PDA

View Full Version : Half of black males in U.S. arrested by age 23, study finds

aGameOfThrones
01-10-2014, 09:44 AM
CHARLESTON, South Carolina (Reuters) - Almost half of black males and almost 40 percent of white males are arrested in the United States by the time they are 23 years old, according to a study released this week.

In findings published in the journal Crime & Delinquency, researchers at several universities studied a representative sample of 7,335 people who reported that they'd been arrested at a young age, said Robert Brame, criminology professor at the University of South Carolina and lead author of the study.

Researchers found that more black and Hispanic men had been arrested as youths than white men for something other than a minor traffic violation. More men than women had been arrested by the time they are 23 years old.

By the time they reached 18 years old, 30 percent of black and 26 percent of Hispanic males compared to 22 percent of white males had been arrested.

By the time they reached 23 years old, 49 percent of black males, 44 percent of Hispanic males, and 38 percent of white males had been arrested for something other than a minor traffic violation.

http://news.yahoo.com/half-black-males-u-arrested-age-23-study-210629624.html

Spikender
01-10-2014, 10:02 AM
When even breathing the same air as an officer can warrant harassment by the so-called law, is this really any kind of surprise?

Larry Hoover might have exaggerated a bit, but it does honestly feel like huge swathes of the black population are being thrown into jail for absolutely no reason. Thugs come in all colors, and yes, in low-income neighborhoods that tend to be mostly inner-city and minority, some of them are legitimate criminals. But many times, caught on camera and with my very own eyes, I've seen people who committed no crime carted off because they committed the crime of being black and being visible to the cops.

Of course, even the white population is catching up in that department, but still they cover their ears and eyes and hum prayers to the boys in blue.

Fuck em.

phill4paul
01-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Though this article is framed as a minority report the percentages do not show a huge disparity. The real "news" is that approximately half the kids are carrying around a rap sheet.

Spikender
01-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Though this article is framed as a minority report the percentages do not show a huge disparity. The real "news" is that approximately half the kids are carrying around a rap sheet.

Yes, I can see that. But most of the people I deal with who refuse to acknowledge that the police are even a little out of line are white.

I grew up in a mostly black neighborhood and saw this sort of crap every week. Blacks don't really need to be told that the police are violent and will find any reason to harass you.

Whites do.

Regardless, they're starting them young now. Pretty soon, they're going to get everyone through the prison system...

And into that neat little database where they fuck up your future any time they please.

phill4paul
01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Yes, I can see that. But most of the people I deal with who refuse to acknowledge that the police are even a little out of line are white.

I grew up in a mostly black neighborhood and saw this sort of crap every week. Blacks don't really need to be told that the police are violent and will find any reason to harass you.

Whites do.

Regardless, they're starting them young now. Pretty soon, they're going to get everyone through the prison system...

And into that neat little database where they fuck up your future any time they please.

Agreed.

Acala
01-10-2014, 10:14 AM

My impression as well. The theme is racial factionaism, of course, since that is part of the MSM agenda. But the stats don't really make a strong case for racial disparity. On the other hand, they DO make a startling case for a runaway police state.

Ronin Truth
01-10-2014, 10:31 AM
That should probably greatly improve the job prospects for the other half.

thoughtomator
01-10-2014, 10:52 AM

And the other half are carrying a house's worth of debt (without an asset to compensate) by the age of 22. In other words, everyone is subject to one control mechanism or the other.

2young2vote
01-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't even know how to get arrested. That takes, like, going outside and, like, doing things :toady:

jmdrake
01-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah! I'm 45! I made it! Oh wait a minute. I got arrested once when I was 16 after a fender bender because my mom couldn't find her insurance card fast enough. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

phill4paul
01-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah! I'm 45! I made it! Oh wait a minute. I got arrested once when I was 16 after a fender bender because my mom couldn't find her insurance card fast enough. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Lol. SMFH. 'Murica!

Christian Liberty
01-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Obviously half of the black people and a quarter of the white people in this country are violent criminals that are a danger to society. I mean, duh, you guys don't know this?

/sarc

tod evans
01-10-2014, 01:50 PM

Just make "prison" a 7th grade elective course...

DNA swabs, prints, once a week beatings....

AuH20
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
When you are raised like this, your overall odds aren't very good. And racist whites shouldn't take solace in this because they are right behind them in the de-evolution process. Society is disintegrating and the mindless police state is conveniently poised to be our "rescuers." Yes, we can laugh hysterically about that statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4foY9sYv4_Y&feature=youtu.be

Ronin Truth
01-10-2014, 04:25 PM
When you are raised like this, your overall odds aren't very good. And racist whites shouldn't take solace in this because they are right behind them in the de-evolution process. Society is disintegrating and the mindless police state is conveniently poised to be our "rescuers." Yes, we can laugh hysterically about that statement.

And if you can't or won't love, support, raise and take care of them you probably shouldn't have had them. No laughing here.

RickyJ
01-10-2014, 04:42 PM
That should probably greatly improve the job prospects for the other half.

Unless of course you are prone to speak your mind about taboo topics that can put people in jail for just talking about them in some nations. Freedom isn't free, if you don't fight for it then you won't have it.

DamianTV
01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
If that many people stick with this preconceived notion that brown people are all dangerous, its a wonder why it was so easy for our Govt to declare all of these unrelenting wars on brown people in other nations.

LibForestPaul
01-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Divide and conquer.
Wont be long till civilian is the new black.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Though this article is framed as a minority report the percentages do not show a huge disparity. The real "news" is that approximately half the kids are carrying around a rap sheet.\

That was the first thing I thought as well.

Roughly half the men have a fingerprint, DNA and biometric face scan on file with the government.

Freedom.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2014, 07:30 PM
My impression as well. The theme is racial factionaism, of course, since that is part of the MSM agenda. But the stats don't really make a strong case for racial disparity. On the other hand, they DO make a startling case for a runaway police state.

Don't hold your your breath for THAT angle to be widely reported.

jmdrake
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Lol. SMFH. 'Murica!

Oh it gets better. The arresting officer could have let me go once my mom found her insurance card, but she had gone home for the night and didn't want to come back to fill out the paperwork. And she was black so I can't say it was racial. (Maybe she was sexist). My brother's drill sergeant left his birthday party to come bail me out. Interesting experience to say the least.

Spikender
01-10-2014, 08:13 PM

This sort of thing always pisses me right off.

Screw people who don't know how to raise a child. They're starting that child off in a negative environment, typical of much of America today. Not going to end well down the line for that poor thing.

GunnyFreedom
01-10-2014, 08:18 PM
They don't have to ban guns.

Make it a felony just to live, and the moment they catch prey straying from the herd, felonize them.

Slowly but surely, they will have felonized everyone who supports RKBA.

Voila; guns are not banned, but nobody who actually wants one will be allowed to possess one.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2014, 09:48 PM
They don't have to ban guns.

Make it a felony just to live, and the moment they catch prey straying from the herd, felonize them.

Slowly but surely, they will have felonized everyone who supports RKBA.

Voila; guns are not banned, but nobody who actually wants one will be allowed to possess one.

Our oppressors are not dummies.

Spikender
01-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Our oppressors are not dummies.

If only we should be so lucky...

Carson
01-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Hair used to seem to play an important factor.

jkr
01-10-2014, 10:52 PM
ted cruz
a-proves