PDA

View Full Version : IMUS Returns/Paul apperance

JMann
11-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Paul's people need to try and get Ron on Imus. Would be great if they could get him on next week when the show debuts.

kylejack
11-29-2007, 02:57 PM
No need to do this. Not target demographic, possible negative implications which could amplify "fleet footed" ghost writer nonsense, and Imus would probably not have Paul on for his first week back.

Jwaksman
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
No, Imus would be a GREAT show to have Paul on. It has a huge audience and might be the most influential political radio show. Limbaugh's audience might be a little bit bigger (although it might not, I haven't seen recent numbers), but his audience all agrees on almost every issue. Imus gets people from both sides of the aisle and is seen as pretty fair in his political opinions. He gets an incredible array of guests and is seen as very important to political discourse.

Earlier today, Pat Buchanan was on Imus and was asked about Paul. He gave a very glowing review. After Imus questioned whether Paul had any shot of winning, Buchanan responded with Paul's fundraising numbers, etc.

Remember, Imus was a HUGE supporter of Kinky Friedman's run in the 2006 Texas Gubernatorial election. Friedman is a libertarian who has officially endorsed Ron Paul for the primaries. I think Imus would be very open to an anti-war Republican, and a guy with original ideas.

Finally, let's remember that we are in a real competition for McCain voters in the northeast. We appeal to a lot of the same voters (I don't know how many people I've seen online saying that they're choosing between McCain and Paul, as they are the only principled Republicans who aren't just smarmy slick politicians), and we are both trying to win New Hampshire. And McCain is on Imus all the time. So we need to get Ron Paul on Imus to try to counter that, to get some more of McCain's supporters.

Quick
12-05-2007, 11:52 AM
That's all we need is Ron Paul to go onto a show where the host was fired for insensitive, racist comments. We already have to deal with the stupid Stormfront and related, we don't need this.

Jwaksman
12-05-2007, 12:01 PM
That's all we need is Ron Paul to go onto a show where the host was fired for insensitive, racist comments. We already have to deal with the stupid Stormfront and related, we don't need this.

Imus is incredibly popular, and most people agree that the response to his comments were completely overblown. At this point, after all the grief he went through, everybody feels sorry for him. Even Al Sharpton yesterday said that he doesn't have a problem with the new Imus format. Imus is still going to get a great array of guests, the same ones he had before.

Ron Paul has already gone on the Alex Jones Show, which is viewed as a joke by most Americans. So unless you complained about him being on the Alex Jones Show, you can't complain about him being in Imus.

The fact is that there is no radio show where Ron Paul will get a better chance to explain his ideas to more open-minded people than on Imus.

JMann
12-05-2007, 12:02 PM

When did Imus make racist comments?

Goldwater Conservative
12-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I agree, this would be a big net plus for Paul. Being afraid to go on such a popular program because of BS charges is exactly what our opponents want and exactly why they level charges like that.

hawkeyenick
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
This is a great idea, he has impact on a large amount of conservative voters in texas

werdd
12-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Imus is incredibly popular, and most people agree that the response to his comments were completely overblown. At this point, after all the grief he went through, everybody feels sorry for him. Even Al Sharpton yesterday said that he doesn't have a problem with the new Imus format. Imus is still going to get a great array of guests, the same ones he had before.

Ron Paul has already gone on the Alex Jones Show, which is viewed as a joke by most Americans. So unless you complained about him being on the Alex Jones Show, you can't complain about him being in Imus.

The fact is that there is no radio show where Ron Paul will get a better chance to explain his ideas to more open-minded people than on Imus.

QFT, if he can go on Alex Jones he sure as hell can go on IMUS.

werdd
12-05-2007, 12:57 PM
wheres the contact info, we need to get on this.

tsetsefly
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Imus is a racist, ahole, not for his nappy headed ho comment, he has a history of racism, including calling black co workers the N word to their face:
from wikipedia, this btw is all factual and has been reported by howard stern since the 80's:

*In a 1984 interview, answering a question about Howard Stern, Don Imus said: "yes, Howard's a slut too, Lloyd...Plus a Jew bastard, and should be castrated... put in an oven" A clip of this interview was played by Howard Stern in the news section of his November 5, 2007 show
* African-American sports columnist Bill Rhoden referred to as a "New York Times quota hire"[62].

* In 1993, PBS anchor Gwen Ifill (then with the New York Times) referred to as a "cleaning lady."[63][64][65]

* As reported by New York Times columnist Bob Herbert,[66] in the course of a 1998 interview with Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes, Imus told a producer off-camera that McGuirk was hired to perform "****** jokes."

* Robin Quivers claimed that when she worked with Imus at WNBC, he called her a "******" face to face.[67] Both Howard Stern and Quivers have also claimed that he screamed "******, ******" at an African American secretary named Becky during their time at WNBC.[68]

* Imus has also repeatedly referred to Arabs as "ragheads.

aside from this Imus is just not funny and his show sucks...

tsetsefly
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I agree, this would be a big net plus for Paul. Being afraid to go on such a popular program because of BS charges is exactly what our opponents want and exactly why they level charges like that.

BS charges? read my previous post imus has a history of being a racist!

Goldwater Conservative
12-05-2007, 01:17 PM
BS charges? read my previous post imus has a history of being a racist!

I was talking about the charges against Paul.

tsetsefly
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I was talking about the charges against Paul.

oh lol, nevermind then...

Gadsdenfly
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
The link between Imus and his racial slur and Ron Paul's nutty nazi supporters etc. is weak at best as is the entire link to Ron Paul and racism for that matter. The upside for an Imus appearance is much bigger. Imus has a large politically tuned audience and is very influential If he got on board with Ron Paul it would be huge.

davechat7
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
There is no upside for an appearance on Imus' show. He should avoid this racist like the plague.

sharedvoice
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Paul's people need to try and get Ron on Imus. Would be great if they could get him on next week when the show debuts.

Absolutely not. Bad Idea.

ilovemypitbull
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I like the idea. I have a feeling Ron Paul would as well...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

tsetsefly
12-05-2007, 04:55 PM
The link between Imus and his racial slur and Ron Paul's nutty nazi supporters etc. is weak at best as is the entire link to Ron Paul and racism for that matter. The upside for an Imus appearance is much bigger. Imus has a large politically tuned audience and is very influential If he got on board with Ron Paul it would be huge.

I wouldnt call his audience politically tuned, that was all bs, much like his claim that he had the listeners with the highest average income. Aside from that he hardly gets any ratings, not even above 2.0 which is garbage for morning radio...

I dont think Paul should give this racist an interview, imo...

Jwaksman
12-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I wouldnt call his audience politically tuned, that was all bs, much like his claim that he had the listeners with the highest average income. Aside from that he hardly gets any ratings, not even above 2.0 which is garbage for morning radio...

I dont think Paul should give this racist an interview, imo...

Have you ever looked at the interview schedule for Imus? He gets by far the most important people to come on. The question isn't whether Ron Paul should go on, it's whether he's a big enough name for Imus to be able to make room for him.

There is no QUESTION that Imus has the most politically influential radio show. Being on can be nothing but a plus.

Everyone thought it was a big deal when Ron Paul got on the View. It's a bigger deal to get on Imus.