PDA

View Full Version : A woman contacted police after walking into her garage and finding moonshine

aGameOfThrones
01-08-2014, 08:33 PM
A woman contacted police after walking into her garage and finding a pressure cooker, a coil of copper and a plastic tub of clear liquid.

Video: http://news.yahoo.com/video/woman-had-no-idea-moonshine-174124939.html

KCIndy
01-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Ha!

I would have just yelled "Dibs!" and grabbed a couple quarts. :p

Dr.3D
01-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Vaporized alcohol is more explosive than vaporized gasoline.

What a load of crap. I know better than that.

2young2vote
01-08-2014, 10:31 PM
It wasn't even Apple Pie!

KCIndy
01-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Vaporized alcohol is more explosive than vaporized gasoline.

What a load of crap. I know better than that.

Yeah, I did a double-take when I heard that line.... only thing I can figure is that the poor lil' guy wanted to make himself sound real badass and important.

pcosmar
01-08-2014, 11:41 PM
I would guess the "several male relatives" are none to pleased with the woman about now.

heavenlyboy34
01-09-2014, 12:06 AM
I would guess the "several male relatives" are none to pleased with the woman about now.

Snitches wear stitches!

coastie
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Maybe they shouldn't have set up an illegal distillery in her garage?

Something tells me they wouldn't have given two shits if she got charged with it, and wouldn't have stepped up and admitted it was theirs.

I've seen it happen.

pcosmar
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Maybe they shouldn't have set up an illegal distillery in her garage?

Something tells me they wouldn't have given two shits if she got charged with it, and wouldn't have stepped up and admitted it was theirs.

I've seen it happen.

And maybe she should have stayed out of the garage,, or at least asked the men in the house about it before calling the police.

One or more of those "male relatives" is going to be quite displeased with her.
She earned that.

coastie
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM
And maybe she should have stayed out of the garage,, or at least asked the men in the house about it before calling the police.

One or more of those "male relatives" is going to be quite displeased with her.
She earned that.

Fair enough.

ETA: I have seen waaaaay too much of that shit, especially in the south.

"Call the law" and "their ought to be a law" seems to be their favorite phrase around here.

It's quite depressing, actually.

Demigod
01-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Wait you can't make schnapps/moonshine at home in the USA ? The EU tried to pass the no distilling and no slaughtering animals at home laws but there is no chance they will go anywhere in the South and East.

Dr.3D
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Wait you can't make schnapps/moonshine at home in the USA ? The EU tried to pass the no distilling and no slaughtering animals at home laws but there is no chance it will go nowhere in the South and East.
Well, it seems you can if you don't get caught. Of course it helps not to have your family members turn you in.

Demigod
01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Well, it seems you can if you don't get caught. Of course it helps not to have your family members turn you in.

She also lost them a lot of money.A good distillery that can produce quality moonshine can rack up a price.

I just watched the video,what kind of an expert says that alcohol "explodes".The only risk is methanol if you are buying cheap junk from suspicious guys who have no fruit anywhere but are somehow making 100`s of litters a month .

coastie
01-09-2014, 12:37 PM

You can do anything as long as you don't get caught. That illustrates the pointlessness of most of these laws.

In most states, any position in the bedroom other than missionary is illegal. Yeah. I use that one a lot when someone says to me "but it's illegal to smoke weed"..."yeah, well, it's also illegal to go down on your wife, or even play with her tits in this state...your point?" I use that to show people how they will pick and choose what laws they will follow, and what laws they think everyone else should.

Blank stares, every time. Sometimes a spark of brain activity appears, but rarely.

Dr.3D
01-09-2014, 12:40 PM
You can do anything as long as you don't get caught. That illustrates the pointlessness of most of these laws.

In most states, any position in the bedroom other than missionary is illegal. Yeah. I use that one a lot when someone says to me "but it's illegal to smoke weed"..."yeah, well, it's also illegal to go down on your wife, or even play with her tits in this state...your point?" I use that to show people how they will pick and choose what laws they will follow, and what laws they think everyone else should.

Blank stares, every time. Sometimes a spark of brain activity appears, but rarely.
That's part of what's so stupid about no crime zones. (no gun zones) (weapon free zones) etc.

coastie
01-09-2014, 12:43 PM
That's part of what's so stupid about no crime zones. (no gun zones) (weapon free zones) etc.

Whomever writes these laws, should be held accountable for any crime that occurs in those zones.

"It's the law". Should have never happened then, because, it's the law. amirite?

Dr.3D
01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Whomever writes these laws, should be held accountable for any crime that occurs in those zones.

"It's the law". Should have never happened then, because, it's the law. amirite?
Yep, they should be sued when anybody violates one of their stupid laws.

They are ignorant and think making a law is going to control how people behave.