PDA

View Full Version : Lets Get Gorilla!!

Lord Xar
06-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Okay.

A few things.. do you think this is worth "my time".

-- I can get stickers and T-shirts at DIRT prices..

1. Purchase a shitload of Ron Paul stickers and give them away for free.
(my own designs)

2. Purchase t-shirts and give them away at cost
(my own designs)

3. Get some of those "REVOLUTION" banners and go gorilla. I live in Los Angeles and I am thinking of hanging one or two over a very busy freeway overpass just about morning time --->

What i am worried about is people not purchasing my stock, so I actually loose money without giving it away.. and someone STEALING my banner!! OR just copying the idea for THEIR candidate..

If you think any of these are good ideas, should I create my own banner or buy the revolution one off of Ebay.

Any Los Angeles people interested in doing this with me?

PennCustom4RP
06-26-2007, 01:20 AM
While I think this is 'worth your effort', and every bit helps, I think you should stick to the already established/approved campaign logos/slogans etc.
National name recognition is the key here for Dr Paul, so nth number of different designs wouldn't be of help in this area.
Think of why we have a national flag, and not whatever each individual wants to fly to represent this country.
We should rally for Dr Pauls support under a common banner, or at least those already selected by his campaign.
Templates for these logos are available for download, I believe at his campaign homepage.
Insofar as someone stealing or taking these banners/signs/flyers down, if you place it on public property, expect this to happen.
Its best to get permission from private property owner to put them up.
But since you're going 'Gorilla', have at it!!
just my .02
~M

kylebrotherton
06-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Do you mean "guerrilla?"

Otherwise I'm confused.

Lord Xar
06-26-2007, 01:26 AM
oh.. maybe i wasn't clear.

I wouldn't go off the deep end.. I am just saying that i wouldn't COPY THE DESIGNS exactly so as to not step on copyright issues.

I would still have his name, in american colors, with his website etc.. or somesuch.. nothing extreme, but just different placements of things...

I agree in that I DO WANT to follow the current branding...

tsoldrin
06-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Guerrilla.

njandrewg
06-26-2007, 01:28 AM
maybe one with revolution on the front, and then excerpts of his issues on the back. Maybe have one tshirt cover an issue extensively on the back, and "for more issue go to ronpaul 2008.com"
etc

RonPaul2012grassroots
06-26-2007, 02:46 AM
-- I can get stickers...at DIRT prices..

Hey Lord Xar, if you're looking for the absolute best value in the highest quality vinyl bumper stickers, I've got 'em -

http://content.onlineagency.com/sites/38289/images/rpp-bs10.5-x-3-no-legal.jpg

This unofficial bumper sticker artwork matches the current Ron Paul campaign bumper sticker artwork and is the same as has been traditionally and successfully used by Ron in his Congressional races.

Bulk rates:

130 pieces - $28.50 ($31.00)
250 pieces – $49.50 ($53.50)
500 pieces - $69.50 ($75.00)
700 pieces - $89.50 ($96.00)
1,000 pieces - $117.50 ($124.50)
1,350 pieces - $155.50 ($166.50)

Prices include shipping via Priority Mail. (Prices in parenthesis are when using Paypal.) These stickers are in stock and ready to ship.

For more info, email me at: ronpaulstickers(at)yahoo.com

Thanks!

denvervoipguru
06-26-2007, 03:02 AM
1) Don't worry about others stealing your ideas...they don't have our passion, they won't do the work.

2) Be VERY CAREFUL with banners on overpasses. a) They may be illegal, they are in the City & County of Denver for example. b) Be very careful that they could not slip and fall on to a windsheild...think you can see where I'm going with that.

3) I disagree that only the official campaign artwork is useful. In fact, I STRONGLY disagree. However, RP Revolution wouldn't be my FIRST choice for a Mass Market like "freeway traffic". Curiosity is a strong motivator in marketing. And during rush hour, many people are on their way to a computer that has Internet access. How about something like:
"GOOGLE RON PAUL For Your Children's Sake"

4) We DO NEED to get guerilla, and utilize the power and efficiancies of technology and the internet and new media, etc. I hope that many will get enganged in this in a big way after Des Moines. I hope there will be some way to get a litte bit of privacy to discuss those strategies...maybe Josh can help us with that.

CAKochenash
06-26-2007, 03:39 AM
this thread reminds me of the movie captain ron where ron gets mixed up with gorilla and guerrilla.....good flick...

now as far as the freeway idea...i think it is wonderful...i have taken part in such activities myself. Check out http://www.freewayblogger.com

i like the previous dood's idea about inspiration versus simplicity...

most people understand the phrase "google blah blah blah.." It makes them wonder...

i am actually planning such an event in my hometown for the eve/morning of 7/3 - 7/4

Ron Paul WILL BE president in 08....its the supreme law of the land and to those whom wish not to uphold that law...may my atheist god have mercy on their souls...ha!

ger..go...HUGE DIFFERENCE!haha