PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore a RP Supporter?

RockyWisdom
11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I just visited the official website and saw "Michael Moore" of Burbank, California as a recent donor...could this be the Michael Moore of movie fame? Does anyone know if Moore lives in Burbank?

RockyWisdom
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Obviously it's a common name so I doubt it, but it caught my eye...given Moore's politics I would be shocked if it was him.

AlexMerced
11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Michael moore is like the exact opposite of RP

RockyWisdom
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Still, I wonder if Moore's opposition to the war and support for impeachment led him to consider a contribution. Again, I really doubt it...but if Moore lives in Burbank (and I would expect that he does), how many other Michael Moores live there too?

I don't know, I would be suprised but a white pages search for Michael Moore in Burbank brings up zero results.

RockyWisdom
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Current residence:

(July 2007) Bellaire, Michigan

RockyWisdom
11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Many references to Moore in Burbank...

"Burbank, California - Michael Moore said Thursday that the Bush administration has served him with a subpoena regarding his trip to Cuba during the making of his new film, "Sicko."

The Oscar-winning filmmaker, who appeared Thursday on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," said he was notified about the subpoena at the network's studios in Burbank, Calif."

ThePieSwindler
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
A Michael Moore endorsement would be exactly what this campaign DOES NOT need when trying to recruit republican voters. So hopefully this is not THE michael moore.

RockyWisdom
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
A Michael Moore endorsement would be exactly what this campaign DOES NOT need when trying to recruit republican voters. So hopefully this is not THE michael moore.

I agree 100%

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 04:43 PM

does it matter?Just proof that Ron Paul would score 100 on the general election because he appeals to all sides.

CurtisLow
11-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Michael Moore came out about a month ago and I believe he said he supports Hillery.

theseus51
11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
does it matter?Just proof that Ron Paul would score 100 on the general election because he appeals to all sides.

Well, I mean we are trying to win the Republican primary. When Republicans hear Michael Moore supports someone, chances are they aren't going to vote for that person.

Just like my union that I'm in. They do a great service putting out a "voter guide" each year. It helps make my decision easier, I just vote against everyone they endorse, and the opposite way on any referendums on the ballot. =)

expatinireland
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
One thing this campaign has been lacking is endorsements from credible
names that the general public would recognise and respect.

Barry Goldwater Jr. was fine but for 90% of voters it wouldn't click. Whereas if RP had
the likes of Clint Eastwood or Arnie Schwartzenager give an endorsement it would be
very newsworthy and help contain some of the negatives such as the brothel slime.

It is very irksome to do a google news of Ron Paul and have the number 1 relevant story show as prostitutes for Paul for days now.

It really is the job of the official (ie. professional) campaign to go scout out endorsements. Unfortunately, I get the impression that our official campaign is lacking in experience in some areas. I know it has been said that loyalty is the most important factor when it comes to the campaign staff but it just seems like in some regards we have staff that are doing on the job training.

I am sorry if this seems a bit caustic but I am just a bit disturbed by the coverage Ron receives and believe that
experienced professional campaign pr people could make a big difference here.