PDA

View Full Version : KFI Los Angeles BIG IMPACT

craezie
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Southern California is the most populous geographic area in the country.
KFI 640 am is the most listened to talk radio station in the nation.
Several of their programs are the most listened to English programs in the SoCal area. They play Rush during the day, but their morning and drive-time programs have much higher ratings than Rush.
If we could get a major endorsement here it would be huge. At least if someone would buy advertisements on this station, it would be hitting the exact target audience.

The John and Ken program has been proven to be hugely influential. They promote 'protest votes' called political human sacrifice in which Republicans are encouraged to vote democratic just to push the status quo and scare the phoney politicians into doing the peoples', rather than the lobbyists', will again. When they tell people to call someone or buy something, people actually do it to the point that they are constantly threatened with lawsuits (just like Ron Paul supporters)

They are libertarian, oppose the Iraq war, detest back room deals and Washington's spending, and they are vehemently anti-illegal immigration.

How can we get someone like this to take note of Ron Paul? If a large portion of Southern California was working for Ron Paul, the national polls and everything else will be greatly affected.

KCIndy
11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Do you have their call-in number?

Are they still syndicated on satellite radio?

Ethek
11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Sounds big.

craezie
11-29-2007, 02:04 PM
There is no point to calling, because they hardly ever take callers. When they do, it is ONLY on their specific topic.

They take letters at johnandken@johnandkenshow.com. They hate dumb people and harassing people, though, so you should only write if you are articulate and have intelligent points.

I don't know about satellite. If they are, then that is an even wider audience.

If RP would just commit to pardoning Ramos and Compean on his first day, the endorsement would probably be sewn up! LOL

Steve4RP
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Agree...John and Ken are big names in SoCal talk radio and would be a major +++. They seem to agree with RP on most major points and certainly his illegal immigration views.

craezie
11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
They are always lambasting the NAFTA superhighway too, so there might be a good 'in' there, since RP got that question at the debate, and the MSM made it sound like he was crazy.

Lord Xar
11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I am familiar with them, but from what I understand they endrosed rudy.. which came as shock to everyone because of the hack he is. I have emailed them a few times.. but I would encourage you to do it too.. perhaps they will change it up.

craezie
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't think it is an endorsement, they just had him on the show.

I have heard them make the statement that they think he is the only one who can win, that is different. They don't like the other 'frontrunners' because they are just like George Bush.

Syren123
11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
We had Dr Paul on John Zeigler's show on KFI back in September and it didn't turn out as well as it should have...John Zeigler attacked him on the war nonstop. Then the next day at the breakfast, he could not have been more complimentary.

Let's just say it was a learning experience.

John and Ken cover local news and issues. They're not talking about the presidential race much.

craezie
11-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, anyone who listens regularly knows that was the wrong show :)

Zieglar loves the war, even has pro-war propaganda at the beginning and end of every show.

John and Ken, on the other hand, can't stand the war in Iraq. Their stance is basically to pull out and let the crazy people kill each other as much as they want. They always make fun of GWB when he says that 9/11 had something to do with Iraq.

Dorfsmith
11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Zieglar pissed me off when he interviewed Ron Paul :mad:

John and Ken might throw some support Ron Paul's way but (and I don't listen to the show anymore) they should have by now if they support him.

Steve4RP
11-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I know they have had Tom Tancredo on a couple of times because of his illegal immigration stance, I think having RP on their show would be very positive interview.

RevolutionSD
11-29-2007, 06:37 PM
John and Ken are sort of libertarians, but John is notorious for talking over his callers and cutting them off, o'reilly style.

They talk about illegal immigration about 90% of the time and rarely discuss national politics. In 2004, they HATED Bush and Kerry as the options but REFUSED to mention any 3rd party candidates, which I found disgusting!

We can try with J&K but I wouldn't get your hopes up!

Nash
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Duncan Hunter was on Jon and Ken as well.

The only way Paul gets on the show is if he basically devotes an entire segment to illegal immigration. Hunter and Tancredo both did this when they were on.

Also Paul would have to illustrate how his policy positions impact the local Southern California voter. Since he's a federalist that means some issues are untouchable to him because he would turn everything over to the state and local governments.

Ron Paul is against deportation so that wouldn't really play all that well.

He could talk about a few things though. Ending federal welfare for example and also abolishment of the Income Tax ensures that even if they stay there they are paying the same taxes everyone else is. He could also discuss ending birthright citizenship.