PDA

View Full Version : From the CNN Political Ticker...11/29

MsDoodahs
11-29-2007, 01:54 PM
"COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) – Ron Paul and his grassroots supporters may dominate the Internet, but in South Carolina, the Texas congressman is pretty close to dominating the snail mail game as well.

Well-funded former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who has dropped at least seven mail pieces as counted by CNN, seems to have sent out more direct mail than any other candidate in this early primary state. But in recent weeks the Paul campaign has sent out at least five very large, very polished pieces of mail to potential GOP primary voters.

One of them is a 12-page mailer, already released in New Hampshire, that folds out to be nearly three feet long.

All of the South Carolina mailings go straight for the jugular on issues important to the Republican base: abortion, illegal immigration, social security, and fiscal responsibility. (Paul's mail also delves into the libertarian's favorite topic – defending the Constitution.)

His abortion mailer features a large photo of a smiling baby and reads: "Dr. Ron Paul is more than pro-life. He is the essence of all that it stands for." The illegal immigration brochure pledges "to end immigration nonsense" and fight "amnesty." His economy mailer touts his record fighting "the tax and spend crowd" in Washington.

But the detailed, fold-out mailings seem to carefully avoid the one position that truly puts him at odds with his Republican rivals: his repeated calls to immediately remove U.S. combat forces from Iraq.

The 12-page Paul mailer promises "protection and peace without nation building" but avoids any reference to Iraq, hinting that the campaign—at least in paid media—may be reluctant to bring up the congressman’s stance on Iraq in a state where support for the war remains relatively strong.

– CNN South Carolina Producer Peter Hamby"

:)

MsDoodahs
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Only has 8 comments, if you'd like to add one...

htt p://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/11/29/ron-paul-hits-south-carolina-mailboxes/

Ethek
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Thats a nice mailer. I ordered about 100 to try and work the possible delegates for KY.

Sematary
11-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Thats a nice mailer. I ordered about 100 to try and work the possible delegates for KY.

Where do you order these? I don't see them on the site.

MsDoodahs
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
bump...anyone know where to get those mailers?

austin356
11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
bump...anyone know where to get those mailers?

Campaign Store. Under "Books" category.

Eric21ND
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
So how many different mailers are there? I hope the campaign puts them up on the website to buy. We need to bomb Iowa with Paul's strong stance on illegal immigration. ALL the other candidates are weak on this issue.

austin356
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
So how many different mailers are there? I hope the campaign puts them up on the website to buy. We need to bomb Iowa with Paul's strong stance on illegal immigration. ALL the other candidates are weak on this issue.

Just the big one now. I think it came mostly b/c of pressure from the Grassroots after we saw how great it was.

Sematary
11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
$2 ea. ?
That won't help me at all.
I couldn't possibly afford enough to do what I want to with them. Oh well.

ASayre
11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
$2 ea. ?
That won't help me at all.
I couldn't possibly afford enough to do what I want to with them. Oh well.

Only if you buy one.

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=44

Order them in bulk and it's 50 cents each.

jgmaynard
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
"He is the essence of all that it stands for."

A preposition is a word you should never end a sentence with. ;)

JM

spacebetween
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM
"He is the essence of all that it stands for."

A preposition is a word you should never end a sentence with. ;)

JM

ha I hope this was tongue in cheek...

JimDude
11-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Only if you buy one.

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=44

Order them in bulk and it's 50 cents each.

sound good, keep it up