PDA

View Full Version : 250 people to win my town

Sematary
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
When I was at the town clerks office the other day getting the voting list for my town, I ask the clerk to look up some numbers for me. The last primary election here, George Bush won with only 215 votes. McCain had 180 or something like that. The rest were stretched pretty thin and low as there were less than 500 Republican votes in the primary (40% of Republicans in my town).
So, knowing that only 40% of Republicans are going to vote and also knowing that Indies still have plenty of time to BECOME Republicans in Ct., I am working on my list and will begin canvassing soon to try and capture some of those Republican votes and to try and switch as many Indies as possible (I'll be bringing voter registration/change forms with me). So, I figure 250 is an attainable number and one that will win this district. :)

jpinkerton
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Let us know how it goes!

Sematary
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Let us know how it goes!

I guess we'll find out after the election :D

Sematary
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Am I the only one who sees how much simpler this makes our task seem?
How many small towns are there in America that only require a couple of hundred votes for Ron Paul for him to win the nomination?

torchbearer
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Am I the only one who sees how much simpler this makes our task seem?
How many small towns are there in America that only require a couple of hundred votes for Ron Paul for him to win the nomination?

that's the idea, bottom up. Everyone needs to be doing this... and also becoming delegates!

terryp
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I am a life long rep. I vote for mc cain in the 2000 primary. Then had to vote for bush in the last two elections, Sorry, Mc Cain screwed the gun owners so both of those camps are subject to vote RP.

me3
11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
that's the idea, bottom up. Everyone needs to be doing this... and also becoming delegates!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

And thanks to Sematary too.