PDA

View Full Version : Possible Ron Paul donation idea! Please Read...

usmcZ
11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to throw out an idea, I saw one thread about donating to a chipin to help send care packages to the troops, which is a great thing. I myself am still active duty, and I enjoyed the letters, etc. from people unrelated to me.

I had another idea, I know of a few younger Marines personally that have been helped out by a website called "Let's Bring 'Em Home!" or www.LBEH.org - I was thinking about maybe a coordinated donation day under the name of Ron Paul's grassroots campaign (small amounts, $10 or $20 because I know personally between RRL and TeaParty I will send most of my money there). The website is great in the fact that it locates and buys tickets for service members that otherwise cannot afford it. For example, one of my Marines wanted to fly home on the allocated time off for Christmas (~Dec. 21 to Dec. 26) and plane tickets are ridiculous, upwards of $800 to fly from California to Illinois!

I think that the goals of the site and the name of the site would fit well with Dr. Paul's message (Bringing everyone home, this would just be a small step in that direction) and also serve a very valuable and noble cause. A small donation can go a long way in really helping someone in your military out.

I will be donating some, just wanted to throw out the idea, maybe even possible coordinate something if enough people are interested?

Thanks,
Eric

free.alive
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
For those who can afford it, this would be an awesome way to tie acts of beneficence with a benevolent message.

There is so much good will among the people that we absolutely must get the government out of the way so we can deal with catastrophes like Katrina the way we want, and so we can help out our fellow Americans the way it's best for them.

After we win the primary, we will instantly be attacked by Democrats, among other things, on the perceived coldness and heartlessness of free-market solutions.

Therefore we need to enlist doctors and dentists to do big preventative health care check-up days in local parks, and convince local lawyers to work together to provide legal services for Iraq'Afghanistan vets and other veterans to get what's been promised them by the government, or do street cleanups in poor neighborhoods or house/yard clean-outs for the indigent and elderly, and we keep our local food drives stocked and start offering volunteer solutions to government debacles.

When they ask "Why???" we tell them that the message of freedom and the example of Ron Paul has inspired us to take ownership of our communities' problems and that private ownership will allow problems to be solved by real people who care as opposed to politicians and bureaucrats who just want to do enough to retain power.

How will a tax-loving, double-talking, power-hungry internationalist Democratic candidate be able to trump government control over the evidence that empowerment and self-interest provide the best solutions to real people's problems?

Matt
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
It does sound like a great cause but how would anyone know that we're donating for Ron Paul?

akovacs
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
You almost got it.

We need to send the care packages directly, and put some RP material in it. Then it's branded with RP's name and you know exactly what you're sending to them. This has to be organized by a vet though, or else the media would rightly be suspicious and the soldiers would think we're pandering to them.

usmcZ
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Thank you very much for the support of the idea, without writing too much in my first post that is the idea I was thinking.

The whole premise of a true non-profit organization like this that wants nothing in return for their hard work and time, and is doing a great service to something that is a major issue in the upcoming elections would speak magnitudes of the success of Dr. Paul's message, granted getting him elected is by far much more important, but if anyone wanted to help out in another way this would be a possibility..

If anyone thinks there might be enough interest, we could even make a sort of money-bomb in the name of Dr. Paul for this site. I know everyone is tapped, especially with the holidays, but it wouldn't take much from us just to show that we support them (although not the war).

usmcZ
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
You almost got it.

We need to send the care packages directly, and put some RP material in it. Then it's branded with RP's name and you know exactly what you're sending to them. This has to be organized by a vet though, or else the media would rightly be suspicious and the soldiers would think we're pandering to them.

Well, I am active duty, and a veteran of OIF, I personally know groups of people over there... although I am hesitant about sending RP materials to deployed troops... I could go on for a bit on why if anyone would be interested, maybe just saying this package brought to you by Ron Paul & His Supporters...

Otherwise I was thinking a sort of money bomb by RP grassroots but to something completely selfless and truly honorable, just to illustrate the power of his message and how it really does bring everyone together, and the good we can accomplish.

McLane2007
11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Not a bad idea. Last year they raised over $75,000 and helped 150 soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines go home for Christmas.

We would have to do it like a one day money bomb called "Ron Paul's sends the troops home" or something like that so it would get press.

Rex
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm down

Mark
11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
bump

jacmicwag
11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
In

usmcZ
11-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Great, I will work on something then :-)

usmcZ
12-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Site is now live.. I am looking for any input/feedback (I am new to feedburner also, so I am not quite as good with it as others are.. but I am just trying to get the message across..)

http://www.grassroots4troops.com spread it around, donate a little on the 10th, and help me in spreading the news of the website to other news outlets and making it a success!

Thanks,
Eric