PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol checkpoint cop actually respects the 5th Amendment -video

devil21
01-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Must be the new guy. But seriously good for him. It's at least a little comforting to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azprjQSSXdA

alucard13mm
01-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Looks like someone is not going to get promoted anytime soon..

DamianTV
01-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Its amazing how far an ounce of kindness will get you. Cops are people too, and many of them are also waking up because of people like us. The opposite is also true. If one wants to start a fight with a cop, just say something like "all cops are <insert cop insult here>". That works on both the rookies that may not get promoted, as well as the jaded indoctrinated cops.

There does exist such a thing as Respectful Disobedience.

aGameOfThrones
01-08-2014, 08:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uI4r3.gif

*Far From the Border Patrol checkpoint Agent actually respects the 5th Amendment

Matt Collins
01-08-2014, 08:09 PM
There was probably a memo circulated telling them that if they see people filming when they approach the stop, they should be extra polite.

But the agent did indeed sound genuine.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
These border guards have basically been forced to be respectful because of the court case of Terry Bressi, Steven Anderson's court case, and the actions of others. I've talked with Terry Bressi on the phone several times. His action back in 2002 was really no different than the action or demeanor of the motorists in this video.

I'm not going to excuse the fact that this government, cock sucking prick has a choice to either stand there or not there and harass people. I have not corresponded with Terry for a few months, but my understanding is that he still works at the observatory and has to put up with this crap many times per year commuting to and from work. They tried intimidation over 10 years after his initial incident and they know his exact identity when he pulls up.

Respectful demeanor is the minimum you should expect from these people, however, they think that saying "Have a nice day" somehow makes all of this okay.

I don't want superficial niceties. GET OFF THESE ROADS AND LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE!!!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-08-2014, 08:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uI4r3.gif

*Far From the Border Patrol checkpoint Agent actually respects the 5th Amendment

Exactly. He does not respect jack squat. You can't pick and choose the amendments you "respect." If he is so gung ho on the 5th, then why not the 4th? He is as phony baloney as they come.

There was probably a memo circulated telling them that if they see people filming when they approach the stop, they should be extra polite.

But the agent did indeed sound genuine.

I agree that the cameras help, but this guard is not genuine at all. His tone and whole demeanor is as phony as it gets.

devil21
01-08-2014, 08:46 PM
So when they don't respect the 5th they get scorn and when they do respect it they still get scorn? Im no fan of cops or checkpoints but I don't like how only the negative examples are ever circulated.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-08-2014, 08:51 PM
By them agreeing they were exercising their 5th amendment they in essence agreed to being citizens. I mean it's about as much "proof" as saying "yes i am a US citizen"...

Good on that patrol officer for not being a dick.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Devil21, I don't think he actually respects the 5th amendment. It is more of a PR move, especially because of the cameras. They are more interested in controlling their image and their game than they are respecting any rights.

Remember that people like Bressi and Anderson fought hard and paid a big price just to TAKE THESE RIGHTS BACK. Anderson was beaten pretty bad for doing the same thing.

No reason to stop after this video, and then shake hands. The job is not finished. You crush your opponent if you can knock him down or off balance, especially a jackal like these government swine.

DamianTV
01-08-2014, 09:11 PM
By them agreeing they were exercising their 5th amendment they in essence agreed to being citizens. I mean it's about as much "proof" as saying "yes i am a US citizen"...

Good on that patrol officer for not being a dick.

Agree.

How many non US citizens even know to ask "am I free to go" which is their Right? Obvious indicator of a Citizen. That, and no Engrish.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-08-2014, 11:05 PM
The border guard was a dick long before the video. He participates in aggressive action against citizens, and then takes exception when those citizens question him about it. What a nerve; complaining about the way HE's been treated. He's like the schoolyard bully who complains when the bullied stands up for himself.

dillo
01-08-2014, 11:17 PM
I wonder if they are regulars?

dillo
01-08-2014, 11:20 PM
The border guard was a dick long before the video. He participates in aggressive action against citizens, and then takes exception when those citizens question him about it. What a nerve; complaining about the way HE's been treated. He's like the schoolyard bully who complains when the bullied stands up for himself.

I dont have a problem with border checkpoints as long as they follow the law, I mean theres some bad people on the other side of that border. Are you against having checkpoints on the border to enter the country?

Beyond the border I find the idea of checkpoints to be offensive to any free society.

kcchiefs6465
01-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I dont have a problem with border checkpoints as long as they follow the law, I mean theres some bad people on the other side of that border. Are you against having checkpoints on the border to enter the country?

Beyond the border I find the idea of checkpoints to be offensive to any free society.
I am against arbitrarily stopping everybody, bringing some failure of a dirty mutt through to Ol' Yeller warrants, and the confiscation of property through their illegal, and equally important, immoral methods. Not to mention it is a waste of money that has been shown to be utterly ineffective.

It just goes against my better senses.

dillo
01-09-2014, 12:29 AM
I am against arbitrarily stopping everybody, bringing some failure of a dirty mutt through to Ol' Yeller warrants, and the confiscation of property through their illegal, and equally important, immoral methods. Not to mention it is a waste of money that has been shown to be utterly ineffective.

It just goes against my better senses.

What do you propose?

alucard13mm
01-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Border stations needs to be on the border.. not 100 miles from the damn border. I dont see an issue of asking for papers at the border or possibly searching people. But it is an issue if it is done way inside the border for some reason.

Although, with a thousand miles of mostly ungaurded border, it is kinda futile keeping people and drugs out in the first place.

Everytime I drive to san diego on the 5 freeway, I pass by the border station/chp station near the san onefore nuclear power plant. I never get searched though or asked anything. They just wave me through cause I'm asian or something. One day I decided to wear glasses and play some mexican music ;p.. I got sent to the side.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-09-2014, 02:12 AM
January 2014 roadblock article from Reason Magazine. It's a short read, and discusses Bressi, Anderson, and how media like Youtube is creating challenges to these goons. It's a pretty good summary of the issue:

http://reason.com/archives/2013/12/28/americas-internal-checkpoints

If you have not seen Terry Bressi's site, then it's also worth a look: https://www.checkpointusa.org/blog/

Excerpts:

During a routine trip from San Diego to Phoenix in 2009, Pastor Steven Anderson was stopped at an internal immigration checkpoint about 70 miles from the Mexican border...

They instructed Anderson to pull over into a secondary inspection area. The pastor repeatedly refused, at which point a Border Patrol agent and a state police officer simultaneously broke both windows of his car and shot the pastor with Tasers from each side, delivering lengthy and repeated shocks while Anderson repeatedly screamed in agony.

...shoved the pastor's head into the shards of broken window glass while dragging him from the car,...

But not everyone plays along. As a scouring of YouTube videos, border-state news archives, and court cases can attest, hundreds of resisters, mostly males in or around their thirties, are refusing to comply, capturing the often nerve-rattling conflicts on their smartphones. They may be lone dissidents, but they have created a robust online community of checkpoint constitutionalists.

Internal checkpoints, particularly permanent installations, typically employ drug- and bomb-sniffing dogs that patrol nearly every vehicle passing through. By using canines, the CBP is pushing the line between stops for immigration purposes and "ordinary criminal wrongdoing." The immigration portion of the stop becomes a mere pretext to establish a probable cause for searching the car or driver.

... since dogs have no demonstrated ability to sniff out the difference between an American and a Mexican.

Refuseniks who once were routinely hassled for declining to cooperate with Border Patrol are now recording agents waving them through without a word of questioning. Bressi believes if enough people are willing to mobilize and speak against checkpoints, "enough lawmakers who are also against them will feel empowered to either prevent the authorization of new checkpoint authority or roll back existing authority."

GunnyFreedom
01-09-2014, 03:23 AM
So when they don't respect the 5th they get scorn and when they do respect it they still get scorn? Im no fan of cops or checkpoints but I don't like how only the negative examples are ever circulated.

I have been through all kinds of check stops, including long before I encountered Ron Paul in 2007, and it has been my experience that when you assert your rights politely, the outcomes are always better by orders of magnitude. I no-joke have made a name for myself for doing this kind of thing, in 2011 the local paper even featured a political cartoon of me handing a cop a pocket Constitution at a check stop, so it's not like I am a stranger to this kind of thing.

kcchiefs6465
01-09-2014, 07:00 AM
What do you propose?
An ending of the drug war, ending many worthless regulations, easing up on who can come and go to namely be anyone at anytime (once subsidies are cut) for starters.

This Panopticon established does little to promote peace and certainly negates prosperity. To imagine a day where thousands of people are x-rayed, their cars searched without probable cause, and their business questioned by low paid government bureaucrats is a pretty incredible task to do. In 1798, were they really proposing this system? The precedents that are set, as a false means to protect national security, are expanded into every aspect of life. To even begin tracking who is or is not in this country, they will need their "Real ID" envisioning to come to pass. The Constitution Free Zones must be established. These things are the antithesis of what this country was supposed to stand for. Not to mention that this quasi-private governmental security-police state will be used not simply to keep them out, but to keep you in... and to keep tabs on your movements. VIPR screenings and forced DNA collection are a forewarning of what truly is to come. Do not be surprised if under the guise of solving the "problem" of illegal immigration, iris or other biometric databases are [further] established. And the people, by and large, will cheer.

Runaway handouts and government subsidies are indeed a problem. The solution is not armed guards along the borders. For one, we simply don't have the means to make it effective unless completely turning said area into a virtual police panopticon of drones, thermal images, and biometric databases and for two, we don't have the money. For three, people have the inherent right to freely travel. Reasonable inquiries of general information by locals is about all that I could tolerate and even then, there are limitations to what they could do. I find the whole problem to be exacerbated by naïve, heavy handed, authoritarian governmental policies. The drug trade is thriving as much as ever and the flow of people across our borders has hardly been reduced (and if so, probably because people don't want to come here anymore... the façade is wearing off). While there is a problem in local areas with regards to providing services for all, for free, and forever, to take from all to fund what only some may need, while simultaneously setting the stage for the wiping of ass with legal rights is not the solution.

Reason
01-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Check out the link in my signature for my BP checkpoint incident...

It did NOT go like that ^^ detained me for hours!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Check out the link in my signature for my BP checkpoint incident...

It did NOT go like that ^^ detained me for hours!

Just read your story. What a bunch of absolute garbage, but good for you for giving them a hard time. Wonder what they would have done if you had to take a piss or something.

Did you ever get that camera? If you did, are you happy with it? I have an audio recorder right now, but know a video recorder is better. We have some good expenses, so want to get something very, very basic.