PDA

View Full Version : Florida Man Takes His Friend's Dog For a Walk ...

SeanTX
01-09-2014, 10:58 PM
and you know the rest.

Article is poorly written, and short on details (as usual). "Trespassing concerns" sounds like a BS reason for the stop. A few years back I was stopped by a cop here who gave me a "trespassing" warning while I was walking on a trail in a city park, not in any way trespassing.

His "ignoring and walking away" from officers could have been that he was listening to an MP3 player and didn't hear them, or see them. Anyway, contempt of cop, and another doggie bites the dust ...

The cop is "under investigation" -- lol -- yeah right! It was high fives and fist/chest bumps all around I'm sure ...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/1/9/police_officer_kills.html

ST. PETERSBURG --

A St. Petersburg police officer is under investigation after shooting and killing a dog while on duty, officials said.

According to reports, two officers saw a man identified as 21-year-old Kenneth McNeal in Williams Park on 2nd Avenue North walking a German Sheppard on a leash.

The officers attempted to confront McNeal over some trespassing concerns but he ignored them and continued to walk away.

Officials said the officers then tried to physically detain McNeal but he resisted let go of the leash.

The dog then tried to bite one of the officers who drew his firearm and discharged it several times, resulting in its death.

McNeal was arrested on trespassing and resisting arrest with violence charges.

snip

Spikender
01-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Before I go any further, resisting arrest is still a full of crap charge in my book. Of course you'd resist arrest, especially when the police are beating you on the ground and you can't help but at least try to shield yourself from it.

Anyway, this is really just standard procedure at this point. A police officer sees an opportunity to finally pop a few bullets into a living thing, and sees his perfect opportunity to do just that.

End of story, paid vacation, high fives, onto the next victim. And maybe if he's lucky, it'll be a young man with a medical condition instead of some mangy mutt.

phill4paul
01-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Stop resisting, stop resisting!

http://phoenixcopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/8-12policeabuse.jpg

Spikender
01-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Stop resisting, stop resisting!

http://phoenixcopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/8-12policeabuse.jpg

The horrible hippie criminal was charged with assaulting a police officer after allegedly slamming his face into the officer's fist over and over again.

SeanTX
01-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Anyway, this is really just standard procedure at this point. A police officer sees an opportunity to finally pop a few bullets into a living thing, and sees his perfect opportunity to do just that.

Sadly, I can imagine bored cops looking at a guy walking a dog and seeing the perfect target of opportunity to create a little "action." Approach the guy in an aggressive manner and the dog is likely to snarl or show it's teeth at least in response -- then they just *have* to get it on! And the guy can't "comply" with the orders they are barking because he's trying to control/protect his dog -- so it's "resisting arrest" as the cherry on top for them.

One victim they can kill with no consequences whatsoever, and the other two-legged one they can beat/tase/kidnap with no consequences (or kill if they so wish, but there's a lot of paperwork involved in that).

All this over "trespassing concerns." I just re-read the article, the guy was walking the dog in a city park, so I highly doubt he was trespassing.

I think the article also said that these cops were walking a beat. I've heard a lot of people calling for the "good ol' days" to return where cops walked a "beat", as if that would make things better -- well, this is what would happen, more bored cops walking around picking fights with people who are just going about their business. The bike cops are bad enough.