the worst column.

I think people may not be reading the question correctly