PDA

View Full Version : Insane Clown Posse Sue FBI Over Juggalos' Gang Classification

aGameOfThrones
01-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Horrorcore-rap duo Insane Clown Posse, along with four fans, are suing the Department of Justice and the FBI, demanding that the agencies purge the fan name "Juggalos" from their list of gang members. "Organized crime is by no means part of the Juggalo culture," reads the complaint, filed this morning in federal court in Detroit.

The suit stems from the FBI's National Gang Intelligence Center classification of Juggalos as "a loosely-organized hybrid gang," one with multiple affiliations. Lawyers for ICP and the ACLU claim that the profiling of Juggalos — based on their distinctive clown makeup and Hatchetman tattoos — lacks reasonable suspicion of gang affiliation. As a result, the "unconstitutionally vague" designation has since intimidated many from expressing themselves and denied them protection from unreasonable searches, according to the filing.

"The FBI had the impact they wanted: they scared people away from attending concerts and from affiliating together for the purpose of listening to music," Saura Sahu, an attorney assisting the ACLU of Michigan, tells Rolling Stone. He cited the decline in turnout at the latest Gathering of the Juggalos, ICP's annual five-day festival, where police last August arrested numerous people on drug-related offenses outside the event.

"We don't fit in anywhere," Insane Clown Posse's Violent J tells Rolling Stone. "And when people don't understand you, people fear you. All we're trying to do is be like the Stephen King of music. We like to tell horror stories."

The band's legal preparation began last year, when their attorney Howard Hertz contacted the ACLU about representing the four Juggalos. The suit follows ICP's 2012 complaint alleging that the FBI had violated the Freedom of Information Act by failing to disclose adequate documentation justifying its gang classification, which is currently still pending. "None of the information revealed showed any significant link between any significant percentage of the Juggalos and the kind of criminal behaviors that the Department of Justice is supposed to be targeting through these gang initiatives," Sahu says.

Yet last July, according to the complaint, a plaintiff who drives a semi-truck sporting a Hatchetman logo was stopped, searched and detained by a Tennessee state trooper. In 2012, an Army recruiter refused to enlist a different plaintiff unless he covered or removed his Hatchetman tattoo. And plaintiff Robert Hellin, an Army corporal who has served in Iraq, Afghanistan and Korea, is "in imminent danger of suffering discipline or an involuntary discharge" because of the tattoos he got years before Juggalos were deemed a gang.

"At first I thought, wow, that's a compliment that our fans are that heard-of and that renowned," Violent J says. "Then when I realized what's happening to the fans because of it, then everything turned around."

http://music.yahoo.com/news/insane-clown-posse-sue-fbi-over-juggalos-39-153022908-rolling-stone.html

HOLLYWOOD
01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Love these guys and their hokey movies too!

http://hempbeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/BIG-MONEY-RUSTLAS.jpg

Petar
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Article reminded me of this bizarre story:

Tila Tequila suffers cuts, but escapes juggalos attack

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/08/15/tila.tequila.attacked/

CPUd
01-09-2014, 12:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

Spikender
01-10-2014, 04:04 AM

That video never gets old.

Not a fan of ICP's material, but I can sympathize with the whole getting labeled as a threat by the federal government thing when you're really not.

Feeding the Abscess
01-10-2014, 04:05 AM
For the first time in my life, I find myself rooting for ICP.

Matt Collins
01-10-2014, 07:09 AM
This is nothing more than a publicity stunt. They are trying to revive their long dead career.

fr33
01-10-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm definitely not on the FBI's side but.... in ICP's own words from one of their songs:

"You ask do we gangbang, do we bang in a gang
Do we bang bang, I'm a gangbanger, man
I bang in a gang, man, you can suck my wang, man
Richie boy, richie boy, it's a southwest thang
Serial murderer, southwest maniac
Slaughterer, lunatic, high school braniac
Straight-A school boy, school kid
Till I went to school and tried to murder everyone
The show must go on!"

And then there's this: 10 Most Violent Juggalo Attacks Ever (http://www.ranker.com/list/10-most-violent-juggalo-attacks-ever/michael-gibson?format=GRID). I don't know why they left out "Syko Sam", a juggalo who murdered 4 people in one day.

The juggalos aren't a gang and most of them probably aren't bad people but ICP does attract some people that are prone to violence because most of their music is about violence.

fr33
01-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Article reminded me of this bizarre story:

Tila Tequila suffers cuts, but escapes juggalos attack

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/08/15/tila.tequila.attacked/

One of them hit Method Man in the face with a full beer can too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVw7mic5IGQ

Matt Collins
01-10-2014, 10:26 PM

:eek:

WOW!

He handled that well! I'm quite impressed to be honest, it wasn't what I expected to happen. I've done shows where the artist just walks off stage, the crowd is pissed, and then you nearly have a riot. Not a pleasant experience

Spikender
01-10-2014, 10:40 PM
And then there's this: 10 Most Violent Juggalo Attacks Ever (http://www.ranker.com/list/10-most-violent-juggalo-attacks-ever/michael-gibson?format=GRID). I don't know why they left out "Syko Sam", a juggalo who murdered 4 people in one day.

The juggalos aren't a gang and most of them probably aren't bad people but ICP does attract some people that are prone to violence because most of their music is about violence.

Huh...

Are we sure the feds aren't juggalos themselves?

They seem to have a lot in common when it comes to senseless violence against innocent people...

Anti Federalist
01-10-2014, 10:44 PM
I've asked this, I keep forgetting though...

Is it Jugg a LOWS or Jugg a LEWS?

NewRightLibertarian
01-10-2014, 10:50 PM
This is nothing more than a publicity stunt. They are trying to revive their long dead career.

This post proves that you are a complete idiot who loves to spout your mouth off even when you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. They are bigger than ever now and suing the FBI on behalf of their fans who are being discriminated against because of their facepaint color. This lawsuit is costing them all kinds of money and time they could be using to build their growing fan base. You should be saluting them as heroes for not rolling over to the feds, but instead you're making snide, rude, ill-informed comments. You make me sick, Collins.

kcchiefs6465
01-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I've asked this, I keep forgetting though...

Is it Jugg a LOWS or Jugg a LEWS?
Lows.

FloralScent
01-10-2014, 11:43 PM

Nice throw.

Spikender
01-10-2014, 11:47 PM
This post proves that you are a complete idiot who loves to spout your mouth off even when you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. They are bigger than ever now and suing the FBI on behalf of their fans who are being discriminated against because of their facepaint color. This lawsuit is costing them all kinds of money and time they could be using to build their growing fan base. You should be saluting them as heroes for not rolling over to the feds, but instead you're making snide, rude, ill-informed comments. You make me sick, Collins.

I agree with this. Not a Juggalo, but that was a bad comment.

kcchiefs6465
01-10-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm definitely not on the FBI's side but.... in ICP's own words from one of their songs:

"You ask do we gangbang, do we bang in a gang
Do we bang bang, I'm a gangbanger, man
I bang in a gang, man, you can suck my wang, man
Richie boy, richie boy, it's a southwest thang
Serial murderer, southwest maniac
Slaughterer, lunatic, high school braniac
Straight-A school boy, school kid
Till I went to school and tried to murder everyone
The show must go on!"

They embellish what they do. They have songs of off the wall shit. Much the way Eminem or probably 99% of rappers do. Simply because they say they "gang bang" doesn't mean anything. They are entertainers. WWE or Actors. People listen to all sorts of music. Their actions are their own to own.

Spikender
01-10-2014, 11:55 PM
They embellish what they do. They have songs of off the wall shit. Much the way Eminem or probably 99% of rappers do. Simply because they say they "gang bang" doesn't mean anything. They are entertainers. WWE or Actors. People listen to all sorts of music. Their actions are their own to own.

Exactly. Do all the metal groups who sing about butchering and slaughtering victims actually go out and do it?

Matt Collins
01-11-2014, 12:06 AM
This post proves that you are a complete idiot who loves to spout your mouth off even when you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. They are bigger than ever now and suing the FBI on behalf of their fans who are being discriminated against because of their facepaint color. This lawsuit is costing them all kinds of money and time they could be using to build their growing fan base. You should be saluting them as heroes for not rolling over to the feds, but instead you're making snide, rude, ill-informed comments. You make me sick, Collins.You've obviously never worked in the field of marketing / public relations :rolleyes:

Spikender
01-11-2014, 12:07 AM
You've obviously never worked in the field of marketing / public relations :rolleyes:

Yes, because ICP should sit there and say and do absolutely nothing while their for the most part strange but mostly peaceful fans get classified as a loosely organized gang.

I suppose any time a politician takes a out-of-the-mainstream stance on an issue, it's also purely a publicity stunt and they actually don't care at all. Guess I finally know how someone opposed to the Libertarian cause thinks.

angelatc
01-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Yeah I am old. Never heard the word before. THis made me laugh:

Since 2008, Florida Juggalos organized The Juggalo Cleanup Crew to pick up trash for the Dead Stephanie Memorial Cleanup, in honor of Stephanie Harris, high school student who died of diabetes in 2008

Spikender
01-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah I am old. Never heard the word before. THis made me laugh:

Forgive me if I don't understand your sense of humor but uh...

I don't really see the humor in that part.

angelatc
01-11-2014, 12:31 AM
Forgive me if I don't understand your sense of humor but uh...

I don't really see the humor in that part.

The naming of the event. Most of us would expect something more like The Stephanie Harris Memorial Clean Up.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-11-2014, 12:35 AM
ICP sucks, their music is terrible, and their fans are not a "gang." They're mentally handicapped and very likely at least partially deaf.

I hope they win their case. Good on 'em for fighting back.

They are at liberty to create their schlock, sell their schlock, and gather together people who like their schlock, without interference from the FBI. Thankfully, I'm at liberty to not listen to it...fifteen seconds of "The Great Malenko" I heard back in '98 while fresh out of Navy boot camp was enough to seal the deal for me!

Stephen King of music, my aching back, lol...they know how to sell it, though, I'll give them that!

Spikender
01-11-2014, 12:44 AM
ICP sucks, their music is terrible, and their fans are not a "gang." They're mentally handicapped and very likely at least partially deaf.

Yeah, kind of like those crazy Libertarians.

The naming of the event. Most of us would expect something more like The Stephanie Harris Memorial Clean Up.

You know, now that you point out that part of the sentence specifically, that does make me laugh a little.

invisible
01-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Exactly. Do all the metal groups who sing about butchering and slaughtering victims actually go out and do it?

No doubt. Where's Chris Hightower when you need him? IIRC, he is a member here.

Petar
01-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Angela has a point, the name sounds like some moronic cartoon version of Al Capone trying to create a charity for the sole purpose of doing PR for the mob...

Let me just say that I grew up in a city that was directly next to the nexus of the whole "Juggalo" thing... I can honestly say that all the scummiest kids that I went to highschool with were the ones that became "Juggalos".... it attracted the absolute bottom of the barrel for some reason.. I'm not saying that I agree with the FBI's classification, but any honest modern anthropologist would have to say something about the "Juggalo" phenomenon... normally I would call it a "band with a cult following", but it seems like the bulk of "Juggalos" have a real problem separating fantasy from reality... you could almost call it a religious death cult... I'd still say that there are just a band, but anyone who says that there is not something seriously wrong with a bunch of these people would have to be lying... and by the way, it is NOT safe to publish an opinion such as that in a local paper for example...

Petar
01-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Matt's comments were still crass and thoughtless though...

Spikender
01-11-2014, 12:53 AM
You don't really have to point that out, I grew up in an area with a lot of gang activity.

I've just never met someone who liked ICP that was all that bad.

You know, other than their terrible taste in rap, but that was just about it.

Then again, Juggalos do share some of the characteristics of a gang. You know, joining their ranks for a sense of belonging and family. I know they do frequently refer to each other as a family.

So who knows. I just think the thought of them being an actual gang threat up there with all those other, legitimately dangerous gangs that operate criminal enterprises to be a little silly.

Petar
01-11-2014, 01:07 AM
I agree, retarded fans notwithstanding, they aren't a real actual gang.

On the other hand, every single police force in the nation does have real actual organized crime operating within it's ranks...

Spikender
01-11-2014, 01:09 AM
On the other hand, every single police force in the nation does have real actual organized crime operating within it's ranks...

Actually, now that you point that out... maybe we should be listening to the feds on this.

Takes a gang to know a gang.

Petar
01-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Actually, now that you point that out... maybe we should be listening to the feds on this.

Takes a gang to know a gang.

Meh, I think that it is more likely that it takes a criminal gang to be hypocritical and point to another group as a distraction...

I'm curious, what area did you grow up near with real organized crime?

I am currently in Brazil, where the crime exists on some alternate level that is hard for me to fully understand...

Spikender
01-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Meh, I think that it is more likely that it takes a criminal gang to be hypocritical and point to another group as a distraction...

I'm curious, what area did you grow up near with real organized crime?

I am currently in Brazil, where the crime exists on some alternate level that is hard for me to fully understand...

Good point.

Virginia. Mostly drug-related crimes.

What exactly do you mean by that statement about Brazil?

dillo
01-11-2014, 01:38 AM

Best line of music ever

"fucking magnets, how do they work?"

Keith and stuff
01-11-2014, 01:39 AM
What is your problem? The people that labeled this music group a gang are evil. It's easy to see that. Please stop trolling to promote yourself. Please stop with your publicity stunt. Some people are actually trying to defend liberty.

Spikender
01-11-2014, 01:40 AM
Best line of music ever

"fucking magnets, how do they work?"

That's one reason I can't really hate ICP.

Some of their lines are just golden.

Petar
01-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Good point.

Virginia. Mostly drug-related crimes.

What exactly do you mean by that statement about Brazil?

Well, just that Brazil has this horrible reputation that makes it feel like you have to hide at all times as soon as you get here, but once you are here then you figure out that it is actually much more nuanced than that...

Plus it's so foreign for a North American, so you always feel at least kinda disoriented just by being here...

Spikender
01-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Well, just that Brazil has this horrible reputation that makes it feel like you have to hide at all times as soon as you get here, but once you are here then you figure out that it is actually much more nuanced than that...

Plus it's so foreign for a North American, so you always feel at least kinda disoriented just by being here...

Ah, a little vague, but I actually get what you mean by that. Some places have such a reputation, like Brazil, but it's usually more complicated than "This place is dangerous".

I've never been to a foreign country, so I can only imagine my disorientation at being in one... hope it's going well for you regardless.

Petar
01-11-2014, 01:50 AM

You gotta admire them in some fucked up way...

Petar
01-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Ah, a little vague, but I actually get what you mean by that. Some places have such a reputation, like Brazil, but it's usually more complicated than "This place is dangerous".

I've never been to a foreign country, so I can only imagine my disorientation at being in one... hope it's going well for you regardless.

Thanks.

Yep, a lot more nuanced... being downtown in Sao Paulo where it is relatively safe you eventually start feeling like it "aint no thang"... then the bank around the corner has an armed robbery and you start getting reminded not to get too comfortable while you are here... there is a reason that every house in the city has a fence around it with electrical wire on it...

On the upside, so many of the people are just so nice and friendly, and I am starting to learn the language...

Spikender
01-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Thanks.

Yep, a lot more nuanced... being downtown in Sao Paulo where it is relatively safe you eventually start feeling like it "aint no thang"... then the bank around the corner has an armed robbery and you start getting reminded not to get too comfortable while you are here... there is a reason that every house in the city has a fence around it with electrical wire on it...

On the upside, so many of the people are just so nice and friendly, and I am starting to learn the language...

Yes, that's typically how these areas are. There are parts of Richmond, VA that people talk about as if you'll get mugged for just walking through them. I would walk through and be just fine, even after hearing about how the day before someone's apartment got broken into and they got shot in the face, or how police raided a house for drugs.

It's funny, because some of the nicest and, most of all, realest people I've ever met come from these areas too. So that doesn't surprise me. Happy to hear that you're learning the language. I've heard from multiple people, especially a friend that used to live in Germany, that simply being around the language every day of your life can help you learn better than structured study.

phill4paul
01-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Damn, I use to take a certain amount of pride in being on the MIAC list for supporting RP and being a soveriegn. Now I'm lumped in with a bunch of gigolos. Meh, I guess it ain't so bad.

Petar
01-11-2014, 02:16 AM
Yes, that's typically how these areas are. There are parts of Richmond, VA that people talk about as if you'll get mugged for just walking through them. I would walk through and be just fine, even after hearing about how the day before someone's apartment got broken into and they got shot in the face, or how police raided a house for drugs.

It's funny, because some of the nicest and, most of all, realest people I've ever met come from these areas too. So that doesn't surprise me. Happy to hear that you're learning the language. I've heard from multiple people, especially a friend that used to live in Germany, that simply being around the language every day of your life can help you learn better than structured study.

Well, I don't even go to the areas with bad reputations. The bad areas here are straight up shantytowns. It's almost like some Haiti shit or something.

Petar
01-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Bad parts of Detroit are scary too.

Petar
01-11-2014, 02:32 AM
I feel like I am learning the most when I am around people talking and I recognize some of the words that they are saying.

Spikender
01-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Well, I don't even go to the areas with bad reputations. The bad areas here are straight up shantytowns. It's almost like some Haiti shit or something.

A block makes a difference.

Bad parts of Detroit are scary too.

No doubt. They seem to usually pick on people that don't blend in, at least from experience. I've had a few friends that came from some of the areas with the worse reputations, namely places with "Court" in their name in Richmond, and those areas can be pretty scary if you feel like you stick out. Luckily, I've never had anything directly happen to me.

I feel like I am learning the most when I am around people talking and I recognize some of the words that they are saying.

Yeah, that would make sense. After you being to learn some words, your mind naturally starts to piece together what the surrounding words mean. Now, that's coming from someone who hasn't lived in an area where people predominately speak a different language, accents and slang notwithstanding, so I don't know how accurate that observation is.

Matt Collins
01-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Matt's comments were still crass I try hard to make that distinction :cool:

LibForestPaul
01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes, because ICP should sit there and say and do absolutely nothing while their for the most part strange but mostly peaceful fans get classified as a loosely organized gang.

I suppose any time a politician takes a out-of-the-mainstream stance on an issue, it's also purely a publicity stunt and they actually don't care at all. Guess I finally know how someone opposed to the Libertarian cause thinks.

Shoot the fed, shoot the fed
Shoot them square in the head
Aint no one got a dollar
till the fed be dead

Now we all iz RPF gangbangers.

NewRightLibertarian
01-11-2014, 11:51 AM
You've obviously never worked in the field of marketing / public relations :rolleyes:

You obviously have no idea how much cash it takes to sue the feds.

Matt Collins
01-11-2014, 01:30 PM
You obviously have no idea how much cash it takes to sue the feds.
Almost none at all if you have a lawyer who is willing to do it for free.

libertarianMoney
01-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I sometimes wonder if the guys from ICP are actually really really really smart and just playing a big prank on the rest of the world.
I heard them in an interview and I couldn't stop thinking, "There is no way people that successful are that..." Okay... holding back a little. They do scare me a tad.
Then again, maybe I just don't get it.

Calling them a gang seems a little excessive.

They're saying that the government violated the Freedom of Information Act by not showing why they're a "gang." That could mean the information doesn't even exist.

I don't know the laws about classifying a gang but won't ICP have to prove that the information exists to prove the information was withheld? Wouldn't that prove they're a gang? If the information doesn't exist then shouldn't ICP be making a lawsuit on something related to their classification (if it's possible.)? This just seems like a bunch of lawyers trying to justify their salary... Am I missing something?

CPUd
01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
I sometimes wonder if the guys from ICP are actually really really really smart and just playing a big prank on the rest of the world.
I heard them in an interview and I couldn't stop thinking, "There is no way people that successful are that..." Okay... holding back a little. They do scare me a tad.
Then again, maybe I just don't get it.

Calling them a gang seems a little excessive.

They're saying that the government violated the Freedom of Information Act by not showing why they're a "gang." That could mean the information doesn't even exist.

I don't know the laws about classifying a gang but won't ICP have to prove that the information exists to prove the information was withheld? Wouldn't that prove they're a gang? If the information doesn't exist then shouldn't ICP be making a lawsuit on something related to their classification (if it's possible.)? This just seems like a bunch of lawyers trying to justify their salary... Am I missing something?

A couple of the guys (one formerly part of the group) really were involved in gangs around the time they started the group. After a while, they put their energy into ICP to try to get away from the gang stuff. It didn't work out perfectly though, one of them left, another one had periods of time where he was in or out of the group. So being a gang is probably the last thing they would try to be doing with their fans.

I think what they try to do is create their own universe that their records are themed around. They use a lot of symbolics in their lyrics and images, and when they appear in public, they are mostly in character. A lot of art has a similar following; if you go to a Rocky Horror showing, people will be in there dressed up, and bring different items to throw at the screen. If you tell them it is your first time going to one, you will probably be urged to take part in an initiation ritual.

Most of ICP stuff is dark and graphic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28ISo0kz0E

but a few that are completely opposite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlpMxBX-jk

IBleedNavyAndOrange
01-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech n9ne has been rapping about juggalos for years. Hell, he has a song thats called "come gangsta."

He paints his face. What kinda black dude has orange hair? He's doing that for the white folks.

He's losing it.

The best stage show you'll ever see.

fr33
01-11-2014, 09:41 PM
A couple of the guys (one formerly part of the group) really were involved in gangs around the time they started the group. After a while, they put their energy into ICP to try to get away from the gang stuff. It didn't work out perfectly though, one of them left, another one had periods of time where he was in or out of the group. So being a gang is probably the last thing they would try to be doing with their fans.

I think what they try to do is create their own universe that their records are themed around. They use a lot of symbolics in their lyrics and images, and when they appear in public, they are mostly in character. A lot of art has a similar following; if you go to a Rocky Horror showing, people will be in there dressed up, and bring different items to throw at the screen. If you tell them it is your first time going to one, you will probably be urged to take part in an initiation ritual.

Most of ICP stuff is dark and graphic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28ISo0kz0E

but a few that are completely opposite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlpMxBX-jkBoth of those songs are tame compared to what they put out in the 1990s. I stopped paying attention to their music after the 90s and every time I hear a song from after the millennium change, I think they softened up their image a lot. Every song back then was about necrophilia, rape, mass murder, and assault.

It could be a fun contest to find the most offensive ICP lyric... I'm embarrassed to know as much about them as I do but my excuse is that I was a dumb teenager back then. Anyways this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_30tzMRv4MA) is the funniest ICP song IMO.

fr33
01-11-2014, 09:56 PM

Sure, I mean it's not like either one of the rappers in ICP have done any of the shit they rap about. It's stupid that the FBI would call them a gang. There are way more gang-oriented rappers out there. The main reason I posted that lyric quote was to include the gang reference along with what they really talk about. The 2nd half of the quote...

But I think it makes sense for parents or other types of relatives or friends of angst-ridden teenagers to pay attention to a ICP fan in their family and know what type of content ICP puts out. Most of ICP's work is about being rejected by society and getting revenge. Listening to their music might offer a non-violent outlet to some who experience such rejection but it also isn't surprising if some weak psycho kid that shoots up a school is an ICP fan. I'm not blaming ICP for such a shooting but, they have glorified doing exactly that.

Nic
01-12-2014, 09:38 AM
I didn't realize these guys were still around. I thought their battle with Eminem and their stint in the WWE had killed their career a long time ago. Their music was pretty hilarious back in the 90's.

NewRightLibertarian
01-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Sure, I mean it's not like either one of the rappers in ICP have done any of the shit they rap about. It's stupid that the FBI would call them a gang. There are way more gang-oriented rappers out there. The main reason I posted that lyric quote was to include the gang reference along with what they really talk about. The 2nd half of the quote...

But I think it makes sense for parents or other types of relatives or friends of angst-ridden teenagers to pay attention to a ICP fan in their family and know what type of content ICP puts out. Most of ICP's work is about being rejected by society and getting revenge. Listening to their music might offer a non-violent outlet to some who experience such rejection but it also isn't surprising if some weak psycho kid that shoots up a school is an ICP fan. I'm not blaming ICP for such a shooting but, they have glorified doing exactly that.

ICP is a gag act. The fact that they're being blamed for violence or gang behavior is completely ridiculous.

HOLLYWOOD
01-14-2014, 01:49 PM
1st Amendment BeeAtches... musicians can say anything they wish on their albums. AND it doesn't matter whether it's; rap, metal, trance, etc...

It's always about the state categorizing, dividing, and manipulating the people into groups, into fear, into paranoia within .gov. I presume if ICP lyrics were about bombing Al CIAda in Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan/wherever or killing evil Iranians, government wouldn't even bat an eye.

Love this Dee Snyder response to the Washington DC assholes living in their stolen delusional utopian bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veoYcsH7Wrs