PDA

View Full Version : Help Ben Swann Win a Shorty Award!

ZakCarter
01-07-2014, 11:44 AM
I just nominated Ben Swann for a Shorty Award - http://shortyawards.com/category/6th/journalist - Please join me - lets get a win for an independent journalist!

https://twitter.com/BenSwann_

"The Shorty Awards honor the best of social media. Millions of people participate in The Shortys to recognize individuals and organizations producing great content on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and the rest of the social web. The 6th annual ceremony will be held in New York City and livestreamed on the web on April 7, 2014."

"How to Make a Nomination

From ShortyAwards.com or on Twitter, send a tweet like this: I nominate @username for a Shorty Award in #category because... [ADD REASON HERE]
You can nominate anyone who has a Twitter account for a Shorty Award, which recognizes everything they do on other social networks, too.
Be creative with the reason. A tweet without a reason will not count."

A win here would be great exposure for Ben and independent journalism!

RDM
01-07-2014, 08:08 PM
What makes you think he's going to win this time, when last year, he garnered the MOST votes, yet still lost? For those that don't know, a board of panelists have the final say who wins no matter what the vote count is.

ZakCarter
01-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't expect it to be easy - but I do see it as free advertising for a liberty journalist! If the powers that be somehow let him win - bonus!! Also, things are different this year - Ben left his FOX affiliate since then and went independent and online...

ZakCarter
01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
As long as Ben stays out in front, (and he's up by over 30 nominations at this point) they can't keep him from winning this one! -

"Separately, whoever receives the most nominations from the public in each Official Category will be honored on ShortyAwards.com as the Shorty Vox Populi winner, a special distinction for the people’s choice."

RDM
01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
As long as Ben stays out in front, (and he's up by over 30 nominations at this point) they can't keep him from winning this one! -

"Separately, whoever receives the most nominations from the public in each Official Category will be honored on ShortyAwards.com as the Shorty Vox Populi winner, a special distinction for the people’s choice."
Over 100 lead would be better.

ZakCarter
01-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Can't argue with that! Ben still is up by about 20 nominations over Tim Pool...

In other Ben Swann news, Ben launched his "Truth In Media Moments" video series this week!

http://benswann.com/want-to-control-nsa-spying-turn-off-the-water/

RDM
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
His nominations have slowed to a halt while a few others are beginning to catch him. With over a 100,000 likes on FB, surely a good portion of them use Twitter you would think.

RDM
01-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Yep, not looking good. It's been one full week, and he has not received one nomination while two others are gaining momentum. Possible he'll lose first place in nomination by end of the day.

ZakCarter
02-06-2014, 07:38 PM
He's still got a slight lead - I'll ask him to promote it via his social media at least once more before voting ends!

ZakCarter
02-16-2014, 07:42 AM
We're almost there!

Nominations close: Feb. 18 11:59:59pm EST., 2014

And Ben is 6 nominations ahead of 2nd place - please send in your nomination, and pass this along if you've already nominated him - Let's keep him in 1st place to the finish line!