PDA

View Full Version : Students for Paul need help with trip to IOWA.

fade
11-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Guys,

My friends and I are in need of a little help. Basically we're all poor college students, but are involved in our meetup groups. Unfortunately the meetup groups are other poor college students. All the money i have extra I have given to the campaign - which is around $200 and will be around $300 on the 16th.

Two of my buddies are going to drive from austin, up through lawrence (KU), and pick me and my other friend up. It's about a 1000 mile trip, and we just don't have the funds.

We're going to be going from december 27th to january 4th (possibly 6th), for the Students for Ron Paul get together up there. We will basically going door to door, split up in groups, to tell people about Ron Paul and get them to go out and vote.

They said they will provide us with food, a place to say (sort of like a summer camp cabin), and gas if we run people around the city.

We just have to find a way up there, and frankly don't have the cash to get up there with money being as tight as it is right now.

I hate asking for hand outs, but I know this is the right group to come to. I promise to take pictures, write a review, even bring my video camera and put things up on youtube with the trip. We just need to get there.

If ANYONE could help us get up to iowa (gas money), please contact me in PM or xfade7@gmail.com

Thanks very much

Here's the link:

http://xfade7.chipin.com

Jared Ragsdale

berkeleybound
11-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Bump to this! Somebody help this guy out?

(Also a poor college student, but we're doing campaigning at home here in California! Did you know they're doing our state delegates by district? Should help a bunch)

robskicks
11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
he's new around here....

fade
11-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I will admit when I was posting this I was worried about the amount of posts i've had as well as how long i've been a member.

If you'd like, you can check my status in our meetup group. I am the Public Relations director for the Lawrence, KS meetup group 871.

My name is Jared Ragsdale.

I tend to lurk around here a lot more than post, I feel it's better to take in all the information than try and throw in my 2 cents.

fade
11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Heres a few pictures that might validate my position.

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/34170/2002232032138181841_rs.jpg
^ This is the garage we painted of one of our members. I'm in the red sweatshirt
http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/34170/2002255917302708421_rs.jpg
^This is a picture of one of our meetups. I'm in the red sweatshirt, kind of blurry.

http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/34053/2002286303028664350_rs.jpg
^I'm in the white standing up. This is us making signs, i'm not very artistic so I don't make a lot of them.

http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/36549/2002257115935933633_rs.jpg
^this is us in front of the class buildings on KU's Campus.

I hope that gives me a little more validation.

mavtek
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
quick get a chipin for you need, www.chipin.com

fade
11-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Here it is:

jnpg
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
are you needing?

fade
11-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I've been doing a little math trying to figure that out myself.

I think at minimum it would cost about $150 each way. More likely than not, gas prices will go up over the holidays. Just as well, I don't know the gas mileage or the make of my friends car.

So i would say at minimum $300 for the trip in gas money, but more like $350 to be safe.

kylejack
11-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, one thing you could do is scale back the tea party donation. We need you and other students in Iowa.

fade
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, one thing you could do is scale back the tea party donation. We need you and other students in Iowa.

That's definitely a possibility. I was looking more along the lines of anyone thats hit the $2300 mark and wanted to contribute still. Or people who are going to hit the $2300 and might want to do more.

Some others can afford a little bit of help here with me, and still do the full tea party they had planned on. Some can't - i'm not looking to take anything from tea party.

jnpg
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
We will be sure the $ gets to you in time.

fade
11-30-2007, 01:24 AM
We will be sure the $ gets to you in time.

I appreciate it guys, I'm amazed at how fast Ron Paul supporters help. I told my friends that you guys would come through, and I don't think they believed me. Well so far we've got $45 for the trip. Amazing.. Simply amazing.

Jared

mavtek
11-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Just sent you $20 see if you can borrow or trade your friends car with another one. If you get enough money to get there I'm sure you can get enough to get back.

Austin
11-30-2007, 02:53 AM
I am in the same situation. I do not have the funds to reach Iowa, although I am quite a bit closer, only 450 miles from Des Moines. With my car, it will take about $160 there and back.

I may start a chipin soon as well, but I have to hear back from the campaign first. I am only 17, so the age thing will likely pose a problem. Hopefully it doesn't, because I really do want to go. I am willing to sacrifice my entire Christmas break to ensure a victory for Ron Paul.

fade
11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
So far at $65.. Thanks to all who are helping!

KCIndy
11-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I'll be sending you something soon - in the meantime, have you considered listing your chip-in on the "chip-in" page on ronpaulgraphs.com?

http://ronpaulgraphs.com

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I would suggest you list as much information about your group (in order to verify that it's legitimate) as possible - the more people feel like they "know" you, the more likely they are to donate.

fade
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
KcIndy: thanks for the suggestion - i got it up!

goyogi
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I sent you $20 last night. Another way to make some money is to take some odd jobs. When I was looking for work 2 years ago I did some odd jobs that I found on Craigslist.org.

For example, google paid me $100 to do some consumer opinion testing on one of their products. It took 1 hour to do.

Look under the Jobs/[ETC/Part Time] sections.

You can also try your meetup group. Maybe people can chip in $5 each to help you out.

JJ

yaz
11-30-2007, 05:25 PM
it's costing me about $150 to get from tyler, texas to iowa. i can afford it though i think.

fade
11-30-2007, 05:29 PM
it's costing me about $150 to get from tyler, texas to iowa. i can afford it though i think.

Is that one way or round trip? that's some damn good gas mileage if its a round trip.

jnpg
12-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks to you and others willing to spend your time to campaign for Dr. Paul.

For those (like me) with more $ than time- chip in please!

fade
12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
You guys are amazing. Up to $150 already!

fade
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
bump for anyone who hasn't read this yet.

fade
12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Still plenty of time for this, but bumping just for anyone who hasnt seen it.

me3
12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Guys,

My friends and I are in need of a little help. Basically we're all poor college students, but are involved in our meetup groups. Unfortunately the meetup groups are other poor college students. All the money i have extra I have given to the campaign - which is around $200 and will be around $300 on the 16th.

Two of my buddies are going to drive from austin, up through lawrence (KU), and pick me and my other friend up. It's about a 1000 mile trip, and we just don't have the funds.

We're going to be going from december 27th to january 4th (possibly 6th), for the Students for Ron Paul get together up there. We will basically going door to door, split up in groups, to tell people about Ron Paul and get them to go out and vote.

They said they will provide us with food, a place to say (sort of like a summer camp cabin), and gas if we run people around the city.

We just have to find a way up there, and frankly don't have the cash to get up there with money being as tight as it is right now.

I hate asking for hand outs, but I know this is the right group to come to. I promise to take pictures, write a review, even bring my video camera and put things up on youtube with the trip. We just need to get there.

If ANYONE could help us get up to iowa (gas money), please contact me in PM or xfade7@gmail.com

Thanks very much

Here's the link:

Jared Ragsdale

Bump, let's help these kids out!

fade
12-05-2007, 12:50 AM
WOW! Thanks to the very generous donations from all of you (one donor stands out from the others at $250.. Thanks much to him!)

We have hit $450+. I believe this is more than enough for our trip. I will begin a budget report and start asking around and see if more people want to go up to iowa now that there might be some extra funds. Anything left over at the end of the trip will most definitely be donated to the Ron Paul campaign. (I still have money left to donate.)

Now, this is up to you guys - but you guys would like to keep donating, I can reach out to other student run Ron Paul meetups and see who else would be willing to go to NH, NV, SC, IA

Totally up to you, as of right now we are beyond our goal.

Again, Thank you guys VERY much!!!!

I'll keep you all updated!

Jared Ragsdale

quantized
12-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey, you should check this out too.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/iowa/2007/12/02/ron-pauls-christmas-vacation-in-iowa/

1913_to_2008
12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Go to Ron Paul home page. The campaign is willing to pay for your trip. Top right by his head www.ronpaul2008.com

fade
12-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes, they pay for everything IN IOWA. It says you just have to get there. For my friends in texas, it's a long trip. 1000+ miles, and gas isn't cheap. Thats what this fundraiser was for. We have passed our mark, and will most likely have some left over.

I can either try to budget it out and see if i can help other groups, or just donate whatever is left to Ron!

great
12-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Go to Ron Paul home page. The campaign is willing to pay for your trip. Top right by his head www.ronpaul2008.com

I like his site. He has very interesting information there. I'm glade that I've found it.