PDA

View Full Version : Like Hitting the Reset Button

purepaloma
06-25-2007, 11:51 PM
A thought came to me tonight. It is so simple, yet profound.

"I'd like to see Ron Paul get elected, it would be like hitting the reset button in politics/gov't."

CurtisLow
06-26-2007, 12:22 AM
After hitting the reset button, Lets break it, so our Nation never gets into this mess again.

SWATH
06-26-2007, 12:23 AM
People have been calling the 2nd amendment "the reset button" for a long time.:)

empirenine
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
So true.

In my pondering of Dr. Paul, I've come to feel more like I'm supporting a charity than a political candidate. There is so much potential for positive change after so many years of corruption. I've never been "proud to be an American", but I finally see a break in a the clouds.

austin356
06-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I really wish the anti-federalists would have put in a true "reset button". Where each decade or so a vote of confidence by the states/people is held, then if 2/3rds of the states did not have confidence in the current system, the whole thing starts over somehow..

Not a proposal, but rather an idea of achieving non-violent reset. (other than RP)

tsoldrin
06-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Aye.. I've heard the 2nd amendment referred to as the government's reset button, but I think I like this more... most sucessful revolutions are peaceful after all.

I think if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd fight eachother to see who could hit that reset button first.

SWATH
06-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Aye.. I've heard the 2nd amendment referred to as the government's reset button, but I think I like this more... most sucessful revolutions are peaceful after all.

I think if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd fight eachother to see who could hit that reset button first.

Yea, the 2nd amendment is more like a hard shutdown with a reboot.

austin356
06-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Yea, the 2nd amendment is more like a hard shutdown with a reboot.

With a lot of "kick the damn machine to make it work"......... It seems if your computer gets that bad its time to buy a new one. The only problem I see though is the computer users know nothing about computers anymore and thus will be deceived by the teenage sales guy at the big box stores trying to sell new age crap that is known to fail easily.

I hope the Mises Institute, or at least the Cato Institute traffic goes up 1000% before such button is reset.