jct74
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KjwlO5Slh8

Terry1
01-10-2014, 11:20 AM

Excellent vid, thanks for posting that. Rand has a great voice, great speaker and he makes sense. I really believe he's got a good shot at the WH. He's got the whole package if you ask me.

Plus it helps for people to see that Rand actually has a practical solution and alternative.

jtstellar
01-10-2014, 11:20 AM
lol nice, i can't believe the white house allowed that, letting people envision a different image in the white house

Schifference
01-10-2014, 11:29 AM
"9 out of 10 new businesses fail"

FSP-Rebel
01-10-2014, 11:39 AM
We made it inside the gate, folks!

jkr
01-10-2014, 11:44 AM
http://regectedriter.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/like-a-boss-700x437.jpghttp://strawberrymag.com/wp-content/uploads/hugo-boss-logo.png

Kords21
01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Love the contrast of Christie dealing with a scandal entirely of his own making while Sen. Paul is giving press conferences at the white house.

Terry1
01-10-2014, 11:49 AM
I can't stand Christie. That's one whale we don't need to save.

georgiaboy
01-10-2014, 12:06 PM
President Paul!
President Paul!

jmdrake
01-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Great press conference! And I get what Rand is doing on Snowden/Clapper. He knows good and well that nothing is going to happen to Clapper, so why should anything happen to Snowden? Classy avoiding attacking Christie. That's our job.

georgiaboy
01-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Great press conference! And I get what Rand is doing on Snowden/Clapper. He knows good and well that nothing is going to happen to Clapper, so why should anything happen to Snowden? Classy avoiding attacking Christie. That's our job.

Yeah, did you hear him reply to the reporter who said 'you're not really comparing Clapper to Snowden are you?' and Rand shot back 'I just did'. Nice.

That little presser had a wonderfully prophetic air to it. It just felt so right.

Jovan Galtic
01-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Awesome! Rand rules! :)

matt0611
01-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Rand looking and acting very professional. In contrast to someone like Christie or Peter King. How can there be any contest?

georgiaboy
01-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Rand looking and acting very professional. In contrast to someone like Christie or Peter King. How can there be any contest?

The calm in the storm.

satchelmcqueen
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
nice touch with the back ground. looks like hes president already. maybe subliminal message to the slack voters? good job!!

Bastiat's The Law
01-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Love the contrast of Christie dealing with a scandal entirely of his own making while Sen. Paul is giving press conferences at the white house.

It's poetic.

JK/SEA
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Christie boot-licking on FOX news now.

radiofriendly
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Kinda mind blowing. How much money would you have to pay (or put a political value on that)to give a press conference standing outside the White House? What were they thinking? Love this part:

Here’s an amusing exchange with reporters starting around 5:00:

“…those who call for some sort of frontier justice for him (Edward Snowden) need to understand there needs to be equal protection and the law needs to be applied equally. James Clapper, by all accounts, committed perjury which is punishable by five years in prison and if you want to throw the book at Snowden I think it’s a little hard to say, “O, but we’re not going to do anything about James Clapper lying to Congress.”

A reporter then asked, “You’re not going to compare what Clapper did to Snowden are you?” Sen. Paul shot back, “I think I just did,” with a smile.

jmdrake
01-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Yeah, did you hear him reply to the reporter who said 'you're not really comparing Clapper to Snowden are you?' and Rand shot back 'I just did'. Nice.

That little presser had a wonderfully prophetic air to it. It just felt so right.

The irony is that most of us here would be like "How dare you insult Snowden like that!"

georgiaboy
01-10-2014, 02:52 PM
It's poetic.

And Machiavellian. (kinda sorta)

georgiaboy
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
The irony is that most of us here would be like "How dare you insult Snowden like that!"

Ha, or "Wait, if it weren't for Clapper's perjury, there possibly wouldn't have been a need for Snowden to do what he did!"

jtstellar
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Kinda mind blowing. How much money would you have to pay (or put a political value on that)to give a press conference standing outside the White House? What were they thinking? Love this part:

Here’s an amusing exchange with reporters starting around 5:00:

“…those who call for some sort of frontier justice for him (Edward Snowden) need to understand there needs to be equal protection and the law needs to be applied equally. James Clapper, by all accounts, committed perjury which is punishable by five years in prison and if you want to throw the book at Snowden I think it’s a little hard to say, “O, but we’re not going to do anything about James Clapper lying to Congress.”

A reporter then asked, “You’re not going to compare what Clapper did to Snowden are you?” Sen. Paul shot back, “I think I just did,” with a smile.

thought he said "i 'guess' i just did" which would carry more of a 'what you gonna do about it' tone but it could be 'i think i just did'.. he does play this thing where he mutes volume on more controversial words so people can construe it in the ways that fit their own narrative.. it's among his natural bag of tricks among the sea of hostility he is in

phill4paul
01-10-2014, 03:20 PM

Rand's got a hell of a way about going about things. That I will give him. It's almost like a comic having perfect timing. Throw something out there. As he did with his Snowden remarks a few weeks ago. Letting things fester in media and minds. Then comes back with a succinct clarification.

Christian Liberty
01-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Do you BLAME us?;)

specsaregood
01-10-2014, 04:18 PM
hah! @7:30 criticizing the sitting president while doing a press conference at the WH.

Bastiat's The Law
01-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Very prophetic, couldn't help but smile.

anaconda
01-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Excellent vid, thanks for posting that. Rand has a great voice, great speaker and he makes sense. I really believe he's got a good shot at the WH. He's got the whole package if you ask me.

Plus it helps for people to see that Rand actually has a practical solution and alternative.

Agreed on all accounts.

anaconda
01-10-2014, 05:11 PM
nice touch with the back ground. looks like hes president already. maybe subliminal message to the slack voters? good job!!

I definitely noticed that too.

anaconda
01-10-2014, 05:11 PM

I definitely noticed that too.

Matt Collins
01-10-2014, 10:18 PM
lol nice, i can't believe the white house allowed that, letting people envision a different image in the white houseThey didn't have a choice.

If you're a Senator, and you visit the White House, all you have to do is tell the press corps that you'll be holding a brief Q & A afterwards on the driveway. The WH will NOT prevent it, because then that becomes the story. Imagine Obama's security guards removing a US Senator from the White House? That'd be front page news and the Administration would look really bad for it.

JJ2
01-11-2014, 03:40 AM

That was my favorite part of the whole press conference. :D

jtstellar
01-11-2014, 04:03 PM
They didn't have a choice.

If you're a Senator, and you visit the White House, all you have to do is tell the press corps that you'll be holding a brief Q & A afterwards on the driveway. The WH will NOT prevent it, because then that becomes the story. Imagine Obama's security guards removing a US Senator from the White House? That'd be front page news and the Administration would look really bad for it.

well cnn and fox weren't there it seems so some damage control was done on the outlet end