PDA

View Full Version : Death Panel: Hospital releases brain-damaged patient to coroner

donnay
01-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Death Panel: Hospital releases brain-damaged patient to coroner

Joe For America
January 8th, 2014

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/obama-death-panel-300x258.jpg
By DeVine Law

Before and after the Hippocratic Oath and before Obamacare there were death panels; whether they be an aged Cherokee Indian walking into that good cold night to relieve the burden of their care by the tribe or families, doctors and insurance companies collaborating over the level of life support practical to maintain the severely disabled.

The objection to Obamacare’s (Independent Payment Advisory Board) IPAB-version that Sarah Palin first shined the light on, is that it injects the force of government into the mix to put saving money on human life so that there is more spending authority available for other liberal Democrat-government-run projects.

The IPAB along with new Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act regulations that fine hospitals for admitting the uninsured more than once per month and that exclude them from subsidized plans, are already bearing ominous, if indirect, fruit:

Late Sunday night, Children’s Hospital Oakland released Jahi McMath to her family after a protracted legal battle over whether the hospital had the right to remove her from life support.

On Friday, the hospital reached an agreement with McMath’s family to allow a medical team to enter the hospital to perform the procedures necessary to move her to a medical facility that will continue her care and treatment.

Although the hospital maintains McMath is “brain dead,” her mother and family say she is alive following a tonsillectomy gone awry that has left her in an incapacitated state since early December. The family in the case says the hospital has been starving Jahi for three weeks.

To push the notion that McMath is “brain dead” and unable to recover, the hospital released McMath to the county coronor who, in turn, released McMath to her family. The hospital refused to fit her with a feeding tube or a breathing tube that would help stabilize her during a move.

The Eighth-grader was released to the coroner who then released her into the custody of her mother Latasha Winkfield as per court order…

Of course, the job description of coroners is to determine the cause of death, and as long as one’s heart is beating, no matter the condition of the brain, biology and the law as applied to humans that survive abortions, still defines such beings as alive and thus not an appropriate subject of government-employed coroners.

Continued... (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/death-panel-hospital-releases-brain-damaged-patient-to-coroner_012014)

osan
01-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Late Sunday night, Children’s Hospital Oakland released Jahi McMath to her family after a protracted legal battle over whether the hospital had the right to remove her from life support.

That the hospital would involve the courts in the first place is obscene. Fie upon them unto their own destruction.

On Friday, the hospital reached an agreement with McMath’s family to allow a medical team to enter the hospital to perform the procedures necessary to move her to a medical facility that will continue her care and treatment.

How is it the hospoital feels authorized to deny such a team in the wake of their own refusal to render service? Those people are criminals and should be served into the hands of justice. Privately.

To push the notion that McMath is “brain dead” and unable to recover, the hospital released McMath to the county coronor who, in turn, released McMath to her family. The hospital refused to fit her with a feeding tube or a breathing tube that would help stabilize her during a move.

Sweet Jesus... I am not sure I have words to describe how this strikes me.

The Eighth-grader was released to the coroner who then released her into the custody of her mother Latasha Winkfield as per court order…

That they would do such a thing just to prove a point, for the sake of shitty and weak and gas-inflated ego is horrible.

Of course, the job description of coroners is to determine the cause of death, and as long as one’s heart is beating, no matter the condition of the brain, biology and the law as applied to humans that survive abortions, still defines such beings as alive and thus not an appropriate subject of government-employed coroners.

And fie upon the coroner for having accepted the young miss, thus infecting himself with the stain of equal guilt as an accessory to criminal obscenity.

It is to this doleful pass that our nation has come where men like this have lost all humanity and treat their fellows as slabs of lifeless beef despite their still beating hearts.

We have been sitting very near the bottom of the bucket for 40 years and are still digging inexorably toward and eventually through the bottom. This is the world you stand to leave to your children unless we act with material effect to stop it.

angelatc
01-09-2014, 10:21 AM
dp

angelatc
01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
]Yeah, and the comments outside of this place are pretty discouraging.

I read that if she is indeed truly brain dead then eventually her heart will stop beating even if she is on a ventilator. The pro-death crowd just can't kill kids quick enough, it seems.

And fie upon the coroner for having accepted the young miss, thus infecting himself with the stain of equal guilt as an accessory to criminal obscenity.

I think he did the right thing. If he had refused then the girl would still be in the hospital, and the hospital would be fighting to pull the plug. Maybe he did it for the wrong reason, but maybe he's a born-again Christian who was grateful that God had seen fit to put him in this place.

KingNothing
01-09-2014, 10:42 AM
What's the right answer though?

If the family can pay and the hospital is willing to accept payment, the answer is a simple one.

If the family can't pay or the hospital is unwilling to accept payment, what recourse does anyone have?

I would wish that things like this never happen to anyone, and that if they do happen, people have the means to ease any suffering or maybe even heal the injured person. ....but, boy, the world isn't a place where hope and wishes yield many results so we're left with situations like this one that have no nice resolution.

jbauer
01-09-2014, 10:47 AM
If she's truly brain dead why should our taxes be going to keep her alive? I don't think it should have taken a court order for the family to take her from the hospital. However, they should pay the tab to keep her going. Whatever long term care facility they went to is going to cost a fortune and "we" shouldn't be footing the tab.

As harsh as that might sound peoples lives end. Yours and mine will some day. It should be a decision made by ones self prior to such a day on what our end of life strategy should be. I do understand she was an 8 yr old and wouldn't have done such an exercise but its something we should all be talking about with our loved ones so that our wishes are carried out to the best of their abilities.

Ender
01-09-2014, 11:47 AM
If she's truly brain dead why should our taxes be going to keep her alive? I don't think it should have taken a court order for the family to take her from the hospital. However, they should pay the tab to keep her going. Whatever long term care facility they went to is going to cost a fortune and "we" shouldn't be footing the tab.

As harsh as that might sound peoples lives end. Yours and mine will some day. It should be a decision made by ones self prior to such a day on what our end of life strategy should be. I do understand she was an 8 yr old and wouldn't have done such an exercise but its something we should all be talking about with our loved ones so that our wishes are carried out to the best of their abilities.

The hospital caused the problem with a faulty tonsillectomy. THEY should pay and I don't give a damn about your tax dollars.

This is an eight grader, for heaven's sake.

And there have been cases where so-called brain-dead patients have come back.

ClydeCoulter
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
The hospital caused the problem with a faulty tonsillectomy. THEY should pay and I don't give a damn about your tax dollars.

^^^Bottom Line^^^

Who takes responsibility for their actions?

donnay
01-09-2014, 12:50 PM

+rep

This hospital should be sued to the max.

angelatc
01-09-2014, 01:22 PM
The hospital caused the problem with a faulty tonsillectomy. .

That's a really good point.

jbauer
01-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Well the faulty tonsillectomy happened at the hospital you are correct. Bad $hit happens to good people all the time and I'm sure letting her die vs. keeping her alive is the difference between being sued for the death of a patient and life long 24/7/365 care.....which is probably the reason this was/is being handled like it is.

As for her being an 8th grader. Who cares how old she is. Is it up to you to decide how old is to old or how young is to young? I'm assuming she needed the tonsillectomy for a chronic sickness or she wouldn't have had the operation to begin with. When you do such a procedure bad things can happen. Her parents would have signed off saying they knew bad things could happen and they did. Bad things happen all the time its called life.

As for people coming back to from irreparable brain damage? Some people do. Some people also win the powerball and some get to walk on the moon. It doesn't make keeping a lump of warm meat breathing a good investment of my tax dollars when there are significantly better things that can be done. The girl is dead. Let her be.

jbauer
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
+rep

This hospital should be sued to the max.

Yup sue sue sue sue sue sue. That's the American way!!!!!!

Ender
01-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Well the faulty tonsillectomy happened at the hospital you are correct. Bad $hit happens to good people all the time and I'm sure letting her die vs. keeping her alive is the difference between being sued for the death of a patient and life long 24/7/365 care.....which is probably the reason this was/is being handled like it is.

As for her being an 8th grader. Who cares how old she is. Is it up to you to decide how old is to old or how young is to young? I'm assuming she needed the tonsillectomy for a chronic sickness or she wouldn't have had the operation to begin with. When you do such a procedure bad things can happen. Her parents would have signed off saying they knew bad things could happen and they did. Bad things happen all the time its called life.

As for people coming back to from irreparable brain damage? Some people do. Some people also win the powerball and some get to walk on the moon. It doesn't make keeping a lump of warm meat breathing a good investment of my tax dollars when there are significantly better things that can be done. The girl is dead. Let her be.

Let's hope nothing happens like this to any of your family.

Of course I would rather have local charity take care of such a problem, but while we are in the mess we are in, I'd let my tax dollars try to save your child, any day, any time.

donnay
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Yup sue sue sue sue sue sue. That's the American way!!!!!!

The hospital was at fault, should the bills be passed on to the parents or taxpayers? What other alternative do these parents have to pay for medical bills that will incur from their daughter's condition, that the hospital caused?

juleswin
01-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Yea, lets just sue the doctors without know if her complications was due to any medical errors. But the good thing about sue happy customers is that doctors will be so afraid to treat patients like her that the only affordable options for risky patients like her will be natural cures and prayers.

I bet if the parents were faced with the option of paying out of pocket instead of using 3rd party payer like insurance, they most likely would have opted out for the more difficult choice of slimming down the poor girl. Yes it would be hard, but it will be cheaper, safer and will in the end teach her a vital life lesson on how to control her weight.

jbauer
01-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Let's hope nothing happens like this to any of your family.

Of course I would rather have local charity take care of such a problem, but while we are in the mess we are in, I'd let my tax dollars try to save your child, any day, any time.

I hope so too. I hope the same for your family. I work hard with my Church and our community to help those that need help from the bad things that happen in life. I can't count the amount of fundraisers I've helped on or lead for someone who is down on their luck from no fault of their own. This however, still doesn't justify spending tax dollars on something that is incurable. There's nothing to save. She's dead.

At the end of the day though, again, I'd say this is probably a liability issue for the hospital. If she dies the parents are going to be capped on what they can sue for. If she lives for 50 years at a nursing home the cost/liability is endless.

Ender
01-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Yea, lets just sue the doctors without know if her complications was due to any medical errors. But the good thing about sue happy customers is that doctors will be so afraid to treat patients like her that the only affordable options for risky patients like her will be natural cures and prayers.

I bet if the parents were faced with the option of paying out of pocket instead of using 3rd party payer like insurance, they most likely would have opted out for the more difficult choice of slimming down the poor girl. Yes it would be hard, but it will be cheaper, safer and will in the end teach her a vital life lesson on how to control her weight.

Control her weight? WTF does that have to do with faulty hospital procedure?

angelatc
01-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Control her weight? WTF does that have to do with faulty hospital procedure?

I think he's saying that her sleep apnea was likely related to her weight.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/could-your-child-have-sleep-apnea

Obstructive sleep apnea (http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/understanding-obstructive-sleep-apnea-syndrome) (OSA) is a sleep-related breathing disorder affecting more than 18 million adults and 2% to 3% of children of all ages, even newborns, according to the National Sleep Foundation. It seems to run in families, and kids who have enlarged tonsils (http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/picture-of-the-tonsils) and/or adenoids (http://www.webmd.com/parenting/picture-of-the-adenoids) (lymph nodes in the throat behind the nose) have a higher risk of developing OSA.

Other factors include being obese (http://www.webmd.com/diet/what-is-obesity), having a small jaw or midface, or a larger-than-usual tongue (http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/picture-of-the-tongue), being exposed to tobacco smoke, and having less muscle tone (such as in children with Down syndrome, cerebral palsy (http://www.webmd.com/brain/understanding-cerebral-palsy-basic-information), and/or neuromuscular disorders), explains Dennis Rosen, MD, associate medical director of the Center for Pediatric Sleep Disorders at Boston Children's Hospital.

Also says a lot of kids tend to outgrow it. I have to wonder if this was some MDs milking the Medicare system.

Ender
01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
I hope so too. I hope the same for your family. I work hard with my Church and our community to help those that need help from the bad things that happen in life. I can't count the amount of fundraisers I've helped on or lead for someone who is down on their luck from no fault of their own. This however, still doesn't justify spending tax dollars on something that is incurable. There's nothing to save. She's dead.

At the end of the day though, again, I'd say this is probably a liability issue for the hospital. If she dies the parents are going to be capped on what they can sue for. If she lives for 50 years at a nursing home the cost/liability is endless.

Good for you! And that is sincere- not sarcasm. ;)

I work also with the community and my ministry. And I have learned that many times the lessons learned from taking care of the ill and handicapped are more important for the family and care providers than for the person on life support.

Ender
01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I think he's saying that her sleep apnea was likely related to her weight.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/could-your-child-have-sleep-apnea

Also says a lot of kids tend to outgrow it. I have to wonder if this was some MDs milking the Medicare system.

Thanks- and agree.

JK/SEA
01-09-2014, 04:03 PM
''we don't have time for this''...........

Ender
01-09-2014, 04:49 PM

'Zackly.

Anti Federalist
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM

When the history of this train wreck and what's about to happen, gets written, that will stand out like Arbeit Macht Frei.

This system is soon not going to have time for any of us.