PDA

View Full Version : What a sick joke! "Marijuana mayhem"

tod evans
01-11-2014, 08:08 AM
Boobus will eat this up and swear it's gospel....

America ill-prepared for marijuana mayhem

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/10/america-ill-prepared-for-marijuana-mayhem/?intcmp=latestnews

With many states legalizing medical marijuana, and Colorado legalizing recreational marijuana, we are about to learn what I already know as a practicing psychiatrist: Marijuana is not harmless and will lead many millions of people into addiction, depression, psychosis, anxiety and lack of motivation.

I support legalizing marijuana, because I do not support the government making the decision whether people use it or not.

I also don’t like jailing people for the same behavior (drug use) that so many of our elected officials have engaged in. And I believe strongly that, in carefully selected cases, marijuana (and other potentially addictive drugs, by the way) can be very useful, medically.

We are way behind the curve educating people about the risks of marijuana abuse and dependence—which could cost us many billions of dollars and ruin many, many lives.
Here’s the big trouble, though: We are way behind the curve educating people about the risks of marijuana abuse and dependence—which could cost us many billions of dollars and ruin many, many lives.

I know this sounds alarmist, but it is true, and we are completely unprepared for the fallout.

Research studies show that cannabis users are at a 40 percent increased risk of psychosis. Research studies show that marijuana may well be a risk factor for schizophrenia, depression and anxiety disorders.

And research shows that marijuana is linked to a syndrome in which people have little motivation to pursue goals and interests that they once found compelling.

In my own practice, I find that people addicted to marijuana can have lives veering out of control—without the energy to pursue employment, with relationships failing, with grades dropping—yet insist that their chronic, daily marijuana use has nothing to do with it.

And this kind of disregard for cause and effect, even a disregard for the broken parts of one’s existence—a new drug-induced variant of the philosophical posture which the French call la belle indifference—may now become epidemic.

There is no chance, whatsoever, that the states which have legalized medical marijuana (never mind recreational marijuana) are policing its use in any real way.

Prescription mills are offering medical marijuana certification to anyone who claims any kind of chronic pain, or any symptoms of a number of other ill-defined conditions. Millions will become frequent users and will become less than they were.

Just as disturbing, marijuana will join Facebook and iPhones and video games in removing people from reality, making them less empathetic and less autonomous.

Is it an accident, a meaningful coincidence or part of a toxic slippery slope that we have a disempowering government in Washington and a new way to stay weak wafting like a smokescreen over the land?

VoluntaryAmerican
01-11-2014, 08:13 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2epkqck.gif

pcosmar
01-11-2014, 08:19 AM
what I already know as a practicing psychiatrist

All I needed to know.

Full of shit,,and full of himself. (is that redundant?)

PaulConventionWV
01-11-2014, 08:20 AM
It reads like satire. "Marijuana legalization will result in everybody becoming lazy and paranoid!"

Of course we now know that's not true, but he seems to think that he can just cite "research" and "studies" (and this guy's a doctor) and have credibility. It's not satire, sadly, but it's kind of surreal how you just never know anymore.

tod evans
01-11-2014, 08:23 AM
(and this guy's a doctor)

That's debatable...Head shrinkin' has been questioned throughout time.

nobody's_hero
01-11-2014, 08:46 AM
And Colorado $tate gov't is probably looking at the tax revenue with finger$ cro$$ed that no other $tate will legalize it. As they say, the cat is out of the bag.

donnay
01-11-2014, 08:46 AM
With many states legalizing medical marijuana, and Colorado legalizing recreational marijuana, we are about to learn what I already know as a practicing psychiatrist: Marijuana is not harmless and will lead many millions of people into addiction, depression, psychosis, anxiety and lack of motivation.

This doesn't sound like Marijuana, it sounds like all the prescription drugs people are on today. And as a psychiatrist, he is probably pissed because it will cut into the kick-backs he received for not writing those prescriptions.

LibForestPaul
01-11-2014, 08:52 AM
All I needed to now.

Hey man, can't you spare a dollar for an out of work psych dude, man!

Someone has figured out their prescription services will no longer be needed.

Spikender
01-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Natural response from a psychiatrist whose false profession built on creating drug-dependent zombies is being threatened.

belian78
01-11-2014, 11:08 AM
This doesn't sound like Marijuana, it sounds like all the prescription drugs people are on today. And as a psychiatrist, he is probably pissed because it will cut into the kick-backs he received for not writing those prescriptions.
Bingo! Give donnay a prize!!!

kcchiefs6465
01-11-2014, 11:25 AM
And this kind of disregard for cause and effect, even a disregard for the broken parts of one’s existence—a new drug-induced variant of the philosophical posture which the French call la belle indifference—may now become epidemic.
It must be true.

Valli6
01-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Written by Dr Keith I blow.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/images/sized/images/news/DrKeithAblow-400x261.jpg

Always makes me think of this guy:
http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/3/6839/76751.jpg Dr Sevrin, Tiburonian

ClydeCoulter
01-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Maybe MJ has the effect of making some people lazy and unmotivated, but when I was 24/7 with it (in my 20's), that was some of my most productive and artistic times.

I did find that there was a difference in how I worked. More focused. When I decided to go to college (at 26) I stopped doing it as much. It seemed that under the influence it was easier to bring things out and into focus that I already had inside, but while learning new things I needed to reduce the use, and I did during college (3.97gpa of 4.0).

(hmm, was able to make the decisions on my own, whaaaaaaaa?)

Anti Federalist
01-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Prescription mills are offering medical marijuana certification to anyone who claims any kind of chronic pain, or any symptoms of a number of other ill-defined conditions. Millions will become frequent users and will become less than they were.

Just as disturbing, marijuana will join Facebook and iPhones and video games in removing people from reality, making them less empathetic and less autonomous.

Is it an accident, a meaningful coincidence or part of a toxic slippery slope that we have a disempowering government in Washington and a new way to stay weak wafting like a smokescreen over the land?

And the prescription mills dispensing Prozac and Effexor and all the other happy pills, by the millions?

willwash
01-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Whatever. Nobody believes this shit anymore.

Dr.3D
01-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Written by Dr Keith I blow.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/images/sized/images/news/DrKeithAblow-400x261.jpg

Always makes me think of this guy:
http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/3/6839/76751.jpg Dr Sevrin, Tiburonian
A Star Trek refugee?

Edit: Yep.... http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tiburonian

surf
01-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Dr. Blowhard needs a bong hit

NIU Students for Liberty
01-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Fox News is so out of touch with this issue, it's hilarious and depressing at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMU7d_zQdhY

ClydeCoulter
01-11-2014, 04:50 PM
It must be true.

Sure, don't you notice that a lot of us could give shit what they think about us? And I'm sure they consider our lack of desire to continue to support their lunacy as a disability.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2014, 05:00 PM
At the same time, I sure hope this isn't another step twoard Idiocracy...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/767091/

Anti Federalist
01-11-2014, 05:00 PM
At the same time, I sure hope this isn't another step toward Idiocracy...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/767091/

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Boobus will eat this up and swear it's gospel....

America ill-prepared for marijuana mayhem

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/10/america-ill-prepared-for-marijuana-mayhem/?intcmp=latestnews

I support legalizing marijuana, because I do not support the government making the decision whether people use it or not.

I also don’t like jailing people for the same behavior (drug use) that so many of our elected officials have engaged in. And I believe strongly that, in carefully selected cases, marijuana (and other potentially addictive drugs, by the way) can be very useful, medically.

We are way behind the curve educating people about the risks of marijuana abuse and dependence—which could cost us many billions of dollars and ruin many, many lives.
Here’s the big trouble, though: We are way behind the curve educating people about the risks of marijuana abuse and dependence—which could cost us many billions of dollars and ruin many, many lives.

I know this sounds alarmist, but it is true, and we are completely unprepared for the fallout.

Research studies show that cannabis users are at a 40 percent increased risk of psychosis. Research studies show that marijuana may well be a risk factor for schizophrenia, depression and anxiety disorders.

And research shows that marijuana is linked to a syndrome in which people have little motivation to pursue goals and interests that they once found compelling.

In my own practice, I find that people addicted to marijuana can have lives veering out of control—without the energy to pursue employment, with relationships failing, with grades dropping—yet insist that their chronic, daily marijuana use has nothing to do with it.

There is no chance, whatsoever, that the states which have legalized medical marijuana (never mind recreational marijuana) are policing its use in any real way.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSmmg-U6QorX5_x5g5bljwb2EmNQjFKkq9uWYq8Hi187GbG248

Brett85
01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Did no one catch this?

"I support legalizing marijuana, because I do not support the government making the decision whether people use it or not.

I also don’t like jailing people for the same behavior (drug use) that so many of our elected officials have engaged in. And I believe strongly that, in carefully selected cases, marijuana (and other potentially addictive drugs, by the way) can be very useful, medically."

He's not saying that marijuana should be illegal, but just that he believes it is harmful and would try to convince others not to use it.

Suzanimal
01-11-2014, 05:22 PM
He's laying it on thick with the Reefer Madness propaganda.
Like Donnay pointed out he's just assed up because he's not getting his cut.

I guess he thinks his drugs are better.

DamianTV
01-11-2014, 06:51 PM
All I needed to now.

Oh, thats why his eyes are BROWN... (ew)

JK/SEA
01-11-2014, 06:55 PM
eff this guy. He just represents that fish you caught and is still trying to breathe just before you kill it....

DamianTV
01-11-2014, 07:44 PM
eff this guy. He just represents that fish you caught and is still trying to breathe just before you kill it....

Coming from a guy that would steal a fish from someone else, give it to you, call it welfare, and outlaw teaching people how to fish!

(havent paid that much attention to Cruz, but not exactly a smart move to make himself appeal as much as possible to the Establishment.)

kcchiefs6465
01-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Did no one catch this?

"I support legalizing marijuana, because I do not support the government making the decision whether people use it or not.

I also don’t like jailing people for the same behavior (drug use) that so many of our elected officials have engaged in. And I believe strongly that, in carefully selected cases, marijuana (and other potentially addictive drugs, by the way) can be very useful, medically."

He's not saying that marijuana should be illegal, but just that he believes it is harmful and would try to convince others not to use it.
Marijuana is by far the safest medicine available in the world. It is probably the safest substance in the world.

There is a reason why our body has an endocannabinoid system.

Snew
01-12-2014, 02:22 PM
zomg it's an evil plant that will take over the world!!1!

eduardo89
01-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Good article, thanks for sharing.