PDA

View Full Version : Who would you vote for

fletcher
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Who would you vote for in the increasingly unlikely chance that Ron Paul does not get the nomination?

I know Ron Paul will get my vote no matter what.

MikeStanart
11-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Lets not even talk about this now.

We need to be spending all our efforts getting Paul the nomination;

Instead of making hypotheticals; that could end up being self-fullfilling prophecies.

RPFTW!
11-29-2007, 01:46 PM
write in for me

fletcher
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Lets not even talk about this now.

We need to be spending all our efforts getting Paul the nomination;

Instead of making hypotheticals; that could end up being self-fullfilling prophecies.

It's just a question that takes 10 seconds to answer. It has no bearing on the future of the campaign.

Kingfisher
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I clicked Write in Ron Paul but I Mmght vote Democrat just for spite

anotherone
11-29-2007, 02:34 PM
I clicked Write in Ron Paul but I might vote Democrat just for spite

I've been thinking of this too.

Part of me would want complete and total destruction of the Republican party so something else could be built up in its place.

sedele
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
fixed

fletcher
11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
I've been thinking of this too.

Part of me would want complete and total destruction of the Republican party so something else could be built up in its place.

Electing a Democrat will not destroy the Republican party. It will excite the Republican base. At the same time the Democrats will self-destruct from total power like the Republicans did. It will revive the Republican party. The best way to destroy he party would be to elect Rudy. The Republican party is currently a big government, big spending party. If Rudy were elected it would add anti-gun, pro-choice, pro-gay marriage to the party. You lose all fiscal conservatives, Christian conservatives, and gun-rights advocates. The only people left in the party would be hardcore warmongers, but by the end of Rudy's term they would be almost nonexistent. That is how you destroy the party.

awitelin
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I guess it depends on who the Rep/Dem candidates are. I would write in, except in Oklahoma, our presidential ballots do not allow this. We only get the two party-nominated candidate options on our ballots. If those two are unacceptable, I will have no choice but to not vote at all.

10thAmendmentMan
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
If anyone is familiar with "pressing the Rothbard button" I may just do that by voting for Hillary.

Drknows
11-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I clicked Write in Ron Paul but I Mmght vote Democrat just for spite

I agree the republican party needs a total overhaul.

jrich4rpaul
11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
"increasingly unlikely chance"?

Man, it's getting more likely by the day. Do you really think our support only goes as far as CNN tells us?

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
You forgot the Constitution Party option, though assuming Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination I would probably hold my nose and vote Republican just because of the unborn lives at stake.

fletcher
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
"increasingly unlikely chance"?

Man, it's getting more likely by the day. Do you really think our support only goes as far as CNN tells us?

I don't think you read the full sentence.

the increasingly unlikely chance that Ron Paul does not get the nomination?

;)

jrich4rpaul
11-29-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't think you read the full sentence.

;)

My bad. I was reading the screen and listening to Cafferty at the same time