PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee sudden popularity surge is way suspicious

IHaveaDream
11-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Look at all the online polls that appear to show a sudden popularity surge for Huckabee. Look at the sudden money spike for his campaign. If it's really legitimate everyday people behind it all, and there is nothing "manufactured" about it, we should soon see a swarm of YouTube videos, sign wavings, and pep rallies for Huck, just like Dr. Paul gets from his enthusiastic supporters.

Anyone wanna take bets that it never happens?

Spirit of '76
11-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think it's so suspicious.

Mitt and Rudy are shooting themselves in the foot and then taking shots at each other whenever possible. They are both going down.

Fred has fizzled.

Who else are the pro-war people going to turn to?

nullvalu
11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't see it as being suspicious.. It's election season... more & more people are now getting involved in checking out the candidates.. Guiliani & Romney flushed themselves out as frauds in the early months.. In a way, I'm glad Huckabee is getting more support.. It will take votes away from Guiliani, etc and further split the pro-war vote - giving Paul an even better chance at the nomination.

AgentPaul001
11-29-2007, 02:23 PM
lol, Well Rudy's campaign is dying. I think Romney has some momentum from his MASSIVE spending so far. Thompson's momentum is strange because its simply dissatisfaction from the pro-war wannabe fiscal conservatives, and Huckabee now has the Evangelical support.

McCain just doesn't have the support ANYWHERE.

craezie
11-29-2007, 02:24 PM
they are starting to harness the internet, in the ways that we have been for months.

you don't own the internet, and neither do i. get over it.

why does everything have to be a conspiracy around here?

thehighwaymanq
11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
It's not suspicious. Let's not be the crowd who thinks everytime something new happens it's fake. Huckabee had a good debate, I rated him second after the doc.

DjLoTi
11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Mike Huckabee is the Ron Paul for people who can't get real with themselves.

jumpyg1258
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
My clueless mom is a Huck supporter. I believe she has been brainwashed with the recent Huck push by our corporate media overlords. She thinks he sounds honest. Since shes a hardcore Christian I had to ask her "Who would Jesus torture?" and if a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Iran is part of the just war theory of Christianity. Also asked her if she likes paying taxes. I doubt I have changed her mind though since she always falls for stupid things like this recent Huck push.

terlinguatx
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM

thegearbox
11-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I still don't understand how a devoted Christian could be for the death penalty. I also find it odd that cutting the IRS would cut government spending. Don't people see what a fraud this guy is?

JMann
The Huckster is smooth no doubt about it but Allah knows I would never vote for a prosecutor or a pastor for President.

drain
huck is bush 2000. slow speaking, guided by god, compassionate conservative etc...

Paulitician
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, media has been shoving Huckabee down everyone's throats for a while. I guess they realized that Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson and John McCain aren't going to win them the nomination. So, to me, the only candidates with real, hardcore support to me are Mitt Romney, Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, and that is evident here on the Internet. They'll except Mitt and Mike... they're deathly afraid of Ron Paul ever getting the nomination.

adpierce
11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
I still don't understand how a devoted Christian could be for the death penalty. I also find it odd that cutting the IRS would cut government spending. Don't people see what a fraud this guy is?

Seriously? You can't see how a devoted Christian can be for the death penalty? Have you read the Bible? Death Penalties are mandated by God in the Old Testament for everything ranging from disrespecting your parents to adultery. If you say that Jesus changed all that most Christians would disagree. They think that the New Testament and Christ came to fulfill the Old Testament not overturn it. The death penalty is about as compatible with Christian philosophy as say... Jesus being born from a virgin. Actually if you were to follow the Bible there's a strong argument that there ought to be more things given the death penalty than treason and murder. I hate to see Huckabee doing well but he answered that question last night flawlessly from his Christian perspective.

Liberty
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I think it's very suspicious. Huck's fundraising was dead in the water, yet he received mega positive MSM coverage. Imagine what Ron Paul's poll numbers would be at if he would've had the same coverage. Huckabee did get some decent support at the value voter's function, however, the wheels had been set in motion prior to this.

Lord Xar
11-29-2007, 02:38 PM
huck is bush 2000. slow speaking, guided by god, compassionate conservative etc...

uhmmm.. HE IS NOT CONSERVATIVE.

That is the whole point. He is just a preacher who calls himself a republican..and the sheeple are buying it. The proof is in the pudding.. its all there.

Falseflagop
11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Huck has gift of Clinton Charm a sweet talker, that is IT!! He is a liberal ! Huck my ass!

dsentell
11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Well, media has been shoving Huckabee down everyone's throats for a while.

That is exactly what is happening. The sheeple follow along -- ooohhh they said Huckabee . . . baa baa baa. . .

nathanmn
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I think it's very suspicious. Huck's fundraising was dead in the water, yet he received mega positive MSM coverage. Imagine what Ron Paul's poll numbers would be at if he would've had the same coverage. Huckabee did get some decent support at the value voter's function, however, the wheels had been set in motion prior to this.

He is the best on the grounds face to face campaigner from what I hear. Imagine all of that slick talk directed at you in your face. Plus Chuck Norris will beat anyone up who doesn't support him. Truthfully, he is going to be the guy to beat before it is all said and done. We can't worry about that right now though. He isn't going to win NH and that has to be our big win.

reduen
What it so surprising about this folks? I have been trying to tell you this was coming for months.. :rolleyes:

jb4ronpaul
it is suspicious because before his surge there were rumors around the GOP inside circles that Huck needed to be pushed up to be a legit VP so social conservatives would go along with a Rudy election. Then all of a sudden he surges? Let's face it, at the very least the guys in charge are masters at manipulating the media to control people. There are a lot of dirty tricks being pulled here.

Drknows
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM

QFT

amonasro
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
There are a lot of dirty tricks being pulled here.

If anyone doubted this statement before, last night should have sealed it for them. The media is SO transparent it's ridiculous. One more good thing about Paul's campaign is that it's exposing the media for the establishment shills they really are. I can't listen to any MSM the same way now without wondering how a particular story is made to manipulate the public.

akovacs
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Huck my ass!

You have no idea how funny that sounds when you say it aloud :P

It's going to be Huck and Paul in the primaries battling it out. We have a lot of money and a huge network already in place, so we are in good shape, but definitely do not have it clinched.

JMann
11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Seriously? You can't see how a devoted Christian can be for the death penalty? Have you read the Bible? Death Penalties are mandated by God in the Old Testament for everything ranging from disrespecting your parents to adultery. If you say that Jesus changed all that most Christians would disagree. They think that the New Testament and Christ came to fulfill the Old Testament not overturn it. The death penalty is about as compatible with Christian philosophy as say... Jesus being born from a virgin. Actually if you were to follow the Bible there's a strong argument that there ought to be more things given the death penalty than treason and murder. I hate to see Huckabee doing well but he answered that question last night flawlessly from his Christian perspective.

God is one violent mofo that is fo sho. Killing, plagues, torture. No wonder the Republicans have lost their way.

murrayrothbard
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Why then does Jesus stop a woman from being stoned??

Liberty
11-29-2007, 02:51 PM
they are starting to harness the internet, in the ways that we have been for months.

you don't own the internet, and neither do i. get over it.

why does everything have to be a conspiracy around here?

Why do people insist on pointing to conspiracy anytime someone questions something that doesn't look right? I admit some things haven't been proven, but there are several examples on this forum with proofs. What would the world be like if nobody questioned anything?

JaylieWoW
11-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Actually the more telling thing about this is when Ron Paul wins the online polls they are not legitimate, an "obvious" result of spammers, but when an "anointed" candidate wins an online poll it is declared a victory. THAT, ladies and gentleman is where the "conspiracy" lies. No such scrutiny is placed upon the candidates which the media tell us are "acceptable".

Brian4Liberty
11-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Actually the more telling thing about this is when Ron Paul wins the online polls they are not legitimate, an "obvious" result of spammers, but when an "anointed" candidate wins an online poll it is declared a victory. THAT, ladies and gentleman is where the "conspiracy" lies. No such scrutiny is placed upon the candidates which the media tell us are "acceptable".

Exactly.

Huckabee is a prime example of what happens when a candidate is backed and promoted by the mainstream media.

Ron Paul is a prime example of what happens when a candidate is being suppressed and opposed by the mainstream media.

seapilot
11-29-2007, 03:20 PM
The media doesnt report the news they try to steer the views~~

ItsTime
11-29-2007, 03:23 PM
nothing odd about this at all. He is leading Iowa. He didnt say anything of value in the debate so it looks like he did well. More money going to him means less money going to McCain Rudy and Fred.

Lets moneybomb tomorrow what do you say? :D